WR Miles Austin: MERGED

SoFlaJets

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trade for Campbell or Austin which would you do?????

The more I think about it the more I would say Campbell. He's a QB that I think can not just manage but win games for you. He's got good arm strength and is mobile.

Campbell? the kid on the Redskins? Heck no!!!!!!! Stick with Clemens or Ratliff if that's the case, geesh!!!

Jason Campbell or Miles Austin?

Is that a serious question?

You bring in Campbell.

Is Campbell that much of an upgrade over Clemens? We still don't know what we have in Clemens - lets give him a fair shot already! If it was for Cutler I could see it, but not for Campbell. As far as Austin, it depends on what kind of contract they would have to offer. If it's reasonable, go for it. He's young and has been developed for 3 years, and obviously the FO loves him. If the contract demands are excessive, keep the pick. I know a lot of people here have been hating on Austin, but I trust the FO. Rex needs to bring in his own players, so if he likes Austin I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean we're not talking about Terry Bradway here.

BPA is the way to go, I'd love to have Harvin. He's a game breaker! He and Leon on the field at the same time, the D would not know what to do!!:thumbup:

Yes they would. Bring an extra man or two into the box to take care of Leon until Clemens or Ratliff shows he can consistently complete passes against an NFL defense. Keep doing that until either throws two touchdowns in the same game.

Tough call. One I haven't seen enough of to think he's worth a second round pick, the other I've seen enough of to be pretty sure he isn't.

Just because one anonymous source says the 'Skins are "hoping" for a second round pick doesn't mean they're going to get one, either. It's already clear that the Broncos view Kyle Orton higher than him - would anyone here've given up a second round pick for Orton?

kyle-orton-drinking-deadspin-com.bmp

L O Fcking L at these posts. "I've never seen so much love for someone with just 18 career receptions." IVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH LOVE FOR A QB WITH NO CAREER DOWNS BEFORE IVE SEEN SOME OF THESE THREADS HERE. Some of you people are dumber than a bag of sponges.

I've never seen so much love for WR draft picks who have NEVER played in the NFL. There is much more solid info on Miles - he CAN play in the NFL and there is a good chance he will upgrade his game when he gets more playing time.

Miles is worth a 2nd round pick, however, the Jets I believe are not settling for a simple exchange. If they wanted that they would have already presented Miles with a contract - why wait? I feel they are negotiating with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys have 11 draft picks - if they give up on Miles to the Jets that gives them 12 picks. No team wants 12 picks particularly Dallas which is considered a very talented team. Dallas could simply say piss off and match any offer the Jets throw at Miles, but it could get messy and expensive.

OR... Dallas may want to play ball because of a desire to get into the 1st round. Here's where the Jets have an opportunity - I believe the Jets want to increase the # of picks to build depth. The # 17 pick may be inviting to Dallas.

L O Fcking L at these posts. "I've never seen so much love for someone with just 18 career receptions." IVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH LOVE FOR A QB WITH NO CAREER DOWNS BEFORE IVE SEEN SOME OF THESE THREADS HERE. Some of you people are dumber than a bag of sponges.

"L O Fcking L" CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS

Who is dumber than a bag of sponges?

Please present us with a better option to upgrade at WR with a WR who has proven himself against NFL talent... is tall... fast... and under 25 years old.

"L O Fcking L" CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS

Who is dumber than a bag of sponges?

Please present us with a better option to upgrade at WR with a WR who has proven himself against NFL talent... is tall... fast... and under 25 years old.

Proven?

If by proven you mean a guy that is a fourth string guy. Yes, he is proven. :rolleyes:

why is this move kinda reminding of the Doug Jolley trade... -.-

the difference is that no one in Tampa Bay stood up and said "letting Doug Jolley go would be a mistake"

likewise no one in Tennessee made a point to say "letting Justin McCareins go would be a mistake"

At the very least the Jets will try to get Miles for a 2nd rd pick. I believe, however, they will drag this out close to or until draft day and make a semi-complex deal that will include Miles and draft picks. Ask yourself - are the Jets content to stay put with 6 picks or do they desire more picks? I think it's the latter.

Proven?

If by proven you mean a guy that is a fourth string guy. Yes, he is proven. :rolleyes:

By proven I mean he has shown the ability to beat NFL DB's deep for TD's whenever given the chance...

More than ANY rookie WR has on their resume... they beat guys who will be working a 9-5 job in a year or so... so unless they are freaks who are almost sure hits... I would much rather scoop up a tall fast 24 year old who has proven he can make big plays in the NFL...

So right now at QB we have Kellen I can't beat out noodle arm Clemens, Brett 2.0 I looked good against 3rd stringers in preseason Ratliff, and Eric how the hell am I still in the league Ainge. I'm just saying.... I have no idea how good Campbell or Austin are. I don't really follow those teams. However, If the Skins would be interested I'd listen to them first. From what I've seen Campbell has potential.

Trade for Campbell or Austin which would you do?????

Austin. I don't think Campell is a significant upgrade, and frankly he would need someone to throw to, just like Clemens/Ratliff will.

Neither is worth a 2nd round pick, but Austin at least fills a more pressing need.

By proven I mean he has shown the ability to beat NFL DB's deep for TD's whenever given the chance...

More than ANY rookie WR has on their resume... they beat guys who will be working a 9-5 job in a year or so... so unless they are freaks who are almost sure hits... I would much rather scoop up a tall fast 24 year old who has proven he can make big plays in the NFL...

The irony of this statement.

It is funny you how you argued that a team would be better served taken Stafford or Sanchez versus Cassell. :rolleyes:

He has not proven dick. He has speed. He is a good returner. However, torching the Packers when they are concentrating on TO is not what a career makes. He was undrafted for a reason. He went to Monmouth for a reason.

He is still a prospect.

Austin for anything more than a fourth--he's a special teamer not unlike David Tyree of the Gints. Few plays on O, some flashes of brilliance and a good ST guy. Nothing more. Clowney is a better reciever right now IMO.

Do not want: Brady Quinn. When you've got this many young guns, be them cannons or starter pistols, you don't bring in an untested, high priced QB who's never even sniffed our playbook.

Do not want: Herpes. I just do not want. Been lucky so far.

Do not want: Ray Mualagaga ga or Tyson Jackson. Both have great names, but play too slow if you ask me.

Do not want: to trade away any more drft picks for any reason whatsover. Unless the trading of the pick can, in some way, cure herpes or fill the need for a true #1, established receiver.

Do not want: the ass-raping I'm about to get since my seniority for season tix isn't so hot and I've already been told I'll most likely have to pay PSL's instead of sending my kids to college.

Want: Marvin Harrison for one year.

Want: a girl who loves the real me. without needing bourbon.

Want: a RB drafted in the first three rounds.

Anyone else?

Austin for anything more than a fourth--he's a special teamer not unlike David Tyree of the Gints. Few plays on O, some flashes of brilliance and a good ST guy. Nothing more. Clowney is a better reciever right now IMO.

Do not want: Brady Quinn. When you've got this many young guns, be them cannons or starter pistols, you don't bring in an untested, high priced QB who's never even sniffed our playbook.

Do not want: Ray Mualagaga ga or Tyson Jackson. Both have great names, but play too slow if you ask me.

Do not want: to trade away any more drft picks for any reason whatsover. Unless the trading of the pick can, in some way, cure herpes or fill the need for a true #1, established receiver.

Do not want: the ass-raping I'm about to get since my seniority for season tix isn't so hot and I've already been told I'll most likely have to pay PSL's instead of sending my kids to college.

Anyone else?

Hmmmm... Perhaps you were lying?

Anyone else?

Oh, and:

1. No thanks, he'll be hurt by week 2.

2. Unlikely, especially with the herpes.

3. Meh, unless it's Moreno, we can get one next year and plug him in. RB is an easy fix.

Anyone else?

Lot of things you don't want.

Saing Clowney is better than Austin is absolutely laughable though. I'd be content if we got Austin, not thrilled but willing to give him a shot. Although he's still relatively unproven he's a helluva lot more proven than David ****ing Clowney that's for damn sure.

Quinn? Meh, never really liked him but he'd still probably be an upgrade. Like I said in another thread I'd be more confident with Clemens and our draft picks, than I would be trading a 1st for Quinn. (I wouldn't trade anything more than a 2nd).

I don't want herpes either, not a fan.

We aren't drafting Ray Maualuga. Not happening. Jackson I'd be okay with, we could really use some depth on the defensive line and Jackson would at least be a big upgrade over Kenyon Coleman.

I disagree with the whole "Never trade picks" mentality. If there's a good deal there to be made you make it. Yes, in a perfect world you build through the draft in the way the Steelers have but the fact of the matter is draft picks will not alway work out and the front office feels that they can get better talent via trade then I say go for it.

As for your want list?

1. Marvin Harrison is done. If he plays next season it will be with Indy IMO.

2. What EY said. You're ****ed.

3. Agreed, I want us to target a back at some point in the draft. There is no guarantee that TJ will be very effective next season as the feature back and although I want to see Leon get a LOT more carries, I wouldn't want to be relying on him to carry a load. You also have to take into account that TJ is likely playing his last year as a Jet regardless, with his contract situation the way it is.

If Beanie Wells is on the board at #17 I'd pull the trigger, I see a lot of potential in him, think he'll be a special back.

• 8 months later...

Archived