Check Out This Cool New Site I Found...Called DraftDaddy.com

SoFlaJets

or something like that(;))-here's their 1st round mock.....

01. Detroit Lions - QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia

The Lions have to start over at QB, Stafford's skills have impressed the right people.

==

02. St. Louis Rams - OT Jason Smith, Baylor

The front office can't feel good about Alex Barron at LT, Smith should be reliable.

==

03.Kansas City Chiefs - LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest

The Chiefs need a strong and steady leader to build their 3-4 defense around.

==

04.Seattle Seahawks - QB Mark Sanchez, Southern Cal

The Seahawks might not make this pick, but want to set market value for rising Sanchez.

==

05.Cleveland Browns - DE Brian Orakpo, Texas

'Rak looked outstanding in linebacker drills, could be a nice fit in a 3-4.

==

06. Cincinnati Bengals - OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia

The Bengals seem unlikely to bring back Levi Jones, Monroe is an upgrade.

==

07. Oakland Raiders - WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech

Oakland have speedy developmental wide receivers but lack a star.

==

08. Jacksonville Jaguars - OT Michael Oher, Ole Miss

The Jaguars saw Oher up close in Mobile and saw a hard worker with upside to get better.

==

09. Green Bay Packers - DT B.J. Raji, Boston College

The Packers are in rough shape in the front of their new 3-4, Raji helps day 1.

==

10. San Francisco 49ers - OT Andre Smith, Alabama

Niners need a tackle, Smith has had a rough spring but is still a mauler.

==

11. Buffalo Bills - DE Robert Ayers, Tennessee

LDE is a primary need for the Bills, Ayers is a try-hard motor player who is rising.

==

12. Denver Broncos - DE Tyson Jackson, Louisiana State

Broncos' defensive front seven needs help, Jackson has been a top prospect for years.

==

13. Washington Redskins - DE Aaron Maybin, Penn State

The Redskins pass rush is limited, Maybin is raw but has exciting talent.

==

14. New Orleans Saints - RB Beanie Wells, Ohio State

The Saints lack play-makers, Wells and Bush would be a complimentary duo.

==

15. Houston Texans - LB Clay Matthews, Southern Cal

Matthews is a rising prospect; highly athletic and versatile with NFL bloodlines.

==

16. San Diego Chargers - LB Rey Maualuga, Southern Cal

The Chargers need to upgrade the middle of their D, Rey in SoCal would be a natural fit.

==

17. New York Jets - WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri

The Jets need more explosion, Maclin can make plays and sell tickets in a new stadium.

==

18. Denver Broncos (via CHI) - DE Everette Brown, Florida State

The Broncos' defensive upgrade continues with Brown, a relentless pass rusher.

==

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State

Freeman to Tampa Bay seems like a match, if he makes it this far.

==

20. Detroit Lions (via DAL) - DB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State

The Lions also need a defensive quarterback and won't mind that Jenkins future might be at safety.

==

21. Philadelphia Eagles - DB Louis Delmas, Western Michigan

Reid has a keen eye for DB talent and Delmas might have the juice to replace Dawkins.

==

22. Minnesota Vikings - OC Alex Mack California

The Vikings have uncertainty at the center position, Mack will be a fan fave.

==

23. New England Patriots - DE Connor Barwin - Cincinnati

Barwin has been working out like a beast (4.49 @ pro day), he might not make to round 2.

==

24. Atlanta Falcons - CB Vontae Davis, Illinois

The Falcons still haven't found that shut down player to replace Hall.

==

25. Miami Dolphins - WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland

The Dolphins need to keep adding weapons, D-H-B is a speed demon.

==

26. Baltimore Ravens - CB Darius Butler, UConn

The Ravens need to reload at corner and will value Butler's versatility.

==

27. Indianapolis Colts - DT Peria Jerry, Ole Miss

Jerry fit's the Colts' scheme like a glove and will able to provide leadership.

==

28. Philadelphia Eagles (VIA CAR) - OT Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma

The Eagles LT situation is in unheaval, Loadholt is a man-mountain similar to Marcus McNeal.

==

29. New York Giants - LB Brian Cushing, Southern Cal

The Giants need a 4-3 SLB, Cushing should become popular playing locally.

==

30. Tennessee Titans - CB D.J. Moore Vanderbilt

The Titans need a wide-out, return man and depth at the corner. Moore could contribute.

==

31. Arizona Cardinals - RB Donald Brown UConn

Brown is a top notch talent and character, the Cards need a long term solution at RB.

==

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest

Al Smith is a heady corner with pro ball skills, and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Here's round 2

By Matt Bitonti

This Mock Will not project trades

last updated: 04/06/09

==

33. Detroit Lions - WR Percy Harvin, Florida

The Lions have to find complementary options to Calvin Johnson.

==

34. New England Patriots (via KC) - DT Ziggy Hood, Missouri

The Patriots have several defensive lineman up for contract, Hood provides leverage.

==

35. St. Louis Rams - DB Sean Smith, Utah

The defensive backfield needs coverage help, Smith can work as a corner or safety.

==

36.Cleveland Browns - DT Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State

Gilbert is a playmaking 5-tech with great appeal to 3-4 teams around the league.

==

37.Seattle Seahawks - RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia

Moreno lacks ideal measurables but should be a productive runner in the league.

==

38. Cincinnati Bengals - DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech

Johnson has 1st round measurables but 3rd round production. Teams will be happy to split the difference.

==

39. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Brian Robiskie, Ohio State

The Jags are looking for receivers with character, Robiskie should be a low risk professional.

==

40. Oakland Raiders - DB Chip Vaughn, Wake Forest

Michael Huff has been a dissapointment and Vaughn has impressive workouts.

==

41. Green Bay Packers - OT Eben Britton, Arizona

The Packers need to plan for the future of both tackle positions. Britton could be a swing athlete.

==

42. Buffalo Bills - TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State

Pettigrew has had a rough spring in workouts but his value could rise if his hamstring heals.

==

43. San Francisco 49ers - DE Lawrence Sidbury, Richmond

Sidbury has filthy pass rush skills but might have to learn to be a complete defender.

==

44. Miami Dolphins (via WAS) - NT Ron Brace, Boston College

The Dolphins lack a wide-load for the front of their 3-4, Brace is a space-filler.

==

45. New York Giants (via NO) - WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina

The Giants need options out wide, Nicks has polished ball-skills and could help Manning.

==

46. Houston Texans - RB Andre Brown, North Carolina State

Brown is a 224 pound thumper who ran a high 4.4 at the combine; A duo with Slaton could succeed.

==

47. New England Patriots (via SD) - CB Asher Allen, Georgia

Allen is a speedster who can offer the Patriots an option in bump and run press coverage.

==

48. Denver Broncos (via HOU) - LB Clint Sintim, Virginia

Broncos' defense needs to get tougher, Sintim is a rugged player with 3-4 experience.

==

49 Chicago Bears - WR Kenny Britt, Rutgers

The Bears need to provide options to their new franchise QB. Britt is a possible star.

==

50.Cleveland Browns (via TB) - TE Shawn Nelson, Southern Miss

Nelson is a hard working receiving threat who can help the Browns replace Winslow.

==

51. Dallas Cowboys - OT William Beatty, UConn

The 'Boys need offensive tackle help immediately, Beatty could be solid on either side.

==

52. New York Jets - RB Leshon McCoy, Pittsburgh

Thomas Jones wants a new contract, the Jets have other plans.

==

53. Philadelphia Eagles - LB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

The Eagles have had uncertainty at the linebacker position, lil' Animal fits the Eagles defense.

==

54. Minnesota Vikings - CB Kevin Barnes, Maryland

The Vikings need to restock the defensive secondary, Barnes is a hard-hitting baller.

==

55. Atlanta Falcons - LB Marcus Freeman, Ohio State

Freeman is an underrated 4-3 LB prospect who has had a nice spring of workouts.

==

56. Miami Dolphins - DL Fili Moala, Southern Cal

The Dolphins continue to add beef up front, Parcells loves the planet theory.

==

57. Baltimore Ravens - WR Mike Wallace, Ole Miss

The Ravens need more targets for Flacco, Wallace could be a game-breaker.

==

58. New England Patriots - DB Rashad Johnson - Alabama

Johnson has the leadership ability to help fill the void created when Harrison left NE.

==

59. Carolina Panthers - DE Paul Kruger, Utah

Kruger is a tough pass rusher who has had a tough road to the league, he will work hard.

==

60. New York Giants - WR Ramses Barden, Cal-Poly

The Giants need to replace Plax and this small school gem may be another Vincent Jackson.

==

61. Indianapolis Colts - WR Derrick Williams, Penn State

Williams helped his stock by running well at pro-day; good fit for Indy's system.

==

62. Tennessee Titans - LB Jasper Brinkley South Carolina

Brinkley has recently has recaptured the form that once made him an elite LB prospect.

==

63. Arizona Cardinals - DE Larry English, Northern Illinois

English could be an interesting project at 3-4 OLB, the Cards need more options at the position.

==

64. Pittsburgh Steelers - OT Jamon Meredith, South Carolina

The Steelers OL has been lacking quality of late, Meredith can play at several posi

pure comedy gold;

42. Buffalo Bills - TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State

Pettigrew has had a rough spring in workouts but his value could rise if his hamstring heals.

is it comedy b/c he's too good for 42 or comedy because I have recommended this player at 17?

either way I still feel Petti is a good player but am no longer sure he is a true first rounder.

I still believe if all of the Jets obvious targets are gone at 17, he's a fall back option... kinda like a safety school when applying for college.

I like Bit's site. He's always done a good job with it. He's not afraid to take a few stabs and go out on a limb for a player. I still hate and despise Bit for selling me on DeWayne Robertson, but I love Bit because he's Bit and he's been right A LOT more than he's been wrong about these players.

As for the draft, I would love--LOVE--to get Maclin out at #17, but I think something would have to go really wrong with him to make him fall behind players like Clay Matthews and Ayers.

I love getting McCoy in the second, too. No way is Thomas Jones going to get the ball 350+ times again and NOT break down. Plus, I don't like the idea of trying to get Leon 150 carries. He's too valuable to the team to let him get whacked around in the backfield.

is it comedy b/c he's too good for 42 or comedy because I have recommended this player at 17?

either way I still feel Petti is a good player but am no longer sure he is a true first rounder.

I still believe if all of the Jets obvious targets are gone at 17, he's a fall back option... kinda like a safety school when applying for college.

what do you draftniks base your stuff on ? other mocks ? you guys are like the wind. one day a guy is a stud, the next a dud

what do you draftniks base your stuff on ? other mocks ? you guys are like the wind. one day a guy is a stud, the next a dud

\I could try to answer that but if you are interested, you should try to make a mock draft. it's tougher than you'd think... but some people find it relaxing and a tough habit to break.

\I could try to answer that but if you are interested, you should try to make a mock draft. it's tougher than you'd think... but some people find it relaxing and a tough habit to break.

I've done 'em, I never get very far into the second round

my point was simple, if you thought he was worth a #17 pick, what changed your mind ? a hammy pull ? I can see hium dropping to about #25, but #42 ?

it's kinda funny cuz that's why the jets passed on heath miller, and we all know how that worked out :bag:

my point was simple, if you thought he was worth a #17 pick, what changed your mind ?

I don't think it's that his mind has changed so much as that time has passed. This close to the draft groupthink generally produces a reasonably clear picture. It doesn't make as much sense now to deviate from Pettigrew's projection by a whole round as it did when he started tossing the idea out there.

Nice work Bit.

I too disagree that Pettigrew will fall to the second, but stranger things have and will continue to happen in the NFL draft. It is interesting that you feel he is slipping, while most of the "experts" I have heard say he is rising. Kiper even has him top ten on his Big Board. Not that Kiper is God, but he is the Godfather of mocks, if for no other reason than ESPN forcing him on us for years.

I did a round 1 mock, and much of it resembles yours, but ironically, I have the Jets taking BP. Too much bang for buck at 17 IMO. He will be a solid, all around TE for years that would make Keller a bigger threat than he already is capable of being. I know the naysayers claim that a TE in the 1st two years in a row is moronic, but if available at 17, he would likely be the best player at any position remaining.

Time will tell.

I don't think it's that his mind has changed so much as that time has passed. This close to the draft groupthink generally produces a reasonably clear picture. It doesn't make as much sense now to deviate from Pettigrew's projection by a whole round as it did when he started tossing the idea out there.

this is one of those situations where my earlier projection is probably more accurate than my later one... I just didn't feell like he's been working out well enough to justify the selection... but his play on the field and the Jets need could very well justify it. .. it's a bit of a reach at 17, his window is probably 21 - 45 overall.

this is one of those situations where my earlier projection is probably more accurate than my later one... I just didn't feell like he's been working out well enough to justify the selection... but his play on the field and the Jets need could very well justify it. .. it's a bit of a reach at 17, his window is probably 21 - 45 overall.

hey I have to give you credit for putting your ideas out there. If I did a mock the general consensus would probably be that I had never watched football a day in my life :bag:

I'm with ya. Weren't Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly both top-ten predictions by many last year? They dropped like rocks.

how does he see the field behind Pace, Thomas, Gholston?

how can the Jets have 4 DE who were former first rounders when there can only be 2 on the field in most situations?

I heard alot of negative **** about Smith from several different sources: Another FSU DE bust who was never double-teamed, one year starter, played in a rotation, short, etc...

Archived