New Old Song I'm Learning....

SoFlaJets

It Makes No Difference from The Band at The Last Waltz

Great friggin' song-perhaps the best performance from that night (other than Van Morrison doing Caravan).

Put the capo on the 3rd fret guys-it's Eb, Dm, Gm, Cm7th, Bb and F. So if you use the capo on the 3rd fret you're playing C, Bm, Em and Am7th. SO much easier than trying to play those flat chords on the acoustic. Here's the chords and lyrics if anybody wants them

http://theband.hiof.no/lyrics/makes_no_difference.html

nJXc0NRCmRQ

One of my all time favorite bands, although I will admit, I prefer any song that has Levon singing lead. To me, he just has a more soulful and scratchy blues voice... and I always thought Robbie was kind of a dick (albeit, genius song writer and good singer in his own right).For me, the best performance that night was The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. It could be for my massive homerism towards Levon Helm, but I just thin that's one of the most emotional songs ever written and performed. I've seen a lot of bands play it live and it always brings the place down; I would say the Black Crowes do the song the best justice, although no one can touch the band.

Hey SOFLA, have you guys ever played "Don't You Do It?" I know The Band covered the Marvin Gaye song for the Last Waltz and I know the Crowes play it.. Such a good blues-rock song and it always sounds great live. If ya ever play that song live, I'd love to hear it!

feEBEpDLTKI

One of my all time favorite bands, although I will admit, I prefer any song that has Levon singing lead. To me, he just has a more soulful and scratchy blues voice... and I always thought Robbie was kind of a dick (albeit, genius song writer and good singer in his own right).For me, the best performance that night was The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. It could be for my massive homerism towards Levon Helm, but I just thin that's one of the most emotional songs ever written and performed. I've seen a lot of bands play it live and it always brings the place down; I would say the Black Crowes do the song the best justice, although no one can touch the band.

Hey SOFLA, have you guys ever played "Don't You Do It?" I know The Band covered the Marvin Gaye song for the Last Waltz and I know the Crowes play it.. Such a good blues-rock song and it always sounds great live. If ya ever play that song live, I'd love to hear it!

feEBEpDLTKI

NJ sent me that song from TLW, because I couldn't find it on Limewire or whatever I was using at the time. Remember Robbie saying (at the BEGINNING of the movie) "we're gonna do one more song and that's IT!" I was going through an old songbook the other day and noticed Baby, Don't Do It in there. I didn't know it was Motown song written by Holland Dozier and Holland

Hey SOFLA, that was on hell of a cover. One of my favorite songs from The Band, such a great tune to listen to when you're outside drinking or just hanging with the friends. Very tight band, loved the bluesy voice...ya did Levon proud!

I just went back to my playlist from The Band...you should definitely think about King Harvest, that's a heck of a song as well. Well, i guess they all are hah.

Oh, for some reason I've also had Dominoe by Van Morrison in my head..great tune.

ANyways, heck of a job man.

Archived