Lombardi: Brady Quinn On The Block

SoFlaJets

I tend to agree BG...IDK but I kind of feel like we already have our QB on the roster-like Ryan said.

BTW...nice axe-what is it?

I swear, I don't mean to put Quinn down, but I have never had a positive feeling about the guy's ability to make it in the NFL as a starter. What the heck do I know, anyway? It's just a gut reaction. Cutler would have been a massive upgrade over Clemens and Ratliff. But Quinn? No way. Let's keep our picks and see if one of those two kids can play. If not, we dump them both at the end of the season and find our "next guy".

That's my electric, a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom.

I swear, I don't mean to put Quinn down, but I have never had a positive feeling about the guy's ability to make it in the NFL as a starter. What the heck do I know, anyway? It's just a gut reaction. Cutler would have been a massive upgrade over Clemens and Ratliff. But Quinn? No way. Let's keep our picks and see if one of those two kids can play. If not, we dump them both at the end of the season and find our "next guy".

agreed

SHWEEET

SHWEEET

Thanks, SFJ. It was a gift from my wife and son for my 50th birthday, already two years ago. Of course, I researched the hell out of instruments in the appointed price range, and this outplayed all of the non-US-made Gibsons and Fenders. The best feature is that you have coil taps for each of the two pickups. So, you can go from full humbucker to single coil with the pull or pull of the pots. Plus, the ebony fretboard plays like a dream. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/patriot_custom.html

P.S. Happy Easter.

It makes me wonder if Quinn is a malcontent?

The NFL network asked Kellen Winslow who he would rather have at QB....Quinn or Anderson.

I expected Winslow to throw them both under the bus, but he said without quivering Quinn. Said he is mature and can make all the throws. He said he liked Anderson as well, but thought Quinn was better.

Thanks, SFJ. It was a gift from my wife and son for my 50th birthday, already two years ago. Of course, I researched the hell out of instruments in the appointed price range, and this outplayed all of the non-US-made Gibsons and Fenders. The best feature is that you have coil taps for each of the two pickups. So, you can go from full humbucker to single coil with the pull or pull of the pots. Plus, the ebony fretboard plays like a dream. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/patriot_custom.html

P.S. Happy Easter.

you too bro-that's really nice-do you have to wait for the house to be empty to play it like I do when I plug in?

I would be stunned if Quinn gets traded.

He is loved in Cleveland. He grew up in Dublin, OH. Browns fans have been clamoring for him to be handed the job.

If Mangini trades Quinn and he plays just decent, not even necessarily good and Anderson plays like he did last year, Mangini will be one and done in Cleveland.

i would consider quinn and a second for kellen.i think most have it backwards.i think people are gonna be surprised by this kid this year.i believe kellen is our next kenny obrien.not great,but good and more than serviceable

I like your thinking Mark...I will be the biggest Kellen Clemens and/or Brett Ratliff supporter this year-either one is fine with me. In fact I find it pretty exciting to watch a young QB develop-hey why NOT us? We see guys do it every year (against us) WHY.NOT.US?

To be fair, although I don't really want Quinn (I've thought of him as overrated sice college) I probably would take him for a 2nd or less. I would NOT give up a first however.

From what I've seen watching his limited playing time in the NFL and from what I saw of him in college, I think he struggles throwing the ball downfield, but when you consider the type of offense we're looking to emply under Ryan (Run first, ball control) I doubt he'd have to do much more than manage the game. Also the lack of explosive weapons available on offense means that we'll probably be reduced to a short passing game anyways. In that regard I suppose Quinn could be a good fit in this offense but I'm still far from sold on the idea.

you too bro-that's really nice-do you have to wait for the house to be empty to play it like I do when I plug in?

I'm lucky, my wife likes when I crank the amp. (That sounds lewd. LOL) Actually, part of my gift was an amp to go along with the guitar. I went with a Line 6 solid state, which allows me to get massive gain, tone, and distortion at really low volume. This works out great when I attempt to channel Pete Townshend, Mick Jones (Clash's Mick Jones, not the Foreigner guy), or Jimmy Page at 11:00 when my son is asleep.

I'd rather have Kellen Clemens and a 1st/2nd round draft pick.

+1 for me as well. I would not want to give up any picks for Quinn, who is as much of an unproven commodity as Clemens or Ratliff. After this year, if those two wash out, we go on the hunt for a new starting QB. Maybe, for once, the radiance of the football gods will shine on us and either Clemens or Ratliff will actually play well.

+1 for me as well. I would not want to give up any picks for Quinn, who is as much of an unproven commodity as Clemens or Ratliff. After this year, if those two wash out, we go on the hunt for a new starting QB. Maybe, for once, the radiance of the football gods will shine on us and either Clemens or Ratliff will actually play well.

Rex Ryan deserves as many draft picks he can get to build the team in his own image. Too many Jets fans are way too eager to give away high draft picks for marginal talent

Somebody tell me what Brady Quinn has EVER done in this league to prove he's better than.....................anyone in the league. Have you seen his numbers. He BLOWS!!

You're ready to give up Keller,picks, are you guys nuts???????

Brady QUINN???LOLOLOLOLOL

and who the he!! is this Austin dude we're giving up a second for? Wow,times are rough, dammm.

Edwards makes sense, for a first,maybe a fourth and stuckey, then it ends.

#2 we take the best RB on the board.

This is nonsense talk.

I'm lucky, my wife likes when I crank the amp. (That sounds lewd. LOL) Actually, part of my gift was an amp to go along with the guitar. I went with a Line 6 solid state, which allows me to get massive gain, tone, and distortion at really low volume. This works out great when I attempt to channel Pete Townshend, Mick Jones (Clash's Mick Jones, not the Foreigner guy), or Jimmy Page at 11:00 when my son is asleep.

We should start a guitar thread in the lounge.

I'm a tube snob, myself. Got an AC30CC1 that gets used when I can get really loud, and a Laney L5T-112 that I use around the house. G&L's are probably my guitar of choice, but I've got a few others.

And there's only one Mick Jones, AFAIC, and it ain't the Foreigner guy.

Somebody tell me what Brady Quinn has EVER done in this league to prove he's better than.....................anyone in the league. Have you seen his numbers. He BLOWS!!

You're ready to give up Keller,picks, are you guys nuts???????

Brady QUINN???LOLOLOLOLOL

and who the he!! is this Austin dude we're giving up a second for? Wow,times are rough, dammm.

Edwards makes sense, for a first,maybe a fourth and stuckey, then it ends.

#2 we take the best RB on the board.

This is nonsense talk.

Seriously dude. Who the **** said that?

My God!

Archived