Lombardi: Brady Quinn On The Block

SoFlaJets

I swear, I don't mean to put Quinn down, but I have never had a positive feeling about the guy's ability to make it in the NFL as a starter. What the heck do I know, anyway? It's just a gut reaction. Cutler would have been a massive upgrade over Clemens and Ratliff. But Quinn? No way. Let's keep our picks and see if one of those two kids can play. If not, we dump them both at the end of the season and find our "next guy".

That's my electric, a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom.

Nice guitar and it doesn't take a "feeling". Brady Quinn Sux. FACT!

We should start a guitar thread in the lounge.

I'm a tube snob, myself. Got an AC30CC1 that gets used when I can get really loud, and a Laney L5T-112 that I use around the house. G&L's are probably my guitar of choice, but I've got a few others.

And there's only one Mick Jones, AFAIC, and it ain't the Foreigner guy.

LOL. Now you know why I put that in my post. I wish I had Foreigner Jones' songwriting royalties, but Clash Jones in 1977-79 was a dynamo. Just total snarl in the attack. Both of your amps rock. I'm just an aging hacker with a mortgage headed for a major iceberg very soon. LOL. Why am I laughing.

LOL. Now you know why I put that in my post. I wish I had Foreigner Jones' songwriting royalties, but Clash Jones in 1977-79 was a dynamo. Just total snarl in the attack. Both of your amps rock. I'm just an aging hacker with a mortgage headed for a major iceberg very soon. LOL. Why am I laughing.

My secret is that I buy everything used. Found the AC30 in a pawn shop. I nearly wet myself as it shined like a beacon amongst the Crates and Marshall MG's.

Joe Strummer was great, but I was always a bigger Mick Jones fan. I even liked a lot of the BAD stuff. He was always interesting, at least.

My secret is that I buy everything used. Found the AC30 in a pawn shop. I nearly wet myself as it shined like a beacon amongst the Crates and Marshall MG's.

Joe Strummer was great, but I was always a bigger Mick Jones fan. I even liked a lot of the BAD stuff. He was always interesting, at least.

Wow, nice find. That s*it never happens to me. This is probably not the thread to go into this stuff, but I was at the infamous first Clash show at Bonds disco before the NYC fire marshall shut them down. I was pressed up by the left side of the stage and thought I would not make it out alive. The morons oversold the gig and there was only one working exit.

Wow, nice find. That s*it never happens to me. This is probably not the thread to go into this stuff, but I was at the infamous first Clash show at Bonds disco before the NYC fire marshall shut them down. I was pressed up by the left side of the stage and thought I would not make it out alive. The morons oversold the gig and there was only one working exit.

hey BG-YT has the live reording FROM the Bonds show up-no video-just music though-almost the whole show

Somebody tell me what Brady Quinn has EVER done in this league to prove he's better than.....................anyone in the league. Have you seen his numbers. He BLOWS!!

You're ready to give up Keller,picks, are you guys nuts???????

Brady QUINN???LOLOLOLOLOL

and who the he!! is this Austin dude we're giving up a second for? Wow,times are rough, dammm.

Edwards makes sense, for a first,maybe a fourth and stuckey, then it ends.

#2 we take the best RB on the board.

This is nonsense talk.

Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean he's not good; it just means you don't know anything about the league. Miles Austin is a good football player; not worth a 2nd, though.

Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean he's not good; it just means you don't know anything about the league. Miles Austin is a good football player; not worth a 2nd, though.

:rl: Do you actually READ the stuff you write ?

I made a thread earlier this month saying if I were Tannenbaum, I would guive cleveland a 2nd and Kellen for Quinn. No Brainer. JETS better be on the phone.

Token Black Girl, have you seen Quinn play? Have you seen his stat sheet? Have you ever watched Ryan Leaf,Tim Couch,Rick Mirer? I like Ratliff, but to me Kellen Clemens is Joe Namath next to Brady Quinn, Brady Quinn is horrible. Horrible!!!!!! He will NOT start this year, that's a guarantee(well, they have Mangini,so 99%)

I would give a second and Kellen for Edwards and get me a top ten back whose 2008 injury last year will let him fall right into our lap, I'm talking a healthy Beenie Wells.

There seems to be an idea in this thread that the Browns will reduce their demand for a first round choice for Brady Quinn if we give them a second rounder and Kellen Clemens.

This reasoning presupposes that Clemens is actually worth at least a second rounder when put on the trading block. Actually, I'm not sure too many teams would give up a first round draft choice for two second round draft choices, but for the sake of argument, let's just say it has happened-one first rounder for two second rounders.

What gives anyone the idea that Kellen Clemens would command a second round draft choice from anyone if we traded him? He was unheralded when we got him-nobody was even talking about him. We drafted two players plus a package of low round picks in the 2006 draft before we finally got around to taking Clemens. He started 8 games for a bad 2007 Jets team and did badly. He lost the competition the next year to Pennington and got outshone in the preseason by an undrafted free agent. His value on the market, to be charitable, might be a sixth rounder. To be charitable. And a second rounder and sixth rounder do not equal a first rounder in a trade.

Who knows, the extra two years since he last played in a game might have matured Clemens and perhaps he's rounded out into a good QB. It can happen. But until he shows that on the field, his trade value is marginal to nonexistent-he can't come close to making a team reduce it's demand for a first rounder down to a second rounder plus Clemens.

Token Black Girl, have you seen Quinn play? Have you seen his stat sheet? Have you ever watched Ryan Leaf,Tim Couch,Rick Mirer? I like Ratliff, but to me Kellen Clemens is Joe Namath next to Brady Quinn, Brady Quinn is horrible. Horrible!!!!!! He will NOT start this year, that's a guarantee(well, they have Mangini,so 99%)

I would give a second and Kellen for Edwards and get me a top ten back whose 2008 injury last year will let him fall right into our lap, I'm talking a healthy Beenie Wells.

Have YOU ever watched Quinn play? Do you understand the stats you are basing your opinion on? Do you also understand that Browns receivers couldn't catch a cold last year?>

If you really think Quinn was bad, never mind the fact that he was phenomenal in his first NFL start in a loss to Denver (best QB play the Browns got last year by a very wide margin,) wait until you see Brett Ratliff play against actual NFL level competition.

You really need to get a clue as to what a good QB is.

Have YOU ever watched Quinn play? Do you understand the stats you are basing your opinion on? Do you also understand that Browns receivers couldn't catch a cold last year?>

If you really think Quinn was bad, never mind the fact that he was phenomenal in his first NFL start in a loss to Denver (best QB play the Browns got last year by a very wide margin,) wait until you see Brett Ratliff play against actual NFL level competition.

You really need to get a clue as to what a good QB is.

Save it. This is coming from the guy interested in Seneca Wallace.

You and I both know how talented Brady Quinn is and that he is going to be a solid QB in the NFL for quite sometime.

Archived