Yankees vs. Rays @ Tropicana Field

Morrissey

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'm listening to Michael Kay. I know people don't like him but he knows the Yankees, I haven't SEEN Wang pitch yet but he's saying his sinker has lost 6 MPH???

Where did Kay get that information? If it's true, Wang's in trouble. Why would he lose that much velocity off a foot injury? Six MHP is huge to lose.

So I'm listening to Michael Kay. I know people don't like him but he knows the Yankees, I haven't SEEN Wang pitch yet but he's saying his sinker has lost 6 MPH???

He probably got his infortmation from the YES gun, which is awful, but when you're mechanics are off your velocity will be effected.

He probably got his infortmation from the YES gun, which is awful, but when you're mechanics are off your velocity will be effected.

I dunno man... I'm sure he knows it's awful but it's still concerning to lose that much speed. Granted Kay is an idiot 90% of the time but it's something that is a little shocking. He did say it could be something as simple as arm strength... but he did bring up something that Wang has had shoulder troubles in the past. That's the alarming thing. Anyways I'm hoping it's a FIXABLE thing, not a health thing. He looked like Kei Igawa on the mound.

Edit: Kay is an idiot 98% of the time. He's making a big issue out of Swishers attitude on the mound. PLEASE. This is they type of stuffiness that has infected this team.

I dunno man... I'm sure he knows it's awful but it's still concerning to lose that much speed. Granted Kay is an idiot 90% of the time but it's something that is a little shocking. He did say it could be something as simple as arm strength... but he did bring up something that Wang has had shoulder troubles in the past. That's the alarming thing. Anyways I'm hoping it's a FIXABLE thing, not a health thing. He looked like Kei Igawa on the mound.

Edit: Kay is an idiot 98% of the time. He's making a big issue out of Swishers attitude on the mound. PLEASE. This is they type of stuffiness that has infected this team.

Here's the reality: If it really is 6 MPH, it won't be fixed because there is something seriously wrong. Outside of a significant injury, that kind of velocity is not lost in a year, especially in a young player like Wang. Imagine your best fireballer going from 94 to 88 MPH. Scary.

Here's the reality: If it really is 6 MPH, it won't be fixed because there is something seriously wrong. Outside of a significant injury, that kind of velocity is not lost in a year, especially in a young player like Wang. Imagine your best fireballer going from 94 to 88 MPH. Scary.

That's what I'm afraid of. It's something with his arm or the way he's pushing off the mound that has his money pitch becoming a average pitch.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, and I am so horribly wrong that Wang is bad, because it's fun watching a Yankee pitcher get knocked out of the game after 1 inning, against a team that is built on pitching, and only has a couple of good hitters.

Your just wrong with each and every thing you say huh? Wang has been a really good pitcher in the Majors...What? He won like 19 games two years in a row or something like that? When this guy gets the ball down...He's a hard pitcher to hit against and just because Wang has got rocked his 1st two starts, doesn't make him a bad pitcher because in MY EYES...He's a proven winner.

And we all know that the Rays have one of the best if not the best starting rotation in the Majors with Kazmir, Shields, Garza, Sonnanstine, and David Price will be making his way into the rotation really soon. Kazmir is the youngest of the rotation and Shields is the oldest @ only like 27 years of age so this rotation should be elite for YEARS to come.

But your DEAD wrong when you say something like... "The Rays only have a couple of good hitters." Are you kidding me? Just look @ the 1-5 part of the lineup...It's full of speed, power, potential and talent with B.J Upton, Crawford, Longoria, Carlos Pena and now Pat Burrell... Then we have Navarro who I think led all Catchers in batting average last year and made the A.S team. What about Aki as our 8th man in the lineup? Aki can do it all as far as getting on base.

This Rays lineup can put up 7+ runs in just about every game, they are explosive and they can make things happen with speed alone with players like Bartlett, Aki, Upton, Crawford...The fastest team in the Majors if you ask me. Players such as Longo, Pena, Upton and Burrell can all smash a good 30+ HR's each and every year also.

Only a couple of good hitters? The whole lineup just about is stacked

Your just wrong with each and every thing you say huh? Wang has been a really good pitcher in the Majors...What? He won like 19 games two years in a row or something like that? When this guy gets the ball down...He's a hard pitcher to hit against and just because Wang has got rocked his 1st two starts, doesn't make him a bad pitcher because in MY EYES...He's a proven winner.

And we all know that the Rays have one of the best if not the best starting rotation in the Majors with Kazmir, Shields, Garza, Sonnanstine, and David Price will be making his way into the rotation really soon. Kazmir is the youngest of the rotation and Shields is the oldest @ only like 27 years of age so this rotation should be elite for YEARS to come.

But your DEAD wrong when you say something like... "The Rays only have a couple of good hitters." Are you kidding me? Just look @ the 1-5 part of the lineup...It's full of speed, power, potential and talent with B.J Upton, Crawford, Longoria, Carlos Pena and now Pat Burrell... Then we have Navarro who I think led all Catchers in batting average last year and made the A.S team. What about Aki as our 8th man in the lineup? Aki can do it all as far as getting on base.

This Rays lineup can put up 7+ runs in just about every game, they are explosive and they can make things happen with speed alone with players like Bartlett, Aki, Upton, Crawford...The fastest team in the Majors if you ask me. Players such as Longo, Pena, Upton and Burrell can all smash a good 30+ HR's each and every year also.

Only a couple of good hitters? The whole lineup just about is stacked

Dude, what makes you think I am going to read any of this? Why would I read anything a Floridian baseball fan thinks? Your lineup isn't crap? Really then why did Nick Swisher strike out one of your teams batters?

YANKEES

1. Gardner CF
  2. Jeter SS
  3. Teixeira 1B
  4. Swisher LF
  5. Posada DH
  6. Cano 2B
  7. Nady RF
  8. Pena 3B
  9. Molina C

RHP A.J. Burnett

RAYS

1. Upton CF
  2. Crawford LF
  3. Longoria 3B
  4. Pena 1B
  5. Burrell DH
  6. Navarro C
  7. Zobrist RF
  8. Iwamura 2B
  9. Bartlett SS

RHP Matt Garza

I would take the Rays lineup over the Yankees any day of the week...

Upton over Gardner in a split second.

Crawford is more of a game changer than Jeter who is getting up there in age.

Longoria (Who has MVP Potential and Talent) Over Tex

Pena over Swisher any day of the week (See that Grand Slam?)

Burrell over Posada in the 5 Hole...Posada cant throw runners out and he's really old.

I'll give the Yankees Cano over Navarro as far as batting talent goes.

I'll also give the Yankees Nady over Zobrist

Iwamura over Pena is the 8 hole in a split second...Aki is a superstar outta Japan

And Bartlett over Molina any day of the week...Bartlett is the perfect player for the 9 hole because having Bartlett @ #9 is like having a 2nd leadoff hitter for the lineup

Your lineup isn't crap? Really then why did Nick Swisher strike out one of your teams batters?

The damage was ALREADY done guy...How many runs did the Rays score last night? Was it over 10? Was it over 12? Was it over 14? :cheers:

How many runs did we score the game before? :cheers:

What team just took 2 of 3 from Boston...On the Road? :cheers:

I would take this Rays lineup who is full of speed, power and patience over any lineup in the league.

The damage was ALREADY done guy...How many runs did the Rays score last night? Was it over 10? Was it over 12? Was it over 14? :cheers:

How many runs did we score the game before? :cheers:

What team just took 2 of 3 from Boston...On the Road? :cheers:

I would take this Rays lineup who is full of speed, power and patience over any lineup in the league.

Give me all your vcash and I'll be nice to you.

I can't wait for this series to be over, so I don't have to hear this guy anymore...

I'll be here all year...Just ask theganggreen Yankee and Red Sox fans...They hated me all last year because I believed in the Rays when no1 else would.

The truth hurts and as of right now...The Rays are the class of the AL East and you can hate all you want because I love it.

I'll even be here when the Rays are in the playoffs and the Yankees are watching from home once again.

Archived