Soo....anyone been to Kilimanjaro?

TaborJet

As some of you may know, I just recently booked a trip to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro next January. I was wondering if anyone here has either completed the climb, or perhaps flown into Tanzania for other reasons (safari).

Funny that 124 mentioned to me that I would miss the playoffs next January. I will be gone for 1 1/2 weeks, but will the Jets even be there?

As some of you may know, I just recently booked a trip to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro next January. I was wondering if anyone here has either completed the climb, or perhaps flown into Tanzania for other reasons (safari).

Funny that 124 mentioned to me that I would miss the playoffs next January. I will be gone for 1 1/2 weeks, but will the Jets even be there?

Sounds like a great trip. I'd love to go there one day and attempt to summit Kilimanjaro. I've only heard good things about tours to Tanzania and Kenya.

What are you going to climb to get ready for this adventure?

My son and I were planning on going there in 2011, before the glaciers melt, if the economy picks up and permits it . Daughter #2 went with her college group and spent 8 weeks there (Tanzania) in 2007. Please feel free to PM me Tabor if you need any details on Tanzania. Best of luck to you. 7 different climate zones during your climb and as you probably know there less than half the oxygen at 19,000 feet than there is New Jersey. Taking 1 1/2 weeks doesn't leave you with a hell of a lot of time to adjust to the altitude gains. Read all you can about AMS before hand. Again best of luck.

My son and I were planning on going there in 2011, before the glaciers melt, if the economy picks up and permits it . Daughter #2 went with her college group and spent 8 weeks there (Tanzania) in 2007. Please feel free to PM me Tabor if you need any details on Tanzania. Best of luck to you. 7 different climate zones during your climb and as you probably know there less than half the oxygen at 19,000 feet than there is New Jersey. Taking 1 1/2 weeks doesn't leave you with a hell of a lot of time to adjust to the altitude gains. Read all you can about AMS before hand. Again best of luck.

That's scary. I mean, who thinks of Jersey as an oxygen rich kinda place?

My friend Bob Holdsworth help me climb it in 2004. This site is a good reference, he recommended it to me awhile back:

http://www.mtkilimanjarologue.com/

Good luck and as they say in the biz happy climbing.

wow,,,that looks like a blast..

I am gonna tell the wife we should do that ..

thanks!!!!!!!

its funny you bring this up.. because i just heard on the radio this morning that Justin Timberlake and Lupe Fiasco are going over to Kenya to try and climb that Mountain as well...

is this the lastest thing in extreme vacations or something??

A bunch of Z-list celebs over here went and climbed it a few weeks ago. Seems to be the in thing, alright.

Archived