New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

NYJetsLogo.gif

Welcome to the New York Jets locker room!

Everything seemed to be going great. The team had a new head coach everyone has gotten behind and a roster which gets stronger with talent each and every year, both young and veteran. With a new stadium opening on the horizon, New York Jets owner Woody Johnson is putting it all on the line and wants to turn the Jets into a top flight organization.

However, there's one problem. Woody has learned that his locker room has been infiltrated. A number of rival NFL superstars have invaded the Jets are hoping to destroy the team from the inside out. With billions of dollars on the line and PSLs to sell for a new stadium, Woody has no plans to risk things any further. Woody is going to act decisively and plans to eliminate the rival superstars as quickly as possible before they tear his team apart.

Each day, Woody will allow his best players to come to a decision on who they think is working against the team, and Woody will cut them on the spot. Its up to you Jets players, hunt down these rival superstars before its too late and the Jets best players have all been eliminated.

The New York Jets win when all rival superstars have been eliminated from the team.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roles have been sent out : Please check in here and do not vote until everyone checks in

RULES:

NEW RULE: Absolutely NO out-of-thread communications may be either entirely or partially quoted, screen-capped or in any other way directly provided within the game thread (summaries of PMs for purposes of role reveals is allowed, however).

Format: We will be running a normal mafia format with lynches during the day and night actions during the night. Night will end when I receive all night actions – so if you have a night action available but choose not to use it, please PM me to tell me “no Night Action”.

Phase: A phase is either Day or Night (in most cases), where Days usually involved voting for lynches and Nights usually involve submitting night actions, such as Night Kills. There are some powers that can only be used during the Day phase, and some can be used during both Day and Night phases.

Cycle: A complete Day and Night cycle, like Day 1 and Night 1 together make up a complete cycle. Some powers last for a complete cycle while others only for that particular phase.

Actions: All Day and Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow) . Any action not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit for that phase and I will only accept the first action submitted. Once you send in your action, that’s it! (No take backs!) So be sure of your decision! I'm here to talk it through if you need help. I will keep the Night phases open until deadline unless I receive all potential actions available for that phase, but will close the Day when a majority has been reached even if people have unused Day Actions. If you do not wish to use your action during a particular phase, please send me a PM stating that your intention to not use it so that I can cross you off the list.

Day Actions: Read your Role Assignment carefully! You may have an available action that can be performed during the Day phase. If you have any questions about your powers and abilities, don't hesitate to ask me about it.

Night Actions: These are actions that can only be submitted during the night phase. Most night actions should specifically state that it can only be used each night, but if you have any questions about this, please contact me immediately.

Communication: You are not allowed to communicate about this game to anyone outside this game thread, unless specifically authorized.

Inactivity: There is no official penalty for inactivity; however, any good mafia player knows that the less active the player, the more likely they are to be the next on the chopping block. So do your part to participate, you will not regret it. If you drop off entirely, or need to, let me know and I will try to replace you if at all possible. Some of you I have already spoken with about this, so if you suddenly find yourself unable to keep up, simply notify me and we can work something out.

Dead Player Posts: FORBIDDEN! If your player dies, you get one death reaction post that cannot contain any game information other than an ACK! I DIED!!! GO INNOCENTS or something.

Editing Posts: Absolutely Forbidden. If you want to change something you said, quote yourself and correct it – but this is like high school. Once you post something on the thread, it goes on your permanent record.

Quoting the Mod/Revealing Mod Pics: You may not quote anything I say in PM. You can paraphrase all you like – or lie about it, of course – but you may not post a “quote” from me in an attempt to prove your bona fides

Invisibility: It is not a requirement, but is to your advantage to use invisible mode.

Roster:

1. CTM (Mike Tannenbaum) - Suspended, Night Five

2. EY (Chad Pennington) - Cut, Day Five

3. Doggin94it (Jerricho Cotchery) - Suspended, Night Three

4. slats (Leon Washington) - Suspended, Night Four

5. Jets Babe (Thomas Jones) - Cut, Day One

6. Dan X (Nick Mangold) - Suspended, Night Two

7. Jets Voice of Reason (Jason Taylor) - Benched, Night One

8. WoodyPaige (Shaun Ellis) - Cut, Day Three

9. SMC

10. JiF (Kris Jenkins) - Suspended, Night One

11. Vicious89x

12. Jets Things

13. Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof (Manny Collins) - Benched, Night Four

14. Sharrow (David Harris) - Benched, Night Two

15. AVM ("Hollywood" Kerry Rhodes) - Cut, Day Two

16. Pac2566 (Tom BradY) - Benched, Night Five

Speaking of ravaging buttholes, won't JiF be lonely without Crusher? I thought he was playing?

It will be difficult but I should be able to maintain. He was playing with my emotions last game. We are taking some time off. It was moving a little too fast for my liking.

He's still a flaming homo.

FoS- JiF. For being gay and that meaning he might be tom brady who likes teh peniz

ih8u, gfy, gth, ead, esad. What Crusher and I have are

Checking in. What what in the butt!!

Is that a Samwell reference? There is a really creepy picture of that guy in my office. One of the girls is totally obsessed with that video, she thinks its the funniest thing ever, so somebody made a collage of stills and framed it for her.

Whoever is a patriot should automatically give themselves up... if you're a true fan.

What makes you think there are patriots in the house? Mr. Wilfork? Is that you? If so, you may want to watch out for JiF. He's been eyeing your wife for a while now.

BTW, Role reveals SHOULD NOT include the player name you were given as 'flavor' - that's exactly the type of out of game confirming data not allowed.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear - and anyone who does it, townie or scum, should be mod killed.

Is that a Samwell reference? There is a really creepy picture of that guy in my office. One of the girls is totally obsessed with that video, she thinks its the funniest thing ever, so somebody made a collage of stills and framed it for her.

Who the F is Samwell? No, I was referencing Butters from South Park.

What makes you think there are patriots in the house? Mr. Wilfork? Is that you? If so, you may want to watch out for JiF. He's been eyeing your wife for a while now.

BTW, Role reveals SHOULD NOT include the player name you were given as 'flavor' - that's exactly the type of out of game confirming data not allowed.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear - and anyone who does it, townie or scum, should be mod killed.

Lighten up, Braylon. :rolleyes:

Just because I like a little Asian mix in my women doesnt mean I want Vic's wife...but lets just say I do have a couple of the pics he has posted saved to my hard drive. But thats got nothing to do with this game.

Who the F is Samwell? No, I was referencing Butters from South Park.

LOL!!! Have you never seen where South Park got that from...the orginal version of that song??? Its distrubing.

It will be difficult but I should be able to maintain. He was playing with my emotions last game. We are taking some time off. It was moving a little too fast for my liking.

ih8u, gfy, gth, ead, esad. What Crusher and I have are

Sorry guys. One of the girls who works for me was involved in a severe car accident. She's a single mom(no local family) so my wife and are helping her out while she is in the hospital. In a week or so things should ease up.

Set up look great, Pacs a Dick, JiF is hot, and the rest of you good luck.

Sorry guys. One of the girls who works for me was involved in a severe car accident. She's a single mom(no local family) so my wife and are helping her out while she is in the hospital. In a week or so things should ease up.

Set up look great, Pacs a Dick, JiF is hot, and the rest of you good luck.

Sorry to hear that, hope all goes well with her.

Mod confirmation on this? Speaking from strictly academic purposes, role names are 1 thing I think would be good to allow as it helps catch a fake claim but also allows scum to hide better if they do a good job making something up. i.e. the screech claim that helped finish off lil Mick and the Peter Peterelli claim that saved Jets Things in game 1. I didn't see anything wrong with either...

imo, the problems are 2 fold 1) Screenshots for obvious reasons and 2) if roleless townies all got the same email and that had flavor text like last game.

Archived