New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Yep, that too.

Chances are that CTM would either protect himself (because he's a selfish prick) or Vicious because he has a role. I was a roleless townie and would have been the shot.

It gets complicated. You have to gauge what the other person thinks you will do. My answer would've been different for EY and Jets Things..

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think my favorite part was watching everyone go in circles over all of the tricks they were sure I embedded into this game. Yet outside of the addition of the symp, it was a fairly basic game.

Funny thing is, the initial layout of the game I had planned was going to be ridiculously complex. It involved all sorts of different requirements / restrictions, there was going to be player re-signings, it was going to be absolutely insane. But after thinking it through some I decided to just cut it down and make it a simpler game setup. It was funny too, because I already had the PMs setup when I started making those changes and when I sent everything out there was still hints of some of the initial plans in there that I had a lot of people asking me questions about any additional roles or restrictions they might have. :P

And on my role, I was like WTF?

In the role PM, you said I was the team's "best player" and have to use my "exceptional ability to read other players" but I had absolutely no special powers to do that.

I think my favorite part was watching everyone go in circles over all of the tricks they were sure I embedded into this game. Yet outside of the addition of the symp, it was a fairly basic game.

Funny thing is, the initial layout of the game I had planned was going to be ridiculously complex. It involved all sorts of different requirements / restrictions, there was going to be player re-signings, it was going to be absolutely insane. But after thinking it through some I decided to just cut it down and make it a simpler game setup. It was funny too, because I already had the PMs setup when I started making those changes and when I sent everything out there was still hints of some of the initial plans in there that I had a lot of people asking me questions about any additional roles or restrictions they might have. :P

I have to admit that my belief that you would try and top the twists that were in the previous games is what made me willing to believe 2 cops :D

Had you said this was a vanilla game this would've went much smoother. :D

Sorry about the Emmy loss, EY.

Thanks.

No big deal, we lost to 24/7, just as I expected.

It's a good show, but it's an infomercial for a PPV fight.

Oh well, I can tell you right now that if I get on this HBO Doc at the end of the year on the Negro Leagues, I'll win one for that. The Emmys love documentaries on minorities.

Yep. But just like poker - just because you won the hand doesn't mean that what you did to get there made much sense.

By leaving both of you alive, the town essentially went all-in on a 2-6 offsuit. The fact that the flop came up 3-4-5 doesn't change that it was the wrong play

And it doesn't change the fact that we still won. Sometimes the 2-6 ends up being the right call. At least that's the way I play poker :)

It gets complicated. You have to gauge what the other person thinks you will do. My answer would've been different for EY and Jets Things..

If I thought about it, I'd have gone SMC.

I was honestly leaning towards pulling a name out of a hat, to avoid overthinking or falling into any traps.

Thanks.

No big deal, we lost to 24/7, just as I expected.

It's a good show, but it's an infomercial for a PPV fight.

Oh well, I can tell you right now that if I get on this HBO Doc at the end of the year on the Negro Leagues, I'll win one for that. The Emmys love documentaries on minorities.

Shame on the loss. Good luck on the next documentary..

I have to admit that my belief that you would try and top the twists that were in the previous games is what made me willing to believe 2 cops :D

Had you said this was a vanilla game this would've went much smoother. :D

Oh yeah, like you ****ers would've believed me. Remember when EY was telling us all about his "vanilla game"?

Hell, as it is nobody believed me that the roles were randomly assigned. Once the mafia found out who you were, even EY didn't believe me. His question to me was that it just happened to randomly come out that you were the Doc AND he was not only mafia, but Chad? But its true.

And on a side note, when I did the random draw and EY came up as Chad, I laughed to myself for a solid 5 minutes. :biggrin:

Shame on the loss. Good luck on the next documentary..

Thanks, it's a long way away, so it's still not set in stone 1, to happen, and 2, for me to be on it, but the job would take me up to grad school which would be excellent.

Oh yeah, like you ****ers would've believed me. Remember when EY was telling us all about his "vanilla game"?

Hell, as it is nobody believed me that the roles were randomly assigned. Once the mafia found out who you were, even EY didn't believe me. His question to me was that it just happened to randomly come out that you were the Doc AND he was not only mafia, but Chad? But its true.

And on a side note, when I did the random draw and EY came up as Chad, I laughed to myself for a solid 5 minutes. :biggrin:

I said, 'oh yeah, this is random'.

Then, when I found CTM as Doc, I said, 'oh yeah, this is random. **** you'.

Thanks, it's a long way away, so it's still not set in stone 1, to happen, and 2, for me to be on it, but the job would take me up to grad school which would be excellent.

Awesome.. Hope you land it..

I honestly would've, and if you were lying I would've been pissed off :D

Haha! I mentioned that during the game. That the way BG chose to fcuk with us was by making the it a simple one. It worked.

Archived