New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Sorry guys. One of the girls who works for me was involved in a severe car accident. She's a single mom(no local family) so my wife and are helping her out while she is in the hospital. In a week or so things should ease up.

Set up look great, Pacs a Dick, JiF is hot, and the rest of you good luck.

That's mighty fine of you big guy... You'll be missed....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry guys. One of the girls who works for me was involved in a severe car accident. She's a single mom(no local family) so my wife and are helping her out while she is in the hospital. In a week or so things should ease up.

Hot and respectable!!! What a combo.

Best wishes,

Mod confirmation on this? Speaking from strictly academic purposes, role names are 1 thing I think would be good to allow as it helps catch a fake claim but also allows scum to hide better if they do a good job making something up. i.e. the screech claim that helped finish off lil Mick and the Peter Peterelli claim that saved Jets Things in game 1. I didn't see anything wrong with either...

imo, the problems are 2 fold 1) Screenshots for obvious reasons and 2) if roleless townies all got the same email and that had flavor text like last game.

Agreed.

What makes you think there are patriots in the house? Mr. Wilfork? Is that you? If so, you may want to watch out for JiF. He's been eyeing your wife for a while now.

BTW, Role reveals SHOULD NOT include the player name you were given as 'flavor' - that's exactly the type of out of game confirming data not allowed.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear - and anyone who does it, townie or scum, should be mod killed.

I defer your argument to my wife, who can play QB better then our QB situation.

Sorry to hear that, and you're a good guy for stepping up.

But dropping out of mafia? Where are your priorities?

Sorry to hear that, and you're a good guy for stepping up.

But dropping out of mafia? Where are your priorities?

She has a 4 and 6 years old to add to my 21,13,11,9, and 6 year old. So my typical 2 hours at night in front of the PC is going to be leaned out for now. Not to mention I have a temp at the office now that is less than stellar.

Besides I would have dropped out any way with Pac showing up. Last time you and I played Mafia with him the ownage was so great I sorta feel less then challenged with him here. :D

What makes you think there are patriots in the house? Mr. Wilfork? Is that you? If so, you may want to watch out for JiF. He's been eyeing your wife for a while now.

BTW, Role reveals SHOULD NOT include the player name you were given as 'flavor' - that's exactly the type of out of game confirming data not allowed.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear - and anyone who does it, townie or scum, should be mod killed.

Just because I like a little Asian mix in my women doesnt mean I want Vic's wife...but lets just say I do have a couple of the pics he has posted saved to my hard drive. But thats got nothing to do with this game.

No, I meant you were after Mrs. Wilfork

vince-wife.jpg

Just because I like a little Asian mix in my women doesnt mean I want Vic's wife...but lets just say I do have a couple of the pics he has posted saved to my hard drive. But thats got nothing to do with this game.

LOL!!! Have you never seen where South Park got that from...the orginal version of that song??? Its distrubing.

Listen. I'm only jealous because I wish the fapping was over me. My ego is bruised.

OK, since I have to duck out soon - vote: vicious until he explains his certainty that pats players are in the game or posts revealing pics of his wife

Lol. Um, because it said RIVAL PLAYERS and what other team would have their players INFILTRATE other teams to ruin them. Please see the below evidence:

Eric Mangini- Tortured Jets... now has moved onto the Browns

Josh McDaniels- Infiltrated Broncos, and before coaching a game got rid of their franchise QB

Matt Cassel- Now starting QB of the KC Chiefs and will keep them mired in sucktitude for many years to come

Romeo Crennel- Sucked it up on the Browns and is STILL EMPLOYED

Scott Pioli- Trading draft picks to the Patriots for Cassel and an aging LB

It's clear the Patriots are the most obvious candidates. Them and the Dolphins, because they are as ghey as the patriots.

Lol. Um, because it said RIVAL PLAYERS and what other team would have their players INFILTRATE other teams to ruin them. Please see the below evidence:

Josh McDaniels- Infiltrated Broncos, and before coaching a game got rid of their franchise QB

Matt Cassel- Now starting QB of the KC Chiefs and will keep them mired in sucktitude for many years to come

It's clear the Patriots are the most obvious candidates. Them and the Dolphins, because they are as ghey as the patriots.

I was thinking it would be more along the lines of guys that have made a name for themselves making waves in locker rooms...but then it would basically be limited to WR's. ;)

Don't forget Pennington. We must be cautious. Who knows what kind of effect a noodle-arm ability could have on this game.

I was thinking it would be more along the lines of guys that have made a name for themselves making waves in locker rooms...but then it would basically be limited to WR's. ;)

That or coaches.

Don't forget Pennington. We must be cautious. Who knows what kind of effect a noodle-arm ability could have on this game.

O NOEZ GHOSTS OF SUCKNESS PAST

Crap, a cogent explanation. I was hoping you'd choose door number 2 :biggrin:

Herm Edwards? Doug Brien?

Mod confirmation on this? Speaking from strictly academic purposes, role names are 1 thing I think would be good to allow as it helps catch a fake claim but also allows scum to hide better if they do a good job making something up. i.e. the screech claim that helped finish off lil Mick and the Peter Peterelli claim that saved Jets Things in game 1. I didn't see anything wrong with either...

imo, the problems are 2 fold 1) Screenshots for obvious reasons and 2) if roleless townies all got the same email and that had flavor text like last game.

I'm actually fine with revealing names unless anyone gives me a compelling argument to ban it. As you said, there were examples in the past where it wasn't an issue. Simply stating "I am ______" only gets you so far, as you still have to take that player for their word on that. But like I said, if anyone can give me a compelling reason why that's unfair, then I wouldn't have a problem changing my mind on that.

vote WoodyPaige

I always think he's scum so I'd prefer to pressure him right from the get go and see if he cracks..

It wouldn't be because he has "ACTMM" under his username, now would it?

I'm actually fine with revealing names unless anyone gives me a compelling argument to ban it. As you said, there were examples in the past where it wasn't an issue. Simply stating "I am ______" only gets you so far, as you still have to take that player for their word on that. But like I said, if anyone can give me a compelling reason why that's unfair, then I wouldn't have a problem changing my mind on that.

I think the real issue was roleless townies receiving flavor in their PM and it being the same for all of them. This lead to them proving themselves with the use of certain keywords..

If someone is Gene Upshaw and he can protect a player from being cut everyday, I don't think it hurts to allow that to be said or faked... It makes it more interesting to try and vett the claim..."Does it make sense within the current game constructs?"

I think the real issue was roleless townies receiving flavor in their PM and it being the same for all of them. This lead to them proving themselves with the use of certain keywords..

If someone is Gene Upshaw and he can protect a player from being cut everyday, I don't think it hurts to allow that to be said or faked... It makes it more interesting to try and vett the claim..."Does it make sense within the current game constructs?"

I concur. Especially in this game where real names are used. It's not as if someone can invent a name like in the previous games. With real names, it's essentially irrelevant when used if revealed or faked because the infiltrators can just look at the roster.

Archived