Penny's Shoulder & 2005 Season. - Am I the only one worr

I've been holding this back for weeks now and it's time to get it off my chest. Not trying to be my usual pessimistic self, but in bewteen Super Bowl talk, am I the only one worried about Penny's shoulder healing?

I've mentioned it before. I had a fricken scope in Augist and my shoulder still hurts. Penny had full blown surgery, to include a repair to the labrum. That is some serious crap folks.

I'm calling it right now. Chad will be lucky to go by the preseason. He'll be very lucky in fact.

So where will this lead us? A QB who will be out a minimum, most of training camp and possibly the preseason, trying to implement a new offense with a OC he hasn't worked with.

The Jets need a good backup. Someone they can trust to be a spot starter. Because I'm not buying the 'Chad will be back in time" hype. My constant shoulder pain as I write this refuses to allow me to do it.

GoB, I'm petrified that Chad is going to miss time in training camp. Anyone who believes the Jets about this whole thing is conveniently forgetting that they've been lying about Chad's shoulder from Day One on this.

If Chad misses one split second of game action because of his shoulder because they played him at half-strength to save Herm's balls, I will seriously consider weeping in public. As for veteran back-ups, I don't know if I could stomach seeing Jay Fiedler here. An interesting choice could be, if Chad is damaged goods, Steve McNair. The scuttlebutt is that he hated Heimerdinger, but you'd have to think if McNair is choosing between retiring (instead of playing for dead-in-the-water Tennessee) or playing for a team that has a legit shot, what better place to finish it out than with the Jets?

• Upvote 2

I am worried about it to a point because of the limited time Chad will have to learn Dinger's new offense and actually get to practice it. That might incrase his time in the Pre-Season games which could also increase a risk of him being hurt in the Pre-Season. If we are not going to bring back Quincy Carter, which it looks like we arn't, we should really pursue Jay Fiedler who said he'd like to be Chad's back-up.

It all adds up to one big mess.

I think there is NO WAY Chad is ready for camp, not even close. Fiedler in a Jets uni scares me but there isn't anyone else out there who while decent, would be willing to be a "#2" when it came time.

Between that and the schedule it's looking a wee bit shaky

As for Herm I agree TS, they excuse was complete BS. I guarentee they knew it was torn from day one.

Homeboy, there is no doubt. They sold Chad a bill of goods about what he'd be capable of, and he went out there and basically embarrassed himself. He flashed some toughness against the Chargers, but I think that everyone except Marty Schottenheimer knew what the deal was and were able to take advantage of it. If I'm Chad, I don't let a Jet doctor lay a finger on me from this point on.

It all adds up to one big mess.

I think there is NO WAY Chad is ready for camp, not even close. Fiedler in a Jets uni scares me but there isn't anyone else out there who while decent, would be willing to be a "#2" when it came time.

Between that and the schedule it's looking a wee bit shaky

As for Herm I agree TS, they excuse was complete BS. I guarentee they knew it was torn from day one.

ok... i can't believe that i am going to say this...but i bet the patsies thought that when bledsoe went down... i am not ready to chuck the season even if chad is out... i have to be optimistic or it will be a LONG off and on season.

we need positive vibes....

ok... i can't believe that i am going to say this...but i bet the patsies thought that when bledsoe went down... i am not ready to chuck the season even if chad is out... i have to be optimistic or it will be a LONG off and on season.

we need positive vibes....

What are he chances of hitting the jackpot twice in one division??? Is Bollinger the next Brady? Fiedler (as mentioned in previous posts) is a possibility at back-up, but after years of proving that he is mediocre at best - he's no savior either. I guess what I am saying is that although I am NOT a huge Penny fan, if he goes down this year - the Jest are SCREWED.

Too bad Quincy's a junkie....

• 15 years later...
On 2/22/2005 at 11:55 PM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I've been holding this back for weeks now and it's time to get it off my chest. Not trying to be my usual pessimistic self, but in bewteen Super Bowl talk, am I the only one worried about Penny's shoulder healing?

I've mentioned it before. I had a fricken scope in Augist and my shoulder still hurts. Penny had full blown surgery, to include a repair to the labrum. That is some serious crap folks.

I'm calling it right now. Chad will be lucky to go by the preseason. He'll be very lucky in fact.

So where will this lead us? A QB who will be out a minimum, most of training camp and possibly the preseason, trying to implement a new offense with a OC he hasn't worked with.

The Jets need a good backup. Someone they can trust to be a spot starter. Because I'm not buying the 'Chad will be back in time" hype. My constant shoulder pain as I write this refuses to allow me to do it.

I'm from the future.  The guy is an egg.

• Thumb Down 1

On 2/23/2005 at 12:05 AM, TomShane said:

GoB, I'm petrified that Chad is going to miss time in training camp. Anyone who believes the Jets about this whole thing is conveniently forgetting that they've been lying about Chad's shoulder from Day One on this.

If Chad misses one split second of game action because of his shoulder because they played him at half-strength to save Herm's balls, I will seriously consider weeping in public. As for veteran back-ups, I don't know if I could stomach seeing Jay Fiedler here. An interesting choice could be, if Chad is damaged goods, Steve McNair. The scuttlebutt is that he hated Heimerdinger, but you'd have to think if McNair is choosing between retiring (instead of playing for dead-in-the-water Tennessee) or playing for a team that has a legit shot, what better place to finish it out than with the Jets?

Heimerdinger....dead.

McNair.....Dead.

Life is weird. 

9 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Dude wtf is wrong with you? Why you spamming the site with old unrelated threads? P0rnhub not working?

Oh man, please accept my sincerest apology!  There have been so many great threads over the past week or so and I'm sure my spamming has made it extremely difficult for you to follow the legitimate football discussions going on around here.  As part of my penance, let me catch you up on everything that you might have missed:

-The Patriots were caught cheating again

-Jamal Adams is acting like a d-ck

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I was in high school when this was posted.

• Haha 2

On 2/22/2005 at 10:05 PM, TomShane said:

At first I was afraid, I was petrified

Kept thinking we could never live without Chad by our side

But then I spent so many games thinking how he did us wrong

And I grew strong

And I learned how to get along.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

At first I was afraid, I was petrified

Kept thinking we could never live without Chad by our side

But then I spent so many games thinking how he did us wrong

And I grew strong

And I learned how to get along.

FatManWriting: Washington Redskins QB Colt McCoy is the Real Life ...

've been holding this back for weeks now and it's time to get it off my chest. Not trying to be my usual pessimistic self, but in bewteen Super Bowl talk, am I the only one worried about Penny's shoulder healing?

SAR:

It's me again, from the future.  Pennington is not the answer.  The sooner he is shown the door the better.  Double-down on Pennington being a dud and start talking up Brett Favre.  Trust me on this one.

Oh, and when you hear about this thing called Bitcoin in a few years, mine about $20,000 worth, sit on it, and sell it prior to August 2018.

SAR I

• Haha 1