Sign in to follow this  
Jetfan13

I know its after only 7 games but:

What the hell are you talking about? Alex Rodriguez was a great shortstop when he moved in 3B. You are totally lost.

When he moved to third base, he was horrible there, I guess that doesn't mean he was the best then, because he sucked at a certain position. Like I said, that's basically what you're saying.

When he moved to third base, he was horrible there, I guess that doesn't mean he was the best then, because he sucked at a certain position. Like I said, that's basically what you're saying.

You're kidding right? He was getting acclimated to a new position, and has been an above average third basemen since.

WOW, am I the only one dumbfounded by what this kid is saying? You got to be joking.

Edited by Tyler Durden

Even though Boston won a championship with Beckett, and Lowell, I still think they're going to eventually regret trading Hanley Ramirez away.

Not a chance, I'd trade 2 Hanley Ramirez's if it guaranteed me a championship.

I would say that Jason Bartlett is the best defensive SS in the AL East, Bartlett and Aki turn some of the best Double Plays in the majors but I wont lie, Jeter is still the best all around SS in the AL East, hands down...I've never seen a player as clutch as Jeter behind the plate and what he lacks on the defensive side of the ball...He makes up for it with his bat

I would say that Jason Bartlett is the best defensive SS in the AL East, Bartlett and Aki turn some of the best Double Plays in the majors but I wont lie, Jeter is still the best all around SS in the AL East, hands down...I've never seen a player as clutch as Jeter behind the plate and what he lacks on the defensive side of the ball...He makes up for it with his bat

John McDonald is better, though I'm not sure if he starts.

EDIT: Marco Scutaro does.

Edited by Tyler Durden

Nah, but it was just funny when you said the Marlins had the best starting rotation in the league, funny as hell.

Rays, Yankees and Red Sox all have a better starting rotation with more talent than the Marlins. Marlins would have the 4th best rotation in the AL East.

Josh Johnson is probably as good as any Ray's pitcher. Same for Nolasco while Volstad is on his way as well.

After we take this game today from the Yankees...The Rays will be 4-2 against the Red Sox and Yankees. No way we miss the playoffs, no way. Our bullpen is also really good.

Oops.

Make that 4-5 against division opponents...

:D

Is there any point to this? I mean, at this point in his career, Jeter would be the 4th best all-around SS in the NL East (and Bartlett would easily be the worst), but who cares?

Josh Johnson is probably as good as any Ray's pitcher. Same for Nolasco while Volstad is on his way as well.

Wrong, wrong, and very wrong IMO. Johnson and Nolasco are good young pitchers, but Shields and Kazmir are clearly better right now. Garza is their equal more than the other two.

As far as Volstad, he doesn't miss enough bats to ever become an elite pitcher, since he's not the extreme groundball pitcher last year's results suggest he is. His peripherals don't back his performance last year, so there will eventually be some regression toward the mean.

You're kidding right? He was getting acclimated to a new position, and has been an above average third basemen since.

WOW, am I the only one dumbfounded by what this kid is saying? You got to be joking.

Are we not allowed to have different opinions on stuff? You need to grow up, and realize people wont have the same opinion as you on everything.

• Upvote 1

Are we not allowed to have different opinions on stuff? You need to grow up, and realize people wont have the same opinion as you on everything.

An opinion is blue is the nicest color, you're opinion CAN'T be A-Rod was a below average fielding short stop... because that's asinine. It's like me saying, in my opinion Johan Santana is a bad pitcher. If I said that, you have every right to call me out on it.

Edited by Tyler Durden

lets get back on track..Marlins are now 8-1, best record in baseball and just swept the Braves in a 3 game series for the 1st time EVER...Josh Johnson NL pitcher of the week..live with it

and you guys who live up north bad mouthing Ramirez? You have no idea...watch him everyday, then your opinion might actually mean something

and you guys who live up north bad mouthing Ramirez? You have no idea...watch him everyday, then your opinion might actually mean something

Saying that he's not the best player in baseball and is a below average defensive SS is not "bad mouthing" him... it's simply being truthful.

Wrong, wrong, and very wrong IMO. Johnson and Nolasco are good young pitchers, but Shields and Kazmir are clearly better right now. Garza is their equal more than the other two.

As far as Volstad, he doesn't miss enough bats to ever become an elite pitcher, since he's not the extreme groundball pitcher last year's results suggest he is. His peripherals don't back his performance last year, so there will eventually be some regression toward the mean.

We'll see as the season progresses.