Yankees vs. Indians @ Yankee Stadium (Home Opener/New Yankee Stadium debut)

Morrissey

Another place they have came out of is Texas (Palmeiro, A-Rod, Pudge, Brown, Gonzalez, Sierra, Segui, Velarde, ect) who the Yankees played in ALDS in 3 of the 4 World Series runs in the 90s.

What the Brady Anderson and the O's? The yankees played them in the playoffs too.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the Brady Anderson and the O's? The yankees played them in the playoffs too.

Baltimore has there share of users as well (Anderson, Larry Bigbie, Jay Gibbons, Jerry Hairston, Gary Matthews, Jr., Kent Mercker, Brian Roberts, David Segui, Miguel Tejada, Rafeal Palmiero)

As far as I'm concerned that era was an equal playing field and every team had around the same percentage of steroid users. Thats just common sense.

You have no proof of that, but if it makes you realize your agenda better, so be it.

A pitcher has the greatest affect on a game, and Yankee pitchers were using.

You have no proof of that, but if it makes you realize your agenda better, so be it.

A pitcher has the greatest affect on a game, and Yankee pitchers were using.

You have no proof the Yankee starters used steroids in '96 and '98 (Jimmy Key, David Wells, Kenny Rogers, Dwight Gooden, David Cone, Andy Pettitte, or Orlando Hern

They got killed in 2 of the 4 games, and one of their wins the Indians also should have won (6-5 game), plus they were in this game until Ransom broke the game open.

Indians should of won? How?

Also, last time I checked 20-0 is the same as 1-0. A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. We won 2 games, the Indians won 2 games, what does it matter how much you won by? It's W on the win column, and a L on the loss column.

Indians should of won? How?

Also, last time I checked 20-0 is the same as 1-0. A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. We won 2 games, the Indians won 2 games, what does it matter how much you won by? It's W on the win column, and a L on the loss column.

So you think they've played well in these first 4 games at Yankee Stadium? The Indians had a 5-3 lead late in the game the Yanks won 6-5, and when it was 3-1 in today's game in the 7th inning the Indians could have broken the game open way before Jorge had his game changing shot in the bottom of the 7th. They haven't played well, the bright side is they're winning games they shouldn't, and winning the games you shouldn't is huge down the road.

So you think they've played well in these first 4 games at Yankee Stadium? The Indians had a 5-3 lead late in the game the Yanks won 6-5, and when it was 3-1 in today's game in the 7th inning the Indians could have broken the game open way before Jorge had his game changing shot in the bottom of the 7th. They haven't played well, the bright side is they're winning games they shouldn't, and winning the games you shouldn't is huge down the road.

I think they played well 2 of the games. You know, the one's they won. Starting pitching kept us in the game, bullpen was really good, and we got timely hitting, and won the ball games.

If we go by your standard, the Indians could of NOT scored 14 runs in that 1 inning, and they could of NOT scored 9 runs in the 7th inning on opening day, maybe we would have won those games :rolleyes:

I think they played well 2 of the games. You know, the one's they won. Starting pitching kept us in the game, bullpen was really good, and we got timely hitting, and won the ball games.

If we go by your standard, the Indians could of NOT scored 14 runs in that 1 inning, and they could of NOT scored 9 runs in the 7th inning on opening day, maybe we would have won those games :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with getting the 2 wins we did. We haven't played well all year, minus all of A.J.'s starts, all of Andy's, one of C.C.'s, and one of Joba's. That's 7 good starts out of 13. I don't really consider C.C.'s 5.2 IP, 5 Walk a good start, because he needs to get more length in his starts, he's the ace of the staff. We need better from him. The good thing is, when the games are close, the teams been hitting clutch, which is why we're still ahead of Boston, and Tampa.

I think the yankees played like crap in this series actually and they still won 2 of 4 games. Thats a good sign.

I think the yankees played like crap in this series actually and they still won 2 of 4 games. Thats a good sign.

Yeah, I like that too. They played horrible the entire series, and still found a way to split it. Winning the games you shouldn't win should help you in the future. It hasn't been pretty, but it's a lot better then losing the series.

We haven't really got it going yet, we've been inconsistent. New guys are still settling in, A-Rod is probably 2 weeks away from being back, and Wang has been god awful. Yet, we're still a game over 500.

Matsui may have turned the corner, that's good news. He's been getting on base and got a few solid hits.

Quite a bit innuendo there. Someone sounds spurned.

Again, I wouldn't doubt piazza used. That tarnishes himself, and unfortunately teh teams he played for.

This holds true for your Yankees then also

Scott --

It is ALL tarnished. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or just not paying attention. The entire sport is tarnished. You know what? I love baseball so much there is nothing I can do about it.

I have a hard time believing that Tino Martinez wasn't juicing in 1996. How did he hit over 40 home runs all of a sudden? Mike Piazza = juicer. Lenny Dykstra juiced the year he showed up to camp 20 plus pounds heavier, I forget the year, yes it was after '86.

But to act like anything is clean now is silly as well. HGH baby. They try to all ruin the game that we love. One day they will accomplish it but I am not there yet. Steroids were not limited to the Yankees or the Mets. This is the media capital so they get most of the attention though.

Archived