Yankees vs. Indians @ Yankee Stadium (Home Opener/New Yankee Stadium debut)

Morrissey

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually pulling for the Yankees to win this game, no matter how crazy that sounds. I mean, this past week...I've had a fun time talking trash with the whole Yankees vs Rays and to me...It's all fun and games, nothing personal.

My Grandfather and my older brother were always die hard Yankee fans and my bro had me watching Yankee games since about the age of 5 or 6...He taught me everything about the game of baseball and as a kid, I dont know...I just always liked the underdog and for some crazy reason I grew up a Cubs fan because of the WGN station here in FLoirda, I just got hooked watching players like Sammy Sosa and Ryne Sandberg was awsome @ 2nd base, but...Once I found out that the Rays (The City I live in...St.Pete) Once I found out they were getting a team, I started to focus less on the Cubs and more on the Rays...Then 1998 came and I went to the home opener and I think it was against the Jays...I fell in love with em from that day. I could care less that we had years and years of losing baseball with 100+ loses and you know why? Because I actually have a team to call "My Own" right here in St.Pete. I hate the Bucs-Love the Jets and thats because the Jets were always my team and when we moved to FLorida...The Bucs were already a team that I didnt like for some reason. Same goes for the Magic and Lightning...I'll ALWAYS be a die hard Jets, Knicks and Rays fan and I root for the Rangers even though I dont follow hockey all that much.

All in all, it's just great to have a team that plays in your city that you can call "YOUR OWN" And as far as the Yankees go..I cant stand em, but I wouldnt mind a win today followed by 50+ loses in a row. You Yankee fans (Just like my fam) are great fans and if anything...You all deserve to witness a W today

I'm actually pulling for the Yankees to win this game, no matter how crazy that sounds. I mean, this past week...I've had a fun time talking trash with the whole Yankees vs Rays and to me...It's all fun and games, nothing personal.

My Grandfather and my older brother were always die hard Yankee fans and my bro had me watching Yankee games since about the age of 5 or 6...He taught me everything about the game of baseball and as a kid, I dont know...I just always liked the underdog and for some crazy reason I grew up a Cubs fan because of the WGN station here in FLoirda, I just got hooked watching players like Sammy Sosa and Ryne Sandberg was awsome @ 2nd base, but...Once I found out that the Rays (The City I live in...St.Pete) Once I found out they were getting a team, I started to focus less on the Cubs and more on the Rays...Then 1998 came and I went to the home opener and I think it was against the Jays...I fell in love with em from that day. I could care less that we had years and years of losing baseball with 100+ loses and you know why? Because I actually have a team to call "My Own" right here in St.Pete. I hate the Bucs-Love the Jets and thats because the Jets were always my team and when we moved to FLorida...The Bucs were already a team that I didnt like for some reason. Same goes for the Magic and Lightning...I'll ALWAYS be a die hard Jets, Knicks and Rays fan and I root for the Rangers even though I dont follow hockey all that much.

All in all, it's just great to have a team that plays in your city that you can call "YOUR OWN" And as far as the Yankees go..I cant stand em, but I wouldnt mind a win today followed by 50+ loses in a row. You Yankee fans (Just like my fam) are great fans and if anything...You all deserve to witness a W today

I thought Posada couldn't throw out anyone to save his life?

That he is. But is that a testament to him or to the tribe?

Maybe I'm being dramatic. But I feel Jorge gets worse and worse behind the plate the older he gets.

Hard to say, but he's missing his spots, but the Indians really haven't hit anything really hard besides the catchers double.

And Jorge, threw out Sizemore stealing.

Hard to say, but he's missing his spots, but the Indians really haven't hit anything really hard besides the catchers double.

And Jorge, threw out Sizemore stealing.

Ah I was getting lunch, so I missed that play. Damn, the D has really picked him up today.

Archived