Yankees vs. Indians @ Yankee Stadium (Home Opener/New Yankee Stadium debut)

Morrissey

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tyler Durden thinks HIS opinion is the only one that matters and the rest of us are ignorant fools who know nothing about nothing. Read the other game threads, you'll see for yourself.

That's my fault. I'm an ignorant fool who knows nothing about nothing.

I dont care what you would ever do or not do, and if you're not worrie dabout it, then dont respond to my argument. Im talking from an economical standpoint. This country is in a recession, charging that much for some seats for a baseball game is asinine.

Suspect the Yanks' brass are not overjpyed with thsoe ovehead shots of the whole stadium jammed-except foe the seats up close to the field, which seem half filled at best. The Yanks have only themselves and their greed to blame.

Some family of mine works for another family which owns a NY sports franchise not known for being cheap. They didn't renew their Yankee tickets because they thought the cost was utterly foolish. There comes a point that you have to deal with this being less about a nice stadium and simply a greedy cash grab. Don't give a sheet how "corporate" you are , no one is writing off $2600 for one ticket to one game.

Suspect the Yanks' brass are not overjpyed with thsoe ovehead shots of the whole stadium jammed-except foe the seats up close to the field, which seem half filled at best. The Yanks have only themselves and their greed to blame.

Some family of mine works for another family which owns a NY sports franchise not known for being cheap. They didn't renew their Yankee tickets because they thought the cost was utterly foolish. There comes a point that you have to deal with this being less about a nice stadium and simply a greedy cash grab. Don't give a sheet how "corporate" you are , no one is writing off $2600 for one ticket to one game.

Didnt you know, those $2700 tkts arent that bad because hell, they have $5 and $10 seats, so those measly cheap seats offset the thousand $ ones. :) Atleast that is the logic being put forth in this thread.

Well instead of being sarcastic, I'll just keep this thread going, I wonder how Joe's going to get through this game, Wang has really put a huge burden on the bullpen. Claggett is a reliever, not sure if he can bite the bullet for us in this game.

I really do feel bad for the people in the stands. You wake up on a 75* gorgeous spring day, super excited about going to a yankee game, only to have the air sucked out of you in the second inning. If I paid $300 for two tix I'd be pissed.

I would never pay for those seats, but the price of those seats include all you can eat (buffet and menu) and access to all the clubs.

If I could afford those tickets, I would, if just to see the back of his head lol. Ive been in love with Derek Jeter since I was 11 or 12. But those amenities are really good, the price is still outlandish though. Thats an expensive buffet.

They need to do something about RF and RCF... fly outs are soaring over the wall. This place is worse than Citizens Bank Field.

that's really a shame if the yankees built themselves a bandbox. i'd hate for my team to be playing half their games in a bandbox. thank God citifield is proving to play big.

Well this is an f'n disaster. I go on a nice hike expecting to return to the car by 5:30, maybe the game will be in sixth or seventh inning. Instead I get in the car and put on the radio (a little after 5:30) and John Sterling is saying it's the bottom of the fourth and he didn't give the score. Right then I had a bad feeling.

So finally the inning ends and Sterling says it's 16-2 and mentions that the Indians scored 14 runs in the second. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the Yankees should have put Wang down after he shattered his foot in Houston last year just like they do to racehorses. Normally I don't get upset about what happens in April, but this Wang situation is a f'n disaster. How the hell is this guy suppose to pitch in Boston on Friday? It takes real talent to raise an ERA that was around 27 or so before the game.

I'm hoping it's something physical with him and not mental. If it's mental then maybe they should consider putting him on the DL and have him pitch in SWB when he comes off just so he can get some confidence back.

This bullpen is going to be shot by the end of May if they keep going like this.

If the Yankees ever had a Mascot, say something similar to Mr. Met, it would probably wear the same size uniform as C.C.

Disclaimer: I love C.C., I love Mr. Met. However, in now way do I want the Yankees to have a Mascot.

Could I ask why this team promotes Anthony Claggett over Mark Melancon? Who is running this front office? Lets keep having Melancon throwing zero's in the minors, while Claggett does his best impression of Chien-Ming Wang in the majors.

Claggett is a temporary replacement until Robertson completes his 10 days in the minors. Let Melancon do his thing, they'll call him up when he's ready.

If the Yankees ever had a Mascot, say something similar to Mr. Met, it would probably wear the same size uniform as C.C.

Disclaimer: I love C.C., I love Mr. Met. However, in now way do I want the Yankees to have a Mascot.

You're probably a little young to remember Dandy.

dandy-193.jpg

The Post is really hard on the Yanks today.

By MICHAEL BLAUSTEIN and JULIA DAHL

Last updated: 7:16 am

April 19, 2009

Posted: 2:07 am

April 19, 2009

What a waste!

The new Yankee Stadium was spotless and the weather stunning, but the Bombers stunk it up in The Bronx yesterday, subjecting their fuming fans to a putrid performance against the Indians, who scored an eye-popping 22 runs.

The loss -- one of the worst in team history -- was the Yankees' second in three games in their new $1.5 billion ballpark.

But this one stung the Pinstripe faithful, who forked over as much as $2,625 to see the pitiful play, like few ever before.

"It's a tragedy. This is the worst game I've ever seen," said a seething Erich Wald, 28, of Toms River, NJ.

"You can't afford to buy anything at this Stadium," he added, "and the players are going to go out and have $50 steaks when it's over."

Jon Brawn, 26, of White Plains, couldn't agree more.

"I woke up this morning expecting to see something great in this brand-new Stadium," Brawn said, "and what I got was a calamity."

The colossal clobbering from Cleveland came fast and furious for the hobbling home team with a $200 million payroll.

"I paid $10 a beer to see this chop-shop team? They suck!" cried Shawn McCarthy, 28, of Hoboken, as he fled during the seventh-inning stretch.

"George Steinbrenner," he added, "should take down ticket prices if we're just gonna see a home-run derby by the Indians."

A couple that had trekked all the way from West Palm Beach, Fla., to check out their favorite team's spanking-new digs said they, too, were leaving with a sour taste in their mouths.

"I've been a fan since 1958," said Fred Bingiano, 57. "We used to come back in the '90s, and it was $36 a ticket. Today, we paid $350 each."

His wife Deborah, 45, was just as disgusted.

"Families can't come together anymore," she noted before speaking for a lot of disaffected fans by tossing out the quintessential New York judgment: "Fuhgeddaboutit."

Others promised to save their cash from now on and watch the games at home.

"I'm not going to renew my season tickets," vowed Jenn Webster, 33, of Chelsea. "I'm not going to pay twice as much for crappy seats.

"It came down to my Yankee season tickets or my Jet season tickets," she said. "I choose the Jets."

For the record, yesterday's humiliation equaled in futility a 1925 game against the Detroit Tigers in which the Yanks were drubbed, 19-1, at the old Stadium, across the street.

But the team's biggest bomb also came against the Indians -- a 22-0 shellacking back on Aug. 31, 2004.

First baseman-outfielder Nick Swisher, who took the mound last Monday when Wang and relievers were routed early by Tampa Bay, tried to make the best of the smackdown by chatting with the fans.

"Swisher is awesome," said James O'Donnell, 24, of East Hampton, LI. "He was out in right field jawing it up."

Many chanted the switch-hitter's name, begging him to help pull the Yanks out of their misery via an encore pitching performance.

By the too-long-to-get-there ninth inning, the pristine new Stadium was practically empty -- and some fans were furious that security wouldn't let them move down to seats closer to the field.

"There were 2,600 unsold seats down by third base, and they wouldn't let us sit in them," said Scott Stewart, 23, of Ramsey, NJ.

Maybe TD can explain this one away with more video of Citi Field staircases.;)

The Post is really hard on the Yanks today.

By MICHAEL BLAUSTEIN and JULIA DAHL

Last updated: 7:16 am

April 19, 2009

Posted: 2:07 am

April 19, 2009

What a waste!

The new Yankee Stadium was spotless and the weather stunning, but the Bombers stunk it up in The Bronx yesterday, subjecting their fuming fans to a putrid performance against the Indians, who scored an eye-popping 22 runs.

The loss -- one of the worst in team history -- was the Yankees' second in three games in their new $1.5 billion ballpark.

But this one stung the Pinstripe faithful, who forked over as much as $2,625 to see the pitiful play, like few ever before.

"It's a tragedy. This is the worst game I've ever seen," said a seething Erich Wald, 28, of Toms River, NJ.

"You can't afford to buy anything at this Stadium," he added, "and the players are going to go out and have $50 steaks when it's over."

Jon Brawn, 26, of White Plains, couldn't agree more.

"I woke up this morning expecting to see something great in this brand-new Stadium," Brawn said, "and what I got was a calamity."

The colossal clobbering from Cleveland came fast and furious for the hobbling home team with a $200 million payroll.

"I paid $10 a beer to see this chop-shop team? They suck!" cried Shawn McCarthy, 28, of Hoboken, as he fled during the seventh-inning stretch.

"George Steinbrenner," he added, "should take down ticket prices if we're just gonna see a home-run derby by the Indians."

A couple that had trekked all the way from West Palm Beach, Fla., to check out their favorite team's spanking-new digs said they, too, were leaving with a sour taste in their mouths.

"I've been a fan since 1958," said Fred Bingiano, 57. "We used to come back in the '90s, and it was $36 a ticket. Today, we paid $350 each."

His wife Deborah, 45, was just as disgusted.

"Families can't come together anymore," she noted before speaking for a lot of disaffected fans by tossing out the quintessential New York judgment: "Fuhgeddaboutit."

Others promised to save their cash from now on and watch the games at home.

"I'm not going to renew my season tickets," vowed Jenn Webster, 33, of Chelsea. "I'm not going to pay twice as much for crappy seats.

"It came down to my Yankee season tickets or my Jet season tickets," she said. "I choose the Jets."

For the record, yesterday's humiliation equaled in futility a 1925 game against the Detroit Tigers in which the Yanks were drubbed, 19-1, at the old Stadium, across the street.

But the team's biggest bomb also came against the Indians -- a 22-0 shellacking back on Aug. 31, 2004.

First baseman-outfielder Nick Swisher, who took the mound last Monday when Wang and relievers were routed early by Tampa Bay, tried to make the best of the smackdown by chatting with the fans.

"Swisher is awesome," said James O'Donnell, 24, of East Hampton, LI. "He was out in right field jawing it up."

Many chanted the switch-hitter's name, begging him to help pull the Yanks out of their misery via an encore pitching performance.

By the too-long-to-get-there ninth inning, the pristine new Stadium was practically empty -- and some fans were furious that security wouldn't let them move down to seats closer to the field.

"There were 2,600 unsold seats down by third base, and they wouldn't let us sit in them," said Scott Stewart, 23, of Ramsey, NJ.

Maybe TD can explain this one away with more video of Citi Field staircases.;)

I'm sure you can buy 3 dollar beer at Citi Field. :rolleyes:

If you're going to bitch about concession prices and ticket prices than fine, but both the Mets and Yankees conessions are overpriced, and both teams have empty seats behind the plate, but last time I checked only 1 team has obstructed views in premium seating.

Archived