Jets are talkin' to the Jags...

Jets Babe

Jets apparently love Sanchez, and they're talking to the Jags about moving up from 17 to 8. There is no way that Sanchez is falling past #10 (the 49ers really like him a lot), and the Jets want him. According to the draft value chart, it should only take about a 2nd and a late round pick to move up.

Would you guys be in favor of the move to draft Sanchez? I would. Sanchez is a winner with a terrific skillset.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But now that the Redskins have Byron Leftwich I wanted Jason Ca...

...Oh, wait.

:D

J/K. I really like Sanchez as a prospect but not sure if I'm too high on trading up for him. Also, I don't like the idea of trading draft positions before draft day. I prefer seeing how things play out and making deals on the day.

Jets apparently love Sanchez, and they're talking to the Jags about moving up from 17 to 8. There is no way that Sanchez is falling past #10 (the 49ers really like him a lot), and the Jets want him. According to the draft value chart, it should only take about a 2nd and a late round pick to move up.

Would you guys be in favor of the move to draft Sanchez? I would. Sanchez is a winner with a terrific skillset.

No way Babe. If the Jets trade up to draft Sanchez it will be for one reason and one reason only: to sell PSL's. Drafting a young, inexperienced QB will buy them two or three seasons of mercy for mediocre play while still energizing the fan base. Nothing perks up the marketability of a franchise like a pretty, young multi-ethnic QB with a bright smile and a quick wit to go along with soft (yet supple) lips and an ass like dat. And a good arm, too.

Season(s) Quarterback(s)

2008 Brett Favre (16)

2007 Chad Pennington (8) / Kellen Clemens (8)

2006 Chad Pennington (16)

2005 Brooks Bollinger (9) / Vinny Testaverde (4) / Chad Pennington (3)

2004 Chad Pennington (13) / Quincy Carter (3)

2003 Chad Pennington (9) / Vinny Testaverde (7)

2002 Chad Pennington (12) / Vinny Testaverde (4)

2001 Vinny Testaverde (16)

2000 Vinny Testaverde (16)

1999 Ray Lucas (9) / Rick Mirer (6) / Vinny Testaverde (1)

1998 Vinny Testaverde (13) / Glenn Foley (3)

1997 Neil O'Donnell (15) / Glenn Foley (1)

1996 Frank Reich (7) / Neil O'Donnell (6) / Glenn Foley (3)

1995 Boomer Esiason (12) / Bubby Brister (4)

1994 Boomer Esiason (14) / Jack Trudeau (2)

1993 Boomer Esiason (16)

1992 Browning Nagle (13) / Ken O'Brien (3)

1991 Ken O'Brien (16)

1990 Ken O'Brien (16)

1989 Ken O'Brien (12) / Tony Eason (2) / Pat Ryan (1) / Kyle Mackey (1)

1988 Ken O'Brien (12) / Pat Ryan (4)

1987 Ken O'Brien (12) / David Norrie (2) / Pat Ryan (1)

1986 Ken O'Brien (14) / Pat Ryan (2)

1985 Ken O'Brien (16)

1984 Pat Ryan (11) / Ken O'Brien (5)

1983 Richard Todd (16)

1982 Richard Todd (9)

1981 Richard Todd (16)

1980 Richard Todd (16)

1979 Richard Todd (15) / Matt Robinson (1)

1978 Matt Robinson (11) / Richard Todd (5)

1977 Richard Todd (11) / Matt Robinson (1) / Marty Domres (2)

1976 Joe Namath (8) / Richard Todd (6)

1975 Joe Namath (13) / J.J. Jones (1)

1974 Joe Namath (14)

1973 Al Woodall (6) / Joe Namath (5) / Bill Demory (3)

1972 Joe Namath (13) / Bob Davis (1)

1971 Bob Davis (7) / Al Woodall (4) / Joe Namath (3)

1970 Al Woodall (9) / Joe Namath (5)

1969 Joe Namath (14)

1968 Joe Namath (14)

1967 Joe Namath (14)

1966 Joe Namath (14)

1965 Joe Namath (9) / Mike Taliaferro (5)

1964 Dick Wood (13) / Pete Liske (3)

1963 Dick Wood (12) / Galen Hall (2)

1962 Johnny Green (8) / Lee Grosscup (4) / Butch Songin (2)

1961 Al Dorow (14)

1960 Al Dorow (13) / Dick Jamieson (1)

How the hell do you post a youtube video here?

Use the youtube icon on the reply toolbar (second last on the right) and type in between the [youtube*][/youtube*] (minus the *) everything after the "v=" in the youtube video's URL.

For example, here is the video you want:

WWaLxFIVX1s

Reply to this post and it will show the code I used to get that. Hope this helps.

One problem: who the hell will Mark Sanchez throw the ball to? I think we should stay at 17, draft Darrius Heyward-Bey and finally get the #1 kind of receiver we've been lacking. It would also help not losing our 2nd. ;)

No thanks.

Use the youtube icon on the reply toolbar (second last on the right) and type in between the [youtube*][/youtube*] (minus the *) everything after the "v=" in the youtube video's URL.

For example, here is the video you want:

WWaLxFIVX1s

Reply to this post and it will show the code I used to get that. Hope this helps.

Kind of kills the joke but thanks, now I won't feel like a clueless moron when I want to post a video in the future.

(Chan, EY, Hector, JiF, Bergen, **** you in advance for running with my "clueless moron" line.)

Right, we should use picks 1, 2 and 6 to draft our biggest need which is young, inexperienced Quarterback. OOPS! Wait, we've already got 3 of those.

I don't even like Sanchez as a prospect let alone filling a position that we're already overloaded at. I wouldn't take him at 17 even.

without a link still, this post is irrelevant. in any case, a lot of players leave visits with the jets saying the staff loved them and all that. And i will always go back to woody johnsons quote saying he wants to have a big armed QB under center, i.e. freeman, whereas sanchez is said to have average arm strength.

One problem: who the hell will Mark Sanchez throw the ball to? I think we should stay at 17, draft Darrius Heyward-Bey and finally get the #1 kind of receiver we've been lacking. It would also help not losing our 2nd. ;)

No thanks.

This draft is extremely WR rich. The Jets can pick up Robiskie in the 2nd, or Byrd in the 3rd. Both would be excellent picks and could contribute from day one. The draft this year is awesome for WRs.

without a link still, this post is irrelevant. in any case, a lot of players leave visits with the jets saying the staff loved them and all that. And i will always go back to woody johnsons quote saying he wants to have a big armed QB under center, i.e. freeman, whereas sanchez is said to have average arm strength.

Take everything I post from my source with a grain of salt....it's not official, just around the league chatter.

This draft is extremely WR rich. The Jets can pick up Robiskie in the 2nd, or Byrd in the 3rd. Both would be excellent picks and could contribute from day one. The draft this year is awesome for WRs.

Bottom line is I don't want to give up our 2 as well, we have too many needs to be getting rid of draft picks, especially for someone like Sanchez who won't be very good.

Bottom line is I don't want to give up our 2 as well, we have too many needs to be getting rid of draft picks, especially for someone like Sanchez who won't be very good.

yup

we need to not only keep 'em, but get more

we need;

WR (2 ?)

ILB

TE (2 ?)

DE

o-line depth

heck, if ainge is on the outs, QB becomes need as well

since you don't bat 1.000 in any draft, the jets need at least 6 picks

I don't like trading picks

I think JB is interning at some sports web site, so I'd say it's legit. I hope not though, I mean, I like the prospect, but if we are going to give a 1+ for Sanchez why the **** didn't we just trade for Cutler????

WRs don't win Super Bowls. QBs do.

Never trade up that high for a WR.

Especially not a guy who played in the spread in a no defense conference.. Chase Daniel was all world chucking him the ball and was totally outclassed in the after season events..

WRs don't win Super Bowls. QBs do.

Never trade up that high for a WR.

I'm not a fan of trading up in general. Every year, I hope the team trades down. I'm just not sold on Sanchez at all at this point, and really don't like the idea of trading up for an inexperienced junior QB.

And the Jets are in dire need of a WR. If they had to make the move up (and Tannenbaum seems to like that sort of thing), I like Maclin's pro prospects better than Sanchez'.

I'm not a fan of trading up in general. Every year, I hope the team trades down. I'm just not sold on Sanchez at all at this point, and really don't like the idea of trading up for an inexperienced junior QB.

And the Jets are in dire need of a WR. If they had to make the move up (and Tannenbaum seems to like that sort of thing), I like Maclin's pro prospects better than Sanchez'.

Perhaps, but a good Sanchez is better than a Great Maclin.

Archived