Jets are talkin' to the Jags...

Jets Babe

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair though, if the Jets really do like Sanchez and you genuinely believe that he's the future of this franchise (In the way the Ravens did with Flacco last season) then you have to pull the trigger.

If you were going to do this , why not Cutler then? It's going to take a 1,2 and 4 or a 1, 4 and next years 1 to get it done, so why not just give up similiar for Cutler whose proven and still has potential?

To be fair though, if the Jets really do like Sanchez and you genuinely believe that he's the future of this franchise (In the way the Ravens did with Flacco last season) then you have to pull the trigger.

The Ravens traded back, then up.

If we trade up for Mark f'ing Sanchez, someone needs to be shot.

So, Elvis Grbac is better than Jerry Rice?

You're equating Maclin to the greatest receiver of all time, or 2nd greatest. Not simply a great WR.

But outside of an all-time great, hall of fame WR, I'd take most Good QBs first.

I think JB is interning at some sports web site, so I'd say it's legit. I hope not though, I mean, I like the prospect, but if we are going to give a 1+ for Sanchez why the **** didn't we just trade for Cutler????

Because the Broncos wanted to get Cutler out of the AFC.

Because the Broncos wanted a starting QB in return.

Because the Broncos did not return the Jets calls.

Because the Broncos wanted to get Cutler out of the AFC.

Because the Broncos wanted a starting QB in return.

Because the Broncos did not return the Jets calls.

BS

BS

BS

Because Peter King said the Jets were never seriously interested..

I think JB is interning at some sports web site, so I'd say it's legit. I hope not though, I mean, I like the prospect, but if we are going to give a 1+ for Sanchez why the **** didn't we just trade for Cutler????

Because Cutler is an above average QB, and a drama queen who is older than Sanchez.

Sanchez has better accuracy, is smarter, and is very pro-ready. Oh yeah, and he's young.

Jets can strike it rich with Sanchez, much like the Falcons did with Matt Ryan.

Because Cutler is an above average, and a drama queen who is older than Sanchez.

Sanchez has better accuracy, is smarter, and is very pro-ready. Oh yeah, and he's young.

To be fair, Jay Cutler is only 25 has a higher upside with his arm.

To me, Sanchez is Chad Pennington without the brains and that makes for a ****ty QB, because all Chad Pennington has is his brains.

Guess we might have a first hand look to see if thats true or not depending how the first seven picks work out.

Because Cutler is an above average, and a drama queen who is older than Sanchez.

Oh no she din't!

Cutler is 25 years old, graduated from a near-Ivy school and is pro-ready. Sanchez could have been at USC for two more years than he has and he still wouldn't be as ready to help the Jets tomorrow as Jay Cutler. Come on now. If you want me to hire you to a high paying position at ESPN you better step it up, girlfriend.

To be fair, Jay Cutler is only 25 has a higher upside with his arm.

To me, Sanchez is Chad Pennington without the brains and that makes for a ****ty QB, because all Chad Pennington has is his brains.

Guess we might have a first hand look to see if thats true or not depending how the first seven picks work out.

I agree, Cutler is a young QB with a great arm. I was pissed when we didn't trade for him. But the ceiling is so much higher for Sanchez. The Jets can strike it rich with Sanchez.

And Sanchez has a MUCH better arm than CP, it's not even funny.

Not to mention, he played much tougher competition in college than CP, Stafford, and Freeman. If I had to pick ANY QB in the draft, I'm picking Sanchez over all of them. Then Bhomar (for his value in the later rounds).

I agree, Cutler is a young QB with a great arm. I was pissed when we didn't trade for him. But the ceiling is so much higher for Sanchez. The Jets can strike it rich with Sanchez.

How can you argue Cutler's "ceiling" vs. Sanchez's? They are both young QB's, but Cutler has a resume already that SAYS he's already a prolific passer who still hasn't fully learned the game. Sanchez is a complete unknown. His own coach said that.

Oh no she din't!

Cutler is 25 years old, graduated from a near-Ivy school and is pro-ready. Sanchez could have been at USC for two more years than he has and he still wouldn't be as ready to help the Jets tomorrow as Jay Cutler. Come on now. If you want me to hire you to a high paying position at ESPN you better step it up, girlfriend.

I didn't say Cutler wasn't pro-ready. I said he was a whiny bitch who is above average. True, no?

Woaha...

Couldn't be more wrong on #1, but realtalk on #2..

Cutler's ceiling is way higher then Sanchez's imo. And of course, any QB who has male parts throws better then Chad..

You mean to the gun that I'd be holding up to my head if this rumor is true?

Not to mention, he played much tougher competition in college than CP, Stafford, and Freeman. If I had to pick ANY QB in the draft, I'm picking Sanchez over all of them. Then Bhomar (for his value in the later rounds).

I don't see how people think Sanchez's arm is better than Chad's, it really isn't. If it is, its very slighly. He also can't hit the deep ball to save his life. He can't throw the ball 50 yards.

As for Sanchez playing better competition than Stafford, are you being serious? Pac 10 vs SEC? C'mon.

I don't see how people think Sanchez's arm is better than Chad's, it really isn't. If it is, its very slighly. He also can't hit the deep ball to save his life. He can't throw the ball 50 yards.

As for Sanchez playing better competition than Stafford, are you being serious? Pac 10 vs SEC? C'mon.

OH she is SO Jillian Barberie.

How can you argue Cutler's "ceiling" vs. Sanchez's? They are both young QB's, but Cutler has a resume already that SAYS he's already a prolific passer who still hasn't fully learned the game. Sanchez is a complete unknown. His own coach said that.

Sanchez declared early because he felt that he was ready for the pros, and he didn't want to make the same mistake that Leinart did. I just think the ceiling is so much higher for him because he is an unknown. He can be better than Cutler. It's a crapshoot. Jets absolutely love him.

He has a great character...Cutler doesn't.

He has amazing accuracy...Cutler doesn't. We're a run first offense. We need an accurate passer.

He comes from a good school who plays a pro-style offense, he's pro ready.

The ceiling is very high for him. We already knew what we were getting with Cutler: a whiny, young QB with an amazing arm. He makes bad decisions like any gunslinger, but we're a run-first team. We would have to completely change the offense around, and we are built to win now. You can't completely change an offensive scheme when you're built to win now. I think Sanchez would be a better fit.

I'm not a fan of trading up in general. Every year, I hope the team trades down. I'm just not sold on Sanchez at all at this point, and really don't like the idea of trading up for an inexperienced junior QB.

And the Jets are in dire need of a WR. If they had to make the move up (and Tannenbaum seems to like that sort of thing), I like Maclin's pro prospects better than Sanchez'.

Jets traded up for Revis and Harris, how did that turn out?

Tanny knows what he is doing when he trades up.

Dude, in big games...Sanchez stepped it up. Stafford didn't. If I had to pick between the two, I like Sanchez better. It's less of a risk. The Lions are dumb for taking Stafford if they do take him. They need to build from the inside out, or trade down. Compile picks and rebuild that team.

And quit the Chad love. Chad has a terrible ****ing arm. Sanchez can make all the throws. Very Matt Ryan-esque. Not the best cannon in the draft, but he can make all the necessary throws and has uncanny accuracy.

To each his/her own.

Well no, there is NO basis to say Sanchez has a higher ceiling then Cutler.

Cutler has a better arm, better wheels and their WonderLic's were comparable. Seriously, how can you argue that Sanchez has a higher ceiling..

Well no, there is NO basis to say Sanchez has a higher ceiling then Cutler.

Cutler has a better arm, better wheels and their WonderLic's were comparable. Seriously, how can you argue that Sanchez has a higher ceiling..

Better accuracy, better competition in college, more of a "winner", better character.

124, Sanchez can't hit the deep ball?

Did you EVER watch USC play? Sanchez throws a better deep ball than anyone in this draft, that's his strength. Mayock said it too, that if anything he struggled with the shorter stuff.

He throws a great deep ball. To compare his arm to Chad ****ing Pennington is simply ridiculous.

Jets apparently love Sanchez, and they're talking to the Jags about moving up from 17 to 8. There is no way that Sanchez is falling past #10 (the 49ers really like him a lot), and the Jets want him. According to the draft value chart, it should only take about a 2nd and a late round pick to move up.

Would you guys be in favor of the move to draft Sanchez? I would. Sanchez is a winner with a terrific skillset.

:puke:

Archived