"What is POTW?" Summer Kickoff Edition of Post of the Week - May 24, 2009

POTW Bot

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topic: The 'Are you ready for some Rex asskickin Jets football?' Thread

I do too SJ, where WAS the emotion, the ANGER in watching your team get lit up by the likes of Shaun Hill and Seneca Wallace? Also, Favre should have been MADE to sit when he was hurt-Clemens would have gotten us in the playoffs-I am CONVINCED of it.

The Nomination: "excellent synopsis of Manginis shiity Karma" SouthernJet

Editor's Note: We had no emotion. The team just gave up on the guy...good riddance.

Topic: Check it out, I just spit a hot freestyle FLow, 5 mins, one take-PhiLLy-Stacks

This is ****ing epic.

Yo, yo, I come onto a message board acting like a tough guy, but truth is I only stand 2 feet high.

My parents drove pick up trucks, but I say I'm from the streets cause I'm a lying ****, My style is so right, my rhymes is so tight, but I still cry every time I look in the mirror.. I'M STILL ****ING WHITE. Why must yall hate on my skillz I'm just a playa with hustlaz mentality, Ima bout to get signed, oh wait, that's not reality.

When I get on the mic I spit I demand respect, yall keep working that 9-5, cause I'll be collecting my welfare check. One luv, Tampagay out.

The Nomination: "Damn, that's funny." Sperm Edwards

Editor's Note: DWC Rules.

Topic: Shoot Every Single Pit Bull In The Head

Truly a sad story.

But as an owner of a 2 year old pitbull I have to disagree with GOB"S solution. I have 5 kids ranging in age from 7 to 20 and my dog is the best family pet I have ever owned. I have had Great Dane, Bull Mastiff, and many a Doberman and German Shephard as a kid. My father Scgutzen trtained dogs for the military so as a child I spent time with dogs hanging of my arm as well.

Pit Bulls are not overcrazed aggressive beast. They are actually very well adjusted for families and if handled correctly make wonderful pets. My kids can lay on, play tug of war with him andf even snatch food out of his mouth when he is eating. This dog has NEVER SNAPPED. Not once. Try that with another favorite bread and you might not like the result.

The problem is pit bulls are very tenacious and are natural pullers. They love to grab onto things and pull them. I have a rope hanging off my tree with a knot and my dog will swing from it holding on by his teeth with my sons pushing him. He will play tug of war and drag them across the yard.

My dog is also very good around other medium and large dogs. I have a friend who trainsBlack labs for bird hunting and my dog loves to go run around with the 7 or 10 dogs he has in his pen. Once in a while one of the alpha's will attack him, and my dog will react with a very convincing argument. We break it up and things cool down. Like Mick said earlier this jaw locking thing is urban legend.

One thing I will say negative about the breed, because I'm not a piut bull homer by no means. I have noticed that my dog does find small things vert enticing, birds, squirrels. cats, possumns and the such. Even on lead I have to strong correct him when one of these pass his sight. Something with the size and the way they move drives him nuts. Other than that I have had a wonderful experience with this breed.

I just think people need to be more responsible and know their pets. Dumb people shouldn't own big dogs and most of these are the same people who shouldn't have kids either. JMHO

The Nomination: "You're right on!" Verde

Editor's Note: You can always count on V to rep a good dog post.

Topic: UPDATE FROM THE COLTS ON THE CIB SITUATION

They should back up the moving vans and move back to Baltimore.

I've got a better idea. Move them to NY. Move the Jets to who gives a sh!t where.

Then we'll finally have the winner we've all been waiting for.

The Nomination: "HAHAHA LMAO" gangreenman

Editor's Note: Going to have to change your name to Angry Jets fan.

Topic: Will someone rid me of this f**king useless Bulgarian b*****d.

POTW Bot understands, even though it's been programmed to like Chelski. :mrgreen:

I don't understand why Fergie started Macheda instead of Berbac**t. I thought the idea of late substitutions is to bring ona fresh pair of legs to run at a tired defence, not a fresh pair of legs to stroll round the place, admiring the f**king scenery. What would a fresh Macheda would have done in extra time? I don't know if he would have won the game, but he'd have given the Blueshite a much harder time. F**k, Helen Keller would have given them a harder time. That penalty? Basically Berbac**t going "I'm not arsed if it goes in or not, I'll still get paid".

The simple truth is, Berbac**t is a f**king thieveing little b******D. He gets paid how much per week? To do what? To do f**k all.

He's a f**king disgrace to the jersey, and the sooner Fergie wakes up and realises that he's never going to be 1% of the player Cantona was, the better. Let the c**t rot in the reserves until he changes his attitude, and if he doesn't? Let him f**king rot anyway, so nobody'll want him when his contract's up.

The Nomination: "I must break the POTW Bot's bias!" war ensemble

Editor's Note: Well if you ever did the POTW....

Topic: Are You Happy With The Trade For Sanchez?

I would never understand some people, if we stayed at our same positon and waited and took a TE Brandon Pettigrew everyone would have jumped down Tanny's throat and shout same old jets...but they did something that I have not witnessed in close to 20 years which is trade up for a franchise QB. and its considered what?? a normal bonehead move.

Wrap your head around the fact that we traded 3 backups Ratliff (who had potential but is no franchise QB ) , Elam (would not have seen the field since the acquisition of Leonhard) , Coleman (a total waste of space on the line) and a 2nd round pick this year for Sanchez. You guys are getting on like he traded away a 1st in next years draft in the deal. Our draft is in tact for next season, we made a solid trade for a solid QB something that

1. we havnt had in ages

2. we were in desperate need of

we still have draft picks for today which I am sure Mr.T and Rex will find a blocking TE a WR that we need and a backup DE. For god sakes you guys relax and enjoy the moment that some of us who love the Green and White have been craving for ages.

The Nomination: "This just-be-happy is not natural for most of us. I myself am trying." Sperm Edwards

Editor's Note: Being happy makes Jets fans feel dirty.

Archived