Who says you cant go home again???- Coles excited to be home

Smizzy

g_coles_fp.jpg

COLES COMES HOME

BY STEVE SERBY

March 6, 2005 -- Laveranues Coles could hear the sweet sound of Jets fans ringing in his ears again yesterday.

"J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!" an excited Coles told The Post exclusively on the day he came back home where he belongs.

Chad Pennington missed his go-to receiver the past two seasons and his go-to receiver missed Pennington. Yesterday, the dream of a sweet reunion became a reality when the Jets finally traded Santana Moss to the Redskins for the perfect bookend

Welcome back Laveranues. Man I'm glad I kept his jersey I had of him 2 years ago. Too bad there is 2 Moss jerseys to push to the back of the closet now and only 1 Coles to replace, gotta go out shoppin'! :wink:

I'm liking this more after sleeping on it. We now have a reciever with a PB on his resume. His production and guts will make everyone forget any trash talk of the past. I also dont remember any player in a Dinger composed offense that shot his mouth off a lot. Regardless of how he backed it up on the field. Hope his foot is ok.

I'm liking this more after sleeping on it. We now have a reciever with a PB on his resume. His production and guts will make everyone forget any trash talk of the past. I also dont remember any player in a Dinger composed offense that shot his mouth off a lot. Regardless of how he backed it up on the field. Hope his foot is ok.

I would have still rather had us go after Mason, but I guess Coles will do. But what good is a Coles-Pennington reunion if Penny's arm is going to be in no condition to get him the ball?

I would have still rather had us go after Mason, but I guess Coles will do. But what good is a Coles-Pennington reunion if Penny's arm is going to be in no condition to get him the ball?

Derrick Mason, Pat Williams...I'll pass on the 31 and over players thanks

oh and that includes Ty Law too

Penny's arm wasn't any better back in 2002 then it is going to be this season. If anything it is going to get better.

I feel better about this deal the more I hear. Coles is tougher, a better blocker, more motivated and (at least so far) more productive in every stat other than TD's (a concern, but not a huge one IMO).

If Coles foot is truly the non-issue he says it is, and the Jets Players themselves all lobbied to get Moss out and Coles back in, that says ALOT. Given the acrimonious departure of Coles the first time, the deep desire of the Jets players to get him back means that they understand Coles is better than Moss for us...at least as they see it.

So, I'll be cautiously optimatic on this one. I want to see Coles passthe physical, get into camp, NOT mouth off at all, and play a few pre-season games too.

But I'm feeling good here. I was a very vocal Moss-hater, as you all know, so I will shed no tears over his departure.

I'll try to give you all the word down here in D.C. on Monday when the weekday local shows go into this deal in DETAIL. :D

Fish, I guarantee they'e going to talk about how great Moss is on punt returns and how he ran a "4 flat" at Miami. I'm almost tempted to put a homag together of clips where Moss runs out of bounds or short-arms balls. That bitch!

I feel better about this deal the more I hear. Coles is tougher, a better blocker, more motivated and (at least so far) more productive in every stat other than TD's (a concern, but not a huge one IMO).

If Coles foot is truly the non-issue he says it is, and the Jets Players themselves all lobbied to get Moss out and Coles back in, that says ALOT. Given the acrimonious departure of Coles the first time, the deep desire of the Jets players to get him back means that they understand Coles is better than Moss for us...at least as they see it.

So, I'll be cautiously optimatic on this one. I want to see Coles passthe physical, get into camp, NOT mouth off at all, and play a few pre-season games too.

But I'm feeling good here. I was a very vocal Moss-hater, as you all know, so I will shed no tears over his departure.

I'll try to give you all the word down here in D.C. on Monday when the weekday local shows go into this deal in DETAIL. :D

players lobbying for Coles to return is one thing, nowhere does it say they wanted Santana out, thats simply you haters making your own interpretations

as i will add taht I'm not happy to see Tan leave I am happy to see Coles back and I think thats basically how the players felt as well

players lobbying for Coles to return is one thing, nowhere does it say they wanted Santana out, thats simply you haters making your own interpretations

as i will add taht I'm not happy to see Tan leave I am happy to see Coles back and I think thats basically how the players felt as well

Really?

If I see my core offensive players (Pennington & Martin) lobying to make THIS deal (not some other deal, but THIS deal) to get Coles back in the fold FOR MOSS....that tells me they prefer Coles over Moss without question, hence they wanted Moss out.

Spin it any way you like, I know Moss is your friend...and if he was MY friend I'd be dissapointed too. But IF those player comments are legit (and who knows if they are) it says alot about the players feelings about Moss.

MeanBro, I haven't seen one article where a single Jet has said "Damn, we lost Santana. He was huge" either.

Fish, I guarantee they'e going to talk about how great Moss is on punt returns and how he ran a "4 flat" at Miami. I'm almost tempted to put a homag together of clips where Moss runs out of bounds or short-arms balls. That b!tch!

8 yards a return this yr....8 yards.

How sad it is watching these Pats fans fumble all overthemselves on this deal.

Everybody forgets....washington gave us their #1 pick for coles....we packaged it up for Drob.

Thanks Washington...especially when you are picking up both Santana's & Coles signing bounses..

Ike Hillard.... :lol:

How sad it is watching these Pats fans fumble all overthemselves on this deal.

Everybody forgets....washington gave us their #1 pick for coles....we packaged it up for Drob.

Thanks Washington...especially when you are picking up both Santana's & Coles signing bounses..

Ike Hillard.... :lol:

Hey Smizz, has all that manuevering got the Jets to a Super Bowl?

Didn't think so.

Jets=Cardinals=Saints=Lions=Browns

:o:o:o

Jets= to 3 teams who didn't make the playoffs?

It's 1 day after the coles trade and you are stupid enough to ask me if this deal got them to a super bowl?

Hey TX....You must not realize how pathetic you really are. I mean really now,half the things you say anymore are so asinine nobody can even take this garbage insults to heart anymore.

You act like we don't know you...Ive watched you spin & manipulate the truth all season,for one reason...you are scared of the NYJ.

Not that we are going to dethrone you just yet...but we aren't the POS team you think we are.

I don't really care about your childish insults and your frat boy jokes about Penny.

You have become a sideshow,the jokes are lame and repetitive and for gods sakes...you look like a giant tool every time you open your mouth.

Enjoy this super bowl you just won.....it's gonna be the last one for a while.

8 yards a return this yr....8 yards.

pretty bad stats I'll admit, but overall give me your honest evaluation of Westhoff's St the last three years, he had one good year and the rest have slid a bit each year...now is Tan a part of that problem, maybe so but more than likely his blocking schemes are being picked up better lately leaving not much room for playmakers to make plays

pretty bad stats I'll admit, but overall give me your honest evaluation of Westhoff's St the last three years, he had one good year and the rest have slid a bit each year...now is Tan a part of that problem, maybe so but more than likely his blocking schemes are being picked up better lately leaving not much room for playmakers to make plays

Did you forget i started the "fire westoff" thread?

Archived