anyone been to Mets New field?

afosomf

Its nice there, the food is amazing, get the burgers and the tacos. The tickets are reasonable, but all the seats give good views, so even cheap seats will give you a nice view of the game. I went to the game last night, sat by first base line.

Mets fans have been complaining about seat obstructions and the lack of Mets stuff on WFAN for a few weeks now.

Have you been to Citi field to see it for youself? The only obstructions to the action is if you're sitting on one of the high levels you cant see down the first base line, other than that the visibility is fine. You can see all the action at the plate and around from anywhere in the stadium, even when you're walking around looking for food. Their overhangs dont even look like an overhang, it doesnt obstruct much of anything. All in all its a fan friendly ball park, the action is very close to the seats...as close as I was if that ump blew a giant fart I'dve been killed

24pja6r.jpg

2s8oktz.jpg

qp15cl.jpg

The only thing I hate about Citi Field is that once you're inside, if you didnt know you were at a METS homegame then you'd think you were someplace else. Other than the tiny METS insignia behind the plate, the park is pretty much devoid of orange and blue. Nothing but advertisements, not to mention the seats are green and the Hospitalit management people wear green as well.

I like the Mets ball park but I dont know...The Yankees park is great but it doesnt remind me of the old Yankee ball park... @ all. It looks more like a Cleveland Indians ball park as far as the field and stands go. What happen to the area around home plate stretching out long? Now it looks more like a square

Have you been to Citi field to see it for youself? The only obstructions to the action is if you're sitting on one of the high levels you cant see down the first base line, other than that the visibility is fine. You can see all the action at the plate and around from anywhere in the stadium, even when you're walking around looking for food. Their overhangs dont even look like an overhang, it doesnt obstruct much of anything. All in all its a fan friendly ball park, the action is very close to the seats...as close as I was if that ump blew a giant fart I'dve been killed

24pja6r.jpg

2s8oktz.jpg

qp15cl.jpg

The only thing I hate about Citi Field is that once you're inside, if you didnt know you were at a METS homegame then you'd think you were someplace else. Other than the tiny METS insignia behind the plate, the park is pretty much devoid of orange and blue. Nothing but advertisements, not to mention the seats are green and the Hospitalit management people wear green as well.

Yes I have. The staircases obstruct the field especially when people are constantly walking up them, should of went with portals, also the LED board obstructs a good portion of the field, all the other complaints are from blind spots.

I'll post pictures in a little bit.

The Staircases are really the only significant flaw with Shea, and that only really affects the first couple seats by the staircases most of the time. Of course, not any worse of a design flaw then the Yankees wonderful seats in Centerfield ;) (Sorry, had to).

The LED Boards you mentioned are not that bad at all, they raised the first row of seats to address it....and many fans are standing most of the game anyways.

Most of the talk on WFAN hasn't had to do with that, but rather blindspots, where you're sitting in Left Field and you can't see the warning track in front of you. But little do these fans know that in every single stadium built in the last 20 years has the same thing. It's just something that is new to Mets fans because Shea Stadium had every seat ridiculously far away from the field that it was never an issue before.

The Staircases are really the only significant flaw with Shea, and that only really affects the first couple seats by the staircases most of the time. Of course, not any worse of a design flaw then the Yankees wonderful seats in Centerfield ;) (Sorry, had to).

At least those seats are only $5.

Those seats are great because there right on top of the action, but be prepared for not so great sight lines.

I just wanna catch a home run ball. I've been to many baseball games in my life but never got a souvenir. I almost caught one @ a Scranton Wilkes Barre AAA game, but my ex took my head off to catch it for himself. *******.

I just wanna catch a home run ball. I've been to many baseball games in my life but never got a souvenir. I almost caught one @ a Scranton Wilkes Barre AAA game, but my ex took my head off to catch it for himself. *******.

What a dick, LOL..

It would take a pretty good shot to get a ball in the porch. I know it kinda hangs over the field, but that OF is huge.

my brother has caught 2 baseballs both in toronto

I almost had one in Montreal

a line drive that I dove for with a leather jacket on no less, hit my palm

and then rolled between my son's legs to another dude

What a dick, LOL..

It would take a pretty good shot to get a ball in the porch. I know it kinda hangs over the field, but that OF is huge.

Delgado hit one up there the first night against the Padres. A couple of foul balls came my way but no luck. :(

my brother has caught 2 baseballs both in toronto

I almost had one in Montreal

a line drive that I dove for with a leather jacket on no less, hit my palm

and then rolled between my son's legs to another dude

Man that sucks. Nothing worse than having it in the palm of your hands, only to have it snatched away my momentum. Cruel fate.

Archived