should Swisher be switched to the bullpen?

Blackout

Nothing to discuss...Your just another Yankee fan who's jumping the gun after the first week of the season...the Yankees bullpen will be good because you all have starting pitching that can go deep into the games...Give it some time and stop thinking the worst already.

This thread is a joke

Pretty sure it was a joke...

Yeah but you Yankee fans have always been quick to jump the gun when things go down hill...It's ONLY the first week and 1/2 of the season and Yankee fans are calling for the Manager's head because of some bullpen problems. Starting to sound like Tampa Bay fans lol

It's not only Yankee fans, it's all fans. Every fan base has people who react game by game, the seasons over 1 game, we're on our way to the World Series the next. This time yesterday I'm sure all the same people going crazy over this loss today where jumping for joy yesterday. Besides 1 loss in the L column, not much has changed since yesterday.

It's not only Yankee fans, it's all fans. Every fan base has people who react game by game, the seasons over 1 game, we're on our way to the World Series the next. This time yesterday I'm sure all the same people going crazy over this loss today where jumping for joy yesterday. Besides 1 loss in the L column, not much has changed since yesterday.

Yeah, the Rays actually have the same record this year as they did @ the same point of last year with a record of 4-5 so I'm honestly not worried, I just dont think that Baltimore and the Jays have the overall starting pitching to keep up with the Red Sox, Rays and Yankees here in 09, so in my eyes...It's going to be a 3 team race between the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox. A win today would be nice for the Rays with Niemann on the mound, getting back to .500 and then we have our 3 best pitchers to finish off this 4 game series with the White Sox in Shields, Kazmir and Garza. Am I calling for a 4 game sweep? Nah, I learned my lesson with the Yankees series but I have faith that they can get it done. 8-5 would be really nice heading into our next series but it all starts tonight.

What should change is Jose Veras' address to a Scranton zip code.

Your a good baseball poster... and I really dont mean to bust your balls...

One game is VERY important...

2008 - Lost division by 8 games

2007 - Lost division by 2 games

2006 - Won division by 10 games

2005 - Won division by a TIEBREAKER

2004 - Won division by 3 games

and on... and on... and on

1 game in a long season like baseball makes all the difference... letting these early few games get away could be the difference at the end of the year...

Joba Chamberlain should be in the bullpen handling the 8th with Bruney & Marte doing the work in the 6th & 7th if need be.

Please stop this.

Joba in the bullpen is the most asinine topic of discussion ever.

1. Starters can throw 200+ innings a season. Closers rarely break 100.

Joba is one of the Yankees best pitchers, you want him to throw as many innings as possible over the course of the season.

2. The 7th/8th/9th Innings are not any more important than 1-6.

You can put a weaker pitcher in your rotation who will give up more runs early in a game and force your bullpen to pitch more often and with more deficits. Or, you can have a more effective starter who gives up less runs, requires a bit less use of your bullpen, and leaves your bullpen a little more margin for error.

3. If Joba is going to pitch the 8th, by the same logic, shouldn't CC be pitching the 7th? Burnett in the long relief?

You put your five best starters in the rotation. Joba is one of those five, so that's where he will be.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Joba in the bullpen hurts this team, because there won't be as many leads for him to protect from the bullpen if we have to slot in a lesser pitcher in the rotation.

Please stop this.

Joba in the bullpen is the most asinine topic of discussion ever.

1. Starters can throw 200+ innings a season. Closers rarely break 100.

Joba is one of the Yankees best pitchers, you want him to throw as many innings as possible over the course of the season.

2. The 7th/8th/9th Innings are not any more important than 1-6.

You can put a weaker pitcher in your rotation who will give up more runs early in a game and force your bullpen to pitch more often and with more deficits. Or, you can have a more effective starter who gives up less runs, requires a bit less use of your bullpen, and leaves your bullpen a little more margin for error.

3. If Joba is going to pitch the 8th, by the same logic, shouldn't CC be pitching the 7th? Burnett in the long relief?

You put your five best starters in the rotation. Joba is one of those five, so that's where he will be.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Joba in the bullpen hurts this team, because there won't be as many leads for him to protect from the bullpen if we have to slot in a lesser pitcher in the rotation.

Thank God I checked the second page before I wrote that too.

Joba Chamberlain should be in the bullpen handling the 8th with Bruney & Marte doing the work in the 6th & 7th if need be.

Oh christ this again? Joba should stay where he is--the #5 starter.

Oh christ this again? Joba should stay where he is--the #5 starter.

Why not move Joba up in the rotation? I would go...

C.C Sabathia as the #1 Ace. (I feel the Yankees over paid for the man, but he's proven to be a #1 ace through out his career.

Burnett as my #2 because when the man is on fire...He's not going to give up 3+ runs which should give the Yankees lineup a chance to win each and every start.

Wong #4 (Bad start here in 09, but he's a proven winner when 100% healthy) And when Wang has the sinker ball breaking down...The man doesn't allow base hits and when he does, double plays can happen with runners on base. Would be the most reliable #4 pitcher in the game today and that could be huge for a 7 game playoff series.

Joba as my #3 for the simple fact he has the potential and talent with 3 tough pitches to become the Yankees #1 Ace over the next two seasons of work. Have him as the #2 next year and use his overall talent and ability to become the Yankees ace the following season.

Have Pettitte as the #5 starter in the roation because he's getting up there in age and at the same time, he's a veteran pitcher who knows how to win under pressure, in the playoffs and would also be one of the most reliable #5 pitchers in the game today.

Overall, I would go...

C.C

Burnett

Joba

Wong

Pettitte

The reason is because If I were a Yankees fan, I would like to see C.C #1 next year followed by Joba, Burnett as the #3, Wong as the #4 and Hughes as the #5 and let Pettitte either walk or retire a Yankee.

By the end of This year...I hope the Rays rotation looks like this

Kazmir

Shields

Price

Garza

Sonnanstine

And by next year I would love Kazmir, Price, Shields, Garza and move Sonnanstine into the role of a LRF out of the bullpen and call have Wade Davis (Top prospect) as our 5th man

Next year

Kazmir

Price

Shields

Garza

Davis

One thing is for sure...Pitching in the AL East will be elite for years to come. Kazmir is still the youngest pitcher on the team and Price will be the youngest once he gets called up. Shields is the OLDEST I believe at 27 or maybe 28

C.C Sabathia as the #1 Ace. (I feel the Yankees over paid for the man, but he's proven to be a #1 ace through out his career.

Burnett as my #2 because when the man is on fire...He's not going to give up 3+ runs which should give the Yankees lineup a chance to win each and every start.

Wong #4 (Bad start here in 09, but he's a proven winner when 100% healthy) And when Wang has the sinker ball breaking down...The man doesn't allow base hits and when he does, double plays can happen with runners on base. Would be the most reliable #4 pitcher in the game today and that could be huge for a 7 game playoff series.

Joba as my #3 for the simple fact he has the potential and talent with 3 tough pitches to become the Yankees #1 Ace over the next two seasons of work. Have him as the #2 next year and use his overall talent and ability to become the Yankees ace the following season.

Have Pettitte as the #5 starter in the roation because he's getting up there in age and at the same time, he's a veteran pitcher who knows how to win under pressure, in the playoffs and would also be one of the most reliable #5 pitchers in the game today.

Overall, I would go...

C.C

Burnett

Joba

Wong

Pettitte

The reason is because If I were a Yankees fan, I would like to see C.C #1 next year followed by Joba, Burnett as the #3, Wong as the #4 and Hughes as the #5 and let Pettitte either walk or retire a Yankee.

Joba is a #5 this year because the 5th starter gets skipped more in the rotation, thus leaving him more opportunities to rest. The Yankees don't want him pitching 200 innings. He's on a count.

Next year, he'll be all set to go as probably the 3rd starter with no limits (if everything goes according to plan this year).

Overall, I would go...

C.C

Burnett

Joba

Wong

Pettitte

By the end of This year...I hope the Rays rotation looks like this

Kazmir

Shields

Price

Garza

Sonnanstine

And by next year I would love Kazmir, Price, Shields, Garza and move Sonnanstine into the role of a LRF out of the bullpen and call have Wade Davis (Top prospect) as our 5th man

Next year

Kazmir

Price

Shields

Garza

Davis

One thing is for sure...Pitching in the AL East will be elite for years to come. Kazmir is still the youngest pitcher on the team and Price will be the youngest once he gets called up. Shields is the OLDEST I believe at 27 or maybe 28

What exactly does re-arranging the rotation accomplish? At the end of the year they'll all still have 33 or so starts.

Archived