Rex Says Kellen Had An" Outstanding" Practice Today

greekjetsfan128

IDK Step, it's not often that we almost to a man and woman on the boards actually SEE something from an unknown like we did with Trusnik-we SAW the spark he provided-when was the last time we saw an unknown guy do that for us?

Don't know how to answer that one. How big a spark are you talking?

Elam sparked a bit...So did Brad Smith when we needed to keep a drive going. You get my point...

But if you are referring to the little sparkplug #80, than no we haven't seen that kind of hin in a while. And I doubt we ever see it again.

well.....in my honest opinion. all other things equal, clemens probably gives us the best chance to win. he has 1/2 a seasons experience running an offense against real nfl defenses. unless ratty really outshines clemens i'd say he has the upper hand in any competition. and, i sincerely hope i'm wrong on this, but i don't believe clemens has what it takes to lead an nfl offense. ratliff is an unknown, but if he does start you can expect 3-4 wins unless our defense really becomes elite....then maybe we'll get to 6 wins. with clemens i'd say our ceiling is 8 wins with a dominant defense.

well.....in my honest opinion. all other things equal, clemens probably gives us the best chance to win. he has 1/2 a seasons experience running an offense against real nfl defenses. unless ratty really outshines clemens i'd say he has the upper hand in any competition. and, i sincerely hope i'm wrong on this, but i don't believe clemens has what it takes to lead an nfl offense. ratliff is an unknown, but if he does start you can expect 3-4 wins unless our defense really becomes elite....then maybe we'll get to 6 wins. with clemens i'd say our ceiling is 8 wins with a dominant defense.

A "dominant" defense and anything in single digits would be a letdown...

A "dominant" defense and anything in single digits would be a letdown...

agreed. If Clemens can win what 3 out of 8 games playing behind 3/5 of an OL then I feel he can win us 9 and maybe the defense and special teams can steal us 2 more we can make the playoffs

I think you are a little pesimistic. Compared to 2007, when he won 3 out of 8 games on a horrible 4-12 team, Clemens will have a much better o-line, a solid running game, possibly better targets (asuming Keller progresses and Clowney and /or a drafted WR steps up) and a much, much better defense and he is more experienced (let's hope his 2008 pre-season performance was a hiccup). Ratliff is the wildcard. I know there are some ifs, but I think this team will do very well with Clemens, and possibly even better if Ratliff shines. I think Clemens has a better chance to succeed, but Ratliff has more upside.

That's surprising, a fist-time head coach who is in New York being criticized for not getting an established QB saying that his QB looked great.

And definitely a blowout so far:

Ratliff went 8-for-12 in total in the 7-on-7

IDK Step, it's not often that we almost to a man and woman on the boards actually SEE something from an unknown like we did with Trusnik-we SAW the spark he provided-when was the last time we saw an unknown guy do that for us?

Agreed. I also saw it with Devito.

Come on, are we gonna do this all camp, let me now when someone does better than the other one. I will say, I'm happy that they both played well and not vice versa........but let's be honest, they could both be 1 for 16 and REX will say, "I think they both showed a lot of zip on the ball, just one of those days" LOL

what some of the press were talking about was the presence he showed, you know LM that swagger all the good ones display-hey I could care less which one has "it" as long as it's SOMEBODY under Mangold

what some of the press were talking about was the presence he showed, you know LM that swagger all the good ones display-hey I could care less which one has "it" as long as it's SOMEBODY under Mangold

The only thing we know for sure is Ainge is toast. ;)

the reason he's out DM is his uncle Danny had a heart attack-at 50 bro....that's where he is

I'm not so sure. I think everybody has been ridiculous ripping Ainge without knowing the facts, but Danny Ainge had his heart attack Thursday morning and Erik Ainge has been missing from camp since around March 26. I don't think he's spent all that time by Danny's side and I doubt there was advance notice of the heart attack.

I'm not so sure. I think everybody has been ridiculous ripping Ainge without knowing the facts, but Danny Ainge had his heart attack Thursday morning and Erik Ainge has been missing from camp since around March 26. I don't think he's spent all that time by Danny's side and I doubt there was advance notice of the heart attack.

IDK maybe he heard his uncle isn't doing too well before the HA-who knows Dom, we'll find out and THIS HC isn't anal retentive about being so secretive

IDK maybe he heard his uncle isn't doing too well before the HA-who knows Dom, we'll find out and THIS HC isn't anal retentive about being so secretive

Doubt it... but it really does not matter anyways...

I really dont understand the love for ratty, he was good in a preseason against 2nds and 3rds. Colt Brennan/Sennaca Wallace/David Carr also had great preseasons and at least Carr is not an NFL qb, preseason doesn't mean anything.

There really is no discussion, Clemens will be the starter. its the last year of his rookie contract, they want to see if he has what it takes just like the packs did with rodgers so they can sign him to a long term contract.

I really dont understand the love for ratty, he was good in a preseason against 2nds and 3rds. Colt Brennan/Sennaca Wallace/David Carr also had great preseasons and at least Carr is not an NFL qb, preseason doesn't mean anything.

There really is no discussion, Clemens will be the starter. its the last year of his rookie contract, they want to see if he has what it takes just like the packs did with rodgers so they can sign him to a long term contract.

and.....we're all OK with that...I hope he wins the MVP award and hoists the SB trophy-just as I would hope that for whoever the Jets QB happens to be

Archived