CALL UP PHIL FRANCHISE!

Morrissey

Phil Hughes is only good in AAA. Once he gets here he'll wet the ****ing bed like he's done in the past. Same with Ian Kennedy. Was it the fact that he stunk or the fact that he was injured the reason he was sent down last year? I cant remember.

Phil Hughes is only good in AAA. Once he gets here he'll wet the ****ing bed like he's done in the past. Same with Ian Kennedy. Was it the fact that he stunk or the fact that he was injured the reason he was sent down last year? I cant remember.

He finished the 2008 season in the Yankees rotation, he was injured early in the year, with a broken rib.

His last start (Sep. 24)

8 IP- 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K

He finished the 2008 season in the Yankees rotation, he was injured early in the year, with a broken rib.

His last start (Sep. 24)

8 IP- 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K

I remember he got injured in a game while doing his throwing motion last year, but I also remember him & Kennedy sucking in a couple of games

tick tock..tick tock

getting close to ticking both janks and mess

Why do you insist on using stupid nicknames? For everything... its funny every once and a while... but not in every damn post...

I swear your like having to deal with a clique of 13 year old girls with their own language sometimes...

10 games. Wang is too proven a pitcher to be sent down just yet.

Disagree, he's completely out of whack, we can't continue to let put our offense in a hole, and put such a burden on our bullpen. It doesn't only effect the games he pitches in. Now we have to pray Burnett gives as another 8 innings.

There not sure how he got a broken rib, but he did pitch with it early in the season.

LOl Oh I remember now, he said he got a broken rib "sneezing" or "coughing" or some idiotic excuse he fed them. He aggravated it while throwing a pitch and was taken out of the game.

LOl Oh I remember now, he said he got a broken rib "sneezing" or "coughing" or some idiotic excuse he fed them. He aggravated it while throwing a pitch and was taken out of the game.

Pretty sure thats when he found out he had a broken rib, because it hurt when he sneezed.

Why do you insist on using stupid nicknames? For everything... its funny every once and a while... but not in every damn post...

I swear your like having to deal with a clique of 13 year old girls with their own language sometimes...

The Red Sux and Vaginatek say hi.

Disagree, he's completely out of whack, we can't continue to let put our offense in a hole, and put such a burden on our bullpen. It doesn't only effect the games he pitches in. Now we have to pray Burnett gives as another 8 innings.

Yeah but many times that can be fixed in a bullpen session or two. With Joba having mixed results and CC not at the top of his game yet I am not sure the Yanks wanna chance a Hughes blow up at the Major League level without giving Wang a little more rope.

Pretty sure thats when he found out he had a broken rib, because it hurt when he sneezed.

No, I clearly remember Michael Kay discussing it & being sarcastic when he said Phil Hughes was done. He said he ( Phil) told the Yanks that he broke his ribs while Sneezing or Coughing, one of the two, when they asked him how he had a broken rib all of a sudden.

No, I clearly remember Michael Kay discussing it & being sarcastic when he said Phil Hughes was done. He said he ( Phil) told the Yanks that he broke his ribs while Sneezing or Coughing, one of the two, when they asked him how he had a broken rib all of a sudden.

Okay, I guess I'll just take you by your word, but what does that prove?

tick tock...tick tock

He HAS TO be better than Wang right now though. Even if he puts up a 6.00 ERA, it will be an improvement.

The Yanks now have 2 serious issues in the rotation (actually, 1 serious and another grave).

The grave situation is Wang. He's an idiot. The reason I say that is that his mechanics is out of wack, the pitching coach corrects them in between starts, and then Wang goes back to his bad mechanics in games. His mindset is also shot right now.

The serious situation is Joba. Hankenstein insists that Joba should be starting, ignoring the glaring difference between his ERA, Batt. Av. Against, and Opposing OPS for relieving vs. starting. Joba is a mediocre starter and a very good reliever. If Wang wasn't such a basket case I'd want Phil to start and Joba to go back to the pen.

The Yanks now have 2 serious issues in the rotation (actually, 1 serious and another grave).

The grave situation is Wang. He's an idiot. The reason I say that is that his mechanics is out of wack, the pitching coach corrects them in between starts, and then Wang goes back to his bad mechanics in games. His mindset is also shot right now.

The serious situation is Joba. Hankenstein insists that Joba should be starting, ignoring the glaring difference between his ERA, Batt. Av. Against, and Opposing OPS for relieving vs. starting. Joba is a mediocre starter and a very good reliever. If Wang wasn't such a basket case I'd want Phil to start and Joba to go back to the pen.

What the hell are you talking about? He was great as a starter last year and so far this year he has 1 good start and one bad one. Joba is, will and has always been a starter.

What the hell are you talking about? He was great as a starter last year and so far this year he has 1 good start and one bad one. Joba is, will and has always been a starter.

I think it was ESPN that had the graph, but Joba is being exposed.

He went from 37% swing misses (i.e. swing and no contact) in his first year to like 14% this year.

Batters are making contact with all his 'great' stuff.

Numerous starters that have transformed to closers have noted that it is totally different mindset. Joba cannot give 150% every pitch when he has to pitch 6-7 innings or he will burn himself out. He cannot use his 100MPH fastball too much.

Now, as a closer, Joba can go balls to the wall for an inning. Paps is the same way. When closing he can dial it up to 97. However, if he was a starter he would have to pace himself with a 92-94 fastball and mix in a splitter. Two totally different beats.

I think it was ESPN that had the graph, but Joba is being exposed.

He went from 37% swing misses (i.e. swing and no contact) in his first year to like 14% this year.

Batters are making contact with all his 'great' stuff.

Numerous starters that have transformed to closers have noted that it is totally different mindset. Joba cannot give 150% every pitch when he has to pitch 6-7 innings or he will burn himself out. He cannot use his 100MPH fastball too much.

Now, as a closer, Joba can go balls to the wall for an inning. Paps is the same way. When closing he can dial it up to 97. However, if he was a starter he would have to pace himself with a 92-94 fastball and mix in a splitter. Two totally different beats.

Those stats are from TWO GAMES (one of which he pitched very well in.) Talk about knee jerk reactions... You might want him moved to the pen as a Red Sox fan but the yankees aren't going to be doing that.

I remember he got injured in a game while doing his throwing motion last year, but I also remember him & Kennedy sucking in a couple of games

That was against the Rangers two years ago. He pulled a hammy in the 7th inning of a bid for a perfect game shortly after his call-up.

For the Joba to the Pen people here are his career numbers as a starter.

76IP 70H 31BB 83K 9.8 K/9 6 HR and a 3.08 ERA. Not missing bats my ass. Those numbers are great.

Joba belongs as a starter for the long term. The Yankees best chance to win a World Series this year is with Joba pitching the 8th inning. UNLESS one of the kids steps up and shows they can lock down the 8th in the same manner that is. Maybe Bruney proves he can do it but in a big spot (postseason) we will see...

Archived