CALL UP PHIL FRANCHISE!

Morrissey

Joba belongs as a starter for the long term. The Yankees best chance to win a World Series this year is with Joba pitching the 8th inning. UNLESS one of the kids steps up and shows they can lock down the 8th in the same manner that is. Maybe Bruney proves he can do it but in a big spot (postseason) we will see...

Huh? You don't want Yankees to win the WS?

Wow, 76 innings pitched as a starter?

When do they start casting the bust at Cooperstown?

What is your point? This discussion is about if Joba should be a starter or RP, not if he should be in cooperstown. The fact that is that he's been a very effective starting pitcher as the numbers I posted show.

Joba belongs as a starter for the long term. The Yankees best chance to win a World Series this year is with Joba pitching the 8th inning. UNLESS one of the kids steps up and shows they can lock down the 8th in the same manner that is. Maybe Bruney proves he can do it but in a big spot (postseason) we will see...
And the best chance for them to get to the postseason is to have Joba in the rotation where he can pitch the most innings and have the biggest impact on the season and thats what they are doing.

What is your point? This discussion is about if Joba should be a starter or RP, not if he should be in cooperstown. The fact that is that he's been a very effective starting pitcher as the numbers I posted show.

amy point is, and I thought this was fairly obvious, is that 76 innings is hardly a quantifiable number to make long range predictions upon.

Your "roommate" Mike would be able to tell you this. Once he is finished arguing with himself.

amy point is, and I thought this was fairly obvious, is that 76 innings is hardly a quantifiable number to make long range predictions upon.

Your "roommate" Mike would be able to tell you this. Once he is finished arguing with himself.

Again you're not addressing the point of the argument. Starter vs Reliever. If you want to have an argument with yourself about Joba sucking because he's only pitched 76 innings as a starter, fine. That's not what anyone else is talking about here.

Again you're not addressing the point of the argument. Starter vs Reliever. If you want to have an argument with yourself about Joba sucking because he's only pitched 76 innings as a starter, fine. That's not what anyone else is talking about here.

You gave stats that supposedly supported him as a starting pitcher. Those stats encompass 76 innings.

Are we really supposed to think those are substantive?

His ERA of over 5 and WHIP of 1.50 has been his issue this year.

He should be fine but 16 baserunner in 10 innings is a problem right now.

Those stats are from TWO GAMES (one of which he pitched very well in.) Talk about knee jerk reactions... You might want him moved to the pen as a Red Sox fan but the yankees aren't going to be doing that.

True, but it does not diminish the truthiness in what I said.

Joba was a wunderkind two years ago. He was dominant.

Even last year he was good, but all his stats went in the wrong direction from his first year. His WHIP went up. As did his ERA, hits allowed per 9 BBs allowed per 9 and base runners allowed. All the while his Ks per 9 went down. Granted, it is only two starts, but all though trends have continued.

Isn't "most innings" and "Joba Chamberlain" an oxymoron?

Yes.

Even last year he was good, but all his stats went in the wrong direction from his first year. His WHIP went up. As did his ERA, hits allowed per 9 BBs allowed per 9 and base runners allowed. All the while his Ks per 9 went down. Granted, it is only two starts, but all though trends have continued.

Yes.

Shouldn't you be worried about Lesters performance today?

News: Chien-Ming Wang's struggles are a mystery to him. New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi, however, sees things differently, and is undecided about right-hander's next start.

The soft-spoken 29-year-old from Taiwan said he has compared video of his performances from this season to last year, when was 8-2 with a 4.07 ERA in 15 starts before injuring his right foot June 15, and doesn't see a difference. "Everything is the same as last season," Wang said. "Nothing's wrong. Just keep working." But Girardi also watched video with his staff and thinks there are several things Wang can work on. "We looked at his hands, height of his leg kick, where his head is - if it's out of line - the angle of his arm. We looked at everything." Girardi said. "We had some healthy stuff that we saw.

We understand that we need to make some adjustments." Girardi believes Wang, who was 5-0 in April last year, deserves more leeway than an inexperienced pitcher, but he said the Yankees will have to make a decision about what to do with him soon. He said he hasn't spoken with Wang about it yet. "It's just difficult to go through, and you got to fight your way out," Girardi said. "We really feel he is capable of doing that. We've got to help him." Wang's next turn in the rotation is scheduled for Boston on Friday, and his preference is to make the start and work on his motion during regular side sessions. "I can pitch in that game. I want to pitch," Wang said.

Sounds like mechanics and it is normal that Wang is not seeing it.

OF COURSE his numbers went up. No one would get better numbers going from relieving to starting...

Archived