So we all agree, the old Yankee Stadium was better?

Matt39

The new stadium is an embarrassment. After sitting through a 14 run second inning in my $75 seats..I couldnt help but wonder what exactly I was paying for.

The new stadium is ugly. Its not Camden Yards.It's ****ing Sea World on steroids. There's no character, nothing intimidating and its as quiet as a cemetery.

Just an awful, awful job by the Yankees and its blowing uo in there faces....as no one is sitting in those 3k seats.

**** them

The new stadium is an embarrassment. After sitting through a 14 run second inning in my $75 seats..I couldnt help but wonder what exactly I was paying for.

The new stadium is ugly. Its not Camden Yards.It's ****ing Sea World on steroids. There's no character, nothing intimidating and its as quiet as a cemetery.

Just an awful, awful job by the Yankees and its blowing uo in there faces....as no one is sitting in those 3k seats.

**** them

You're overreacting to one bad game.

No. I have never been more embarrassed to pay for something in my life..

The Old Stadium was just much, much better. I hate the new one.

What specifically do you hate?

Great sight lines, frieze around the grandstand is beautiful, awesome video boards, concourses are huge, the Great Hall and limestone facade is majestic.

What specifically do you hate?

Great sight lines, frieze around the grandstand is beautiful, awesome video boards, concourses are huge, the Great Hall and limestone facade is majestic.

Its an amusement park. A cemetery is louder. Yankee Stadium is now a neutral sight.

The new yankee ball park doesnt even remind me of the old one, which is bad for baseball... Nothing a like. If anything...They shoulda built this ball park the same and had the playing field look exactly like the old one but they didnt and in my eyes...Its a failure

Reminds me A LOT about the old stadium when you're sitting in your seat, I've heard that from many people.

I suggest you actually go to the stadium before you judge it.

Its an amusement park. A cemetery is louder. Yankee Stadium is now a neutral sight.

It's not going to be as loud as the old stadium because of the open concourses, people at Citi Field have said the same, but I suspect there wasn't much to cheer about yesterday.

Here's what Max had to say about his first game at the new Stadium.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1239269&postcount=11

Yankee stadium is AMAZING. Sat in 210 because ticket prices are crazy. Great seats, great game. The stadium is beautiful, I know that sounds gay but it really is. Very fan friendly, the new video boards are simply amazing.

Just a great day. From the weather to the traffic to the game, everything was just perfect.

Ballpark is beautiful, but this place needs to be fixed in the off season, way to many home runs to RF.

I dont see what's beautiful about it.

Camden Yards is beautiful. Jacobs Field is beautiful. The new Yankee Stadium is Epcot Center. Just slightly more exciting.

I dont see what's beautiful about it.

Camden Yards is beautiful. Jacobs Field is beautiful. The new Yankee Stadium is Epcot Center. Just slightly more exciting.

I already told you. The frieze above the grandstand, the sight lines, the great hall, limestone exterior, the Yankee pictures, the museum, monument park.

BTW... Jacobs Field is nothing to write home about

I already told you. The frieze above the grandstand, the sight lines, the great hall, limestone exterior, the Yankee pictures, the museum, monument park.

Michael, posting while annoucning? Impressive.

Tell me about the aura and mystique please.

The new yankee ball park doesnt even remind me of the old one, which is bad for baseball... Nothing a like. If anything...They shoulda built this ball park the same and had the playing field look exactly like the old one but they didnt and in my eyes...Its a failure

Actually, I'm going to be with you here. They didn't give the field the same dimensions except for the "measurements" (down the lines, CF, the numbers they put on the walls), everything else is different. They didn't consider wind patterns. The bleachers are messed up.

The seats are too expensive, etc.

Oh, and the Frieze doesn't look right either.

Absolutely and it has become nauseating. Yankee Stadium is glorious any any alleged issues are entirely fixable. Citifield? Not so much per TD.;)

Citi Field has staircases that obstruct views all around the stadium, if they want to fix that, than I guess they have to knock them down and knock out sections to build portals. Having $5 obstructed seats in an isolated area is one thing, having premium seating obstructions around the whole ballpark is another. Ignore all you want, but it's a problem.

Citi Field has staircases that obstruct views all around the stadium, if they want to fix that, than I guess they have to knock them down and knock out sections to build portals. Having $5 obstructed seats in an isolated area is one thing, having premium seating obstructions around the whole ballpark is another. Ignore all you want, but it's a problem.

I am not ignoring as there is nothing I can do about it. I am sure if it is the problem you make it out to be it will have to be fixed. I am also not DEFENDING any stadium issues, (unlike you) until I see for myself. Everyone that I know that has been there has not complained.

Dude, I'd be throwing a fit if I paid $75 dollars for that game yesterday.

$75 is just cdrazy to go to any god-damned ball game that's not for a championship. fu*king unreal. maybe i'll take my kid to one game at citifield a year. when i was a kid we used to go to about 10 a year. i can't afford to start that tradition with my kids now. at least at citifield it'a a bit cheaper. but still figures 100 for 2 seats and then 30 for a couple sodas and beers. another 20 or 30 to eat and then a souvenire for the kid? over 200 just to see a ballgame? and don't forghet the gas and tolls and parking for me to get from central jersey to queens. so lets say it a 250 day. and my luck the mets play like crap that day. and what happens when my littel guy is old enough to go? over 300 for a trip to the ballpark? that's ludicrous. i'm not a phillies fan but i guess i'll just be taking my kids to alot of blueclaws games. it's a shame really.

It's still better than Shea.

Archived