Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Athletics @ Yankee Stadium

I want to give Gardner more time, he deserves a fair shot. Secondly, Even if Gardner continues to struggle, Melky isn't the answer in CF. Don't get swept up about 1 good game. He's not a good hitter.

Paging Austin Jackson. Paging Austin Jackson. Paging Austin Jackson.

AJax was decent last year and is overrated. Rush him and he's going to turn to crap.

This isn't some sort of knee jerk reaction. Read the front page of Nomaas. Gardner is the 3rd worse range amongst all qualified ML CFs.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/thtstats/main/index.php?view=fielding&linesToDisplay=50&qual_filter=1&season_filter%5B0%5D=2009&league_filter%5B0%5D=All&pos_filter%5B0%5D=8&Submit=Submit&orderBy=zone_rating&direction=ASC&page=1

also take a look at that. His RZR is the WORST out of all Centerfielders. Plus he has no Arm.

Melky at least we know what were getting from him, which is Average to Above-average defense in CF with a cannon arm.

I read NoMaas. They also said signing Burnett was a bad idea.

I also don't think we should call up Jackson, just that he's more likely the answer in CF down the line. Secondly. Jackson is a great athlete who picked baseball over basketball and is developing into a real nice hitter. I'd like to see him stay in AAA all year and compete for the job in Spring Training next year.

AJax is definitely the CF of the future. BUT for NOW, I don't think Gardner is the answer. Gardner is the speedy man off the bench to run for Matsui...

I read NoMaas. They also said signing Burnett was a bad idea.

I also don't think we should call up Jackson, just that he's more likely the answer in CF down the line. Secondly. Jackson is a great athlete who picked baseball over basketball and is developing into a real nice hitter. I'd like to see him stay in AAA all year and compete for the job in Spring Training next year.

I strongly agree with both points above.

Rushing Jackson to NY at this point is a major error in someone's thinking. Let him get a full season hitting against top prospects and former Major Leaguers in AAA. He will gain from the experience.