Jetnation Baseball forum

Scott Dierking

It used to be like going down to the corner pub, with your buddy who was a fan of another team. You traded barbs, showed a respect and at the end of the night, slapped each other on the bum and hit the sheets together.

All of a sudden this whole "PC" slipped in.

A Met fan comments on wind currents and home runs at the NYS-He has pinstriped jealousy

You point out that a minor leaguer's numbers just may, may not project to the bigs-You are the vilest human that has walked the face of the earth.

People just relax. Check your sensitivities at the door.

If you take baseball this seriously, maybe you should pick another hobby.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It used to be like going down to the corner pub, with your buddy who was a fan of another team. You traded barbs, showed a respect and at the end of the night, slapped each other on the bum and hit the sheets together.

A Met fan comments on wind currents and home runs at the NYS-He has pinstriped jealousy

You point out that a minor leaguer's numbers just may, may not project to the bigs-You are the vilest human that has walked the face of the earth.

idk why but yankees fans have such arrogance sometimes that they think anyone who says something negative about the team is just jealous. and if you don't like the team it's cause you're just jealous. they don't get that rooting against the team that's a "frontrunner" is just what alot of people do.

idk why but yankees fans have such arrogance sometimes that they think anyone who says something negative about the team is just jealous. and if you don't like the team it's cause you're just jealous. they don't get that rooting against the team that's a "frontrunner" is just what alot of people do.

But the truth is some Mets fans are a lot more un-biased/reasonable then others.

SD is a schmuck who will fight against any reason or ignore anything that my present something different to his POV.There's plenty of Mets fans and BoSox fans that I can speak to on here in a normal fashion.

Perhaps this thread should be more of an introspective look at what a biased retard this guy is.

It's not "all" fans, but is reflective of some recent fans here.

There seems to be an entitlement that they perceive themselves and their team to have, that is beyond any reproach.

Do I wish that my team had 26 titles? Absolutely (well maybe). Does that make me "jealous" because someone perceives me to belittle everything about their club, and then that some way reflects back on them as a person? ridiculous.

If I wanted to just pick,pick, pick-I could say "14", or Chien-Ming Wang, etc. There are easy targets if I just wanted to berate a team.

Maybe it has to do with constantly hearing about how "arrogant" we all are? I've been a Yankee fan since Horace Clarke and Ron Bloomberg. I've seen them play home games at the old old stadium, the "new" old stadium and Shea. I don't need to constantly be berated for being a frontrunner.

All Yankee fans are not alike. I hope all Met fans are not because I can remember plenty of douchebags explaining the superiority of Rey Ordonez over Jeter. They used all that great baseball jargon and statistical matrixes and everything!

Maybe it has to do with constantly hearing about how "arrogant" we all are? I've been a Yankee fan since Horace Clarke and Ron Bloomberg. I've seen them play home games at the old old stadium, the "new" old stadium and Shea. I don't need to constantly be berated for being a frontrunner.

All Yankee fans are not alike. I hope all Met fans are not because I can remember plenty of douchebags explaining the superiority of Rey Ordonez over Jeter. They used all that great baseball jargon and statistical matrixes and everything!

To people who love to bash the yankees... yes they are.

I think it's funny, because if you post ANYTHING that might contradict SD's line of thinking he feels the need to bury it and destroy to show his superior baseball knowledge and how much more intelligent he is because he is not a Yankee fan. Please.

I am all for ball busting. This site was set up to encourage that. But if anyone's sole intent is to just flame so to speak, that is not a good thing.

It's not "all" fans, but is reflective of some recent fans here.

There seems to be an entitlement that they perceive themselves and their team to have, that is beyond any reproach.

I'm not sure how much of this has to do with the new stadium discussion, but I'd bet it's a lot. I haven't like the idea of changing the stadium, but I'm a conservative and don't like the thought that my cathedral of baseball has turned into a shopping mall complete with Applebee's. Lost in that whole bull**** is that Matt's original post stated "we can all agree" and then the Fight Club guy was berated because he supposedly couldn't accept a differing opinion. He had a differing opinion and got bashed.

We all know how things work around here.

Some select individuals think this is a Yankees forum that occasionally gets trolled by Tigers, Mets & Red Sox Fans. Some people think that the Yankees are the only team in baseball and without them, MLB would fold. Some select individuals think that if anyone says anything critical about the Yankees, their team, their management, their stadium, or as much as comments as to an inning of a game, they're "Yankee Haters".

Enough already, it's all in good, clean fun. There's no need for pouting, arrogance, whining or complaining. If you give then you'd better be ready to get. If you get, then turn around and give some smack out.

There's no doubting the success of the Yankees franchise, no one is arguing that. They have great tradition, a history of success for the most part, and 26 world titles. (as I was quickly reminded last week :) ) Don't take it personal when people mess with the Yankees already. That goes for Mets & Red Sox fans as well.

I talked smack about the 14 last week and some responded nicely with 26 and 1984. That's funny stuff and well deserved. No hard feelings at all, I knew it was coming the second I posted the thread. The whole point was some friendly ribbing.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill around here. It's a freaking game, that's it. The reason that people seize on Yankee misery when it comes about is because watching the schools of Yankees Pirahna attack afterwards is worth its weight in gold.

I was 10 the last time the Tigers won the WS. I don't expect a WS ring anytime soon in the Detroit clubhouse, nor do I expect the Tigers to make a serious run against the Yanks, Red Sox or other AL powers this year. That doesn't I can't have a little fun throughout the season though.

If you take anything against your respective team personally, whether it be the Yanks, Mets or others, you need to step away as Dierking said.

We all know how things work around here.

Some select individuals think this is a Yankees forum that occasionally gets trolled by Tigers, Mets & Red Sox Fans. Some people think that the Yankees are the only team in baseball and without them, MLB would fold. Some select individuals think that if anyone says anything critical about the Yankees, their team, their management, their stadium, or as much as comments as to an inning of a game, they're "Yankee Haters".

Enough already, it's all in good, clean fun. There's no need for pouting, arrogance, whining or complaining. If you give then you'd better be ready to get. If you get, then turn around and give some smack out.

There's no doubting the success of the Yankees franchise, no one is arguing that. They have great tradition, a history of success for the most part, and 26 world titles. (as I was quickly reminded last week :) ) Don't take it personal when people mess with the Yankees already. That goes for Mets & Red Sox fans as well.

I talked smack about the 14 last week and some responded nicely with 26 and 1984. That's funny stuff and well deserved. No hard feelings at all, I knew it was coming the second I posted the thread. The whole point was some friendly ribbing.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill around here. It's a freaking game, that's it. The reason that people seize on Yankee misery when it comes about is because watching the schools of Yankees Pirahna attack afterwards is worth its weight in gold.

I was 10 the last time the Tigers won the WS. I don't expect a WS ring anytime soon in the Detroit clubhouse, nor do I expect the Tigers to make a serious run against the Yanks, Red Sox or other AL powers this year. That doesn't I can't have a little fun throughout the season though.

If you take anything against your respective team personally, whether it be the Yanks, Mets or others, you need to step away as Dierking said.

Great post, GOB. I have been a Yankee fan since the early 60s, and these threads are just becoming comical to the point of stupidity, which is what message boards are about, I guess. I find it entertaining to read the incessant arguing/posturing, but it's getting laborious. Plus, the Baseball Forum should not be a monarchy or monopoly.

So essentially, people have free cards to bash the Yanks but when Yankee fans bash another team or something else we're labeled arrogant, bandwagon, etc, etc. Got it.

No, it is when someone makes a comment on the Yankees, and you perceive that it HAS to be negative, and then you call that person a "retard"

You tell us whats wrong with that equation

Great post, GOB. I have been a Yankee fan since the early 60s, and these threads are just becoming comical to the point of stupidity, which is what message boards are about, I guess. I find it entertaining to read the incessant arguing/posturing, but it's getting laborious. Plus, the Baseball Forum should not be a monarchy or monopoly.

Potwn.

So essentially, people have free cards to bash the Yanks but when Yankee fans bash another team or something else we're labeled arrogant, bandwagon, etc, etc. Got it.

No, it is when someone makes a comment on the Yankees, and you perceive that it HAS to be negative, and then you call that person a "retard"

You tell us whats wrong with that equation

You guys don't get it. Yankee fans are arrogant bandwagoners. All other fans are just jealous. Except Scott Dierking. You are the most vile human on the planet. Is that the correct quote? I prefer Clark Gaines!

But the truth is some Mets fans are a lot more un-biased/reasonable then others.

SD is a schmuck who will fight against any reason or ignore anything that my present something different to his POV.There's plenty of Mets fans and BoSox fans that I can speak to on here in a normal fashion.

Perhaps this thread should be more of an introspective look at what a biased retard this guy is.

This, from the person who thought yesterday's discussion on wind currents at a new stadium was anti-Yankee in nature.

The reference that you make in your last sentence shows the immaturity you have. Call me a lot of things, and you would probably be right, but your casual reference to an affliction that no one has any control over is downright disgusting.

You can climb down off of your cross now, no one is saying that at all.

There are some Yankee fans who cannot tolerate any negative talk about the Yankees, and that's understandable. That's what being a fan is about. There are some Red Sox fans who feel the same way. Same thing with every team in baseball.

Oh, and that's enough of the name calling.

You guys don't get it. Yankee fans are arrogant bandwagoners. All other fans are just jealous. Except Scott Dierking. You are the most vile human on the planet. Is that the correct quote? I prefer Clark Gaines!

Don't put me in that boat, Dom. I sat through all those bad Yankee teams in the 60s, early 70s, etc. No matter how bad, they were still my team. Most Yankee fans have no concept that you could walk up to the box office on any given game day and buy box or general admission seats. Look at footage of Mickey's 500th home run. The Stadium is a quarter full.

no....i admittedly don't like the yankees and i like to see them lose. idk why but when a team spends 200 million/year it's fun to watch them fold. but somepeople wold say that i'd rather see the yankees lose than the mets win...which is nonsense. and yankees fans have a tendency to act like they're above it all when there are mets vs. yankees rivalry talk going on. they act like their team is too good to bother with it all. that sort of arrogance is what i'm talking about. instead of having fun with it all they just act like entitled douchebags. that's what gets to be annoying. just have fun with it and quit with the holier than thou high horse crap. btw, not saying you do this, just generalizing so i can make my point.

There are some Yankee fans who cannot tolerate any negative talk about the Yankees, and that's understandable. That's what being a fan is about. There are some Red Sox fans who feel the same way. Same thing with every team in baseball.

This might be a generational thing, Thor. Every rabid Yankee fan from my neighborhood spent half of the time picking the team apart or questioning moves. That's is what being a fan is all about, and what makes sports fun. The other half was spent goofing on the Mets.

I'm not sure how much of this has to do with the new stadium discussion, but I'd bet it's a lot. I haven't like the idea of changing the stadium, but I'm a conservative and don't like the thought that my cathedral of baseball has turned into a shopping mall complete with Applebee's. Lost in that whole bull**** is that Matt's original post stated "we can all agree" and then the Fight Club guy was berated because he supposedly couldn't accept a differing opinion. He had a differing opinion and got bashed.

Did I miss something?

Oh, stop it, please. Are you all that sensitive? Are people complaining to the Mods or something? I did that once. Someone called me a c-word. I can handle pretty much anything but that one. What's your excuse? People are complaining about "retard?" You do know that in this instance - actually all instances - it has nothing to do with the actual affliction! How 'bout gay? People complaining 'bout that? Stupid. 'Wanna cry over that one? Loser. Oh no! That one hurts! :rolleyes:

Oh, stop it, please. Are you all that sensitive? Are people complaining to the Mods or something? I did that once. Someone called me a c-word. I can handle pretty much anything but that one. What's your excuse? People are complaining about "retard?" You do know that in this instance - actually all instances - it has nothing to do with the actual affliction! How 'bout gay? People complaining 'bout that? Stupid. 'Wanna cry over that one? Loser. Oh no! That one hurts! :rolleyes:

Cafona?

This, from the person who thought yesterday's discussion on wind currents at a new stadium was anti-Yankee in nature.

The reference that you make in your last sentence shows the immaturity you have. Call me a lot of things, and you would probably be right, but your casual reference to an affliction that no one has any control over is downright disgusting.

I invite ANYONE to go look at the thread. It shows the true nature of what you intend to do at your "corner pub"

I posted something I read that I thought to myself "Hey interesting, as a Yankee fan I like to hear all theories about what's wrong with the new stadium."

And because it isn't laid ALL ON THE YANKEES here comes SD, Mr. Perfect baseball fan ripping my thread, THIS IS DUMB, THIS MAKES NO SENSE BLAH BLAH.

After various attempts at trying to say "This is interesting info and that if 3 months down the line it holds water it might actually be quite plausible."

NO IMPOSSIBLE, IT'S ALL THE YANKEES, THE WIND CURRENTS, I'M RIGHT.

I never even disagreed with the wind current argument, there could be 1 thing wrong, there could be 20 things wrong, but the mere fact that it was a theory different then yours you felt the need to blow it up and make someone look like a "stupid yankee fan".

Sure, I'm disgusting, you're wonderful, we get it.

I really don't care what you think, but the fact you're so disillusion that you're not anti-Yankee and then the fact you try to pin it on OTHER is crazy. Fish, Lil bit, Gimme, ND, etc, there are all guys I'll shoot the **** with and when we "argue" there's some give. You intend to bury someone, congrats, your an internet winner

Thor- You're right. But part of being a fan, and a fan of the game is to be able to argue and discuss the game. Not just be like THIS SUCK NO MATTER WHAT. That's my point.

This might be a generational thing, Thor. Every rabid Yankee fan from my neighborhood spent half of the time picking the team apart or questioning moves. That's is what being a fan is all about, and what makes sports fun. The other half was spent goofing on the Mets.

There is a difference. As a Yankee fan, you are allowed to pick apart the team and make negative comments. When a fan of another team does the same, many get defensive.

no....i admittedly don't like the yankees and i like to see them lose. idk why but when a team spends 200 million/year it's fun to watch them fold. but somepeople wold say that i'd rather see the yankees lose than the mets win...which is nonsense. and yankees fans have a tendency to act like they're above it all when there are mets vs. yankees rivalry talk going on. they act like their team is too good to bother with it all. that sort of arrogance is what i'm talking about. instead of having fun with it all they just act like entitled douchebags. that's what gets to be annoying. just have fun with it and quit with the holier than thou high horse crap. btw, not saying you do this, just generalizing so i can make my point.

I gotcha, and I know you know that I don't bash the Mets. Like Thor said, some fans tend to act retarded and that might be more casual/dumb fans.

Hell, Tampabay fan boy is a PERFECT example.

Here's the thing- I'm a baseball fan first, a Yankee fan a close second to that.

Don't put me in that boat, Dom. I sat through all those bad Yankee teams in the 60s, early 70s, etc. No matter how bad, they were still my team. Most Yankee fans have no concept that you could walk up to the box office on any given game day and buy box or general admission seats. Look at footage of Mickey's 500th home run. The Stadium is a quarter full.

I was kidding. I don't actually think SD is the most vile human on the planet either.

Did I miss something?

I don't think you did anything wrong, if that's what you mean. IIRC, you just started the thread.

Someone needs to kill your high horse and turn it's hooves into the glue that holds this community together.

Sometimes a banana is just a banana.

I was kidding. I don't actually think SD is the most vile human on the planet either.

I don't think you did anything wrong, if that's what you mean. IIRC, you just started the thread.

I put the "so we all agree" beginning just to annoy people. I didnt even realize the thread got ugly.

Someone needs to kill your high horse and turn it's hooves into the glue that holds this community together.

Sometimes a banana is just a banana.

LOL! Thor is still kind of, sort of, funny!

My Horse would stomp the sh*t out of you.

I gotcha, and I know you know that I don't bash the Mets. Like Thor said, some fans tend to act retarded and that might be more casual/dumb fans.

Hell, Tampabay fan boy is a PERFECT example.

Here's the thing- I'm a baseball fan first, a Yankee fan a close second to that.

i don't usually needlessly bash the yankees. i mean...yeah i root against them, but i don't just say ridiculous things due to hatred. i shouldn't even say i don't like the yankees......cause there are some players on the team i've liked, i just like to root against them. i do happeb to think the team has an unfair advantage in being able to spend SO MUCH money on their roster......that's the main reason i like to root against them. i usually root for the underdogs...it's more fun to see the top dogs go down.

i don't usually needlessly bash the yankees. i mean...yeah i root against them, but i don't just say ridiculous things due to hatred. i shouldn't even say i don't like the yankees......cause there are some players on the team i've liked, i just like to root against them. i do happeb to think the team has an unfair advantage in being able to spend SO MUCH money on their roster......that's the main reason i like to root against them. i usually root for the underdogs...it's more fun to see the top dogs go down.

Yup. Being a Yankee fan I look at it simply as if you're the guy on the block with the big house, nicest car, hottest wife you can be assured people are going to hate your guts. You just have more and you show it.

Billion dollar stadium

Highest paid athletes

Those 2 reasons alone make people dislike the team. I'm fine with that especially if other people want to REASONABLE argue things. Some are willing, others aren't, and the ones that aren't are the ones that get under my skin.

Archived