Jetnation Baseball forum

Scott Dierking

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all know how things work around here.

Some select individuals think this is a Yankees forum that occasionally gets trolled by Tigers, Mets & Red Sox Fans. Some people think that the Yankees are the only team in baseball and without them, MLB would fold. Some select individuals think that if anyone says anything critical about the Yankees, their team, their management, their stadium, or as much as comments as to an inning of a game, they're "Yankee Haters".

Enough already, it's all in good, clean fun. There's no need for pouting, arrogance, whining or complaining. If you give then you'd better be ready to get. If you get, then turn around and give some smack out.

There's no doubting the success of the Yankees franchise, no one is arguing that. They have great tradition, a history of success for the most part, and 26 world titles. (as I was quickly reminded last week :) ) Don't take it personal when people mess with the Yankees already. That goes for Mets & Red Sox fans as well.

I talked smack about the 14 last week and some responded nicely with 26 and 1984. That's funny stuff and well deserved. No hard feelings at all, I knew it was coming the second I posted the thread. The whole point was some friendly ribbing.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill around here. It's a freaking game, that's it. The reason that people seize on Yankee misery when it comes about is because watching the schools of Yankees Pirahna attack afterwards is worth its weight in gold.

I was 10 the last time the Tigers won the WS. I don't expect a WS ring anytime soon in the Detroit clubhouse, nor do I expect the Tigers to make a serious run against the Yanks, Red Sox or other AL powers this year. That doesn't I can't have a little fun throughout the season though.

If you take anything against your respective team personally, whether it be the Yanks, Mets or others, you need to step away as Dierking said.

ur team suks

mine team rocks

26 baby

26 world championzships WE won

suk it

Yup. Being a Yankee fan I look at it simply as if you're the guy on the block with the big house, nicest car, hottest wife you can be assured people are going to hate your guts. You just have more and you show it.

Billion dollar stadium

Highest paid athletes

Those 2 reasons alone make people dislike the team. I'm fine with that especially if other people want to REASONABLE argue things. Some are willing, others aren't, and the ones that aren't are the ones that get under my skin.

If those are reasons people have for hating the yankees, those people are f#cking pathetic. Especially Mets fans.

I can understand why Sox fans hate the Yankees. They are rivals. Everyone else is just a crybaby.

But I do enjoy watching teams get knocked off their pedestal.

But I dont hate the Yankees.

Yup. Being a Yankee fan I look at it simply as if you're the guy on the block with the big house, nicest car, hottest wife you can be assured people are going to hate your guts. You just have more and you show it.

I find it hilarious that you actually look at the success of your team, and project it on yourself.

That is what is most funny, and why I laugh at some of you.

Thanks for pointedly spelling how you think of yourself

I find it hilarious that you actually look at the success of your team, and project it on yourself.

That is what is most funny, and why I laugh at some of you.

Thanks for pointedly spelling how you think of yourself

Um, it's called "drawing a parallel"

ND noted about the unfair advantages and I drew a parallel, I don't think of myself as anything, that's how people view the team I cheer for.

But hey, make my comments into what you want, you seem to be good at that Spin Master.

I view myself as a baseball fan who likes to talk.

You view yourself as a bastion of virtue against the evil empire of the Yankees and their followers.

Yup, clearly I'M the delusional one.

Um, it's called "drawing a parallel"

ND noted about the unfair advantages and I drew a parallel, I don't think of myself as anything, that's how people view the team I cheer for.

But hey, make my comments into what you want, you seem to be good at that Spin Master.

I view myself as a baseball fan who likes to talk.

You view yourself as a bastion of virtue against the evil empire of the Yankees and their followers.

Yup, clearly I'M the delusional one.

I am sorry my opinion does not match yours, and I am sorry that hurts you.

I know, talking about wind currents, is flaming the Yankees. That comment somehow hurt you.

Why? Because of the person it came from. If ideas and opinions hurt you so much, put me on IGNORE and save the drama.

Originally Posted by Vicious89x View Post

Billion dollar stadium

Highest paid athletes

Those 2 reasons alone make people dislike the team. I'm fine with that especially if other people want to REASONABLE argue things. Some are willing, others aren't, and the ones that aren't are the ones that get under my skin.

:rolleyes:

We do not hate you because you are the guy with the nicest house, car or hottest wife.

We hate you because are that guy's third illegitimate cousin on your mom's side, but you act as if you are him and your **** don't stink.

I am sorry my opinion does not match yours, and I am sorry that hurts you.

I know, talking about wind currents, is flaming the Yankees. That comment somehow hurt you.

Why? Because of the person it came from. If ideas and opinions hurt you so much, put me on IGNORE and save the drama.

I never said it was.

I said you bashing others ideas is flaming not only the Yankees but the Yankees fan. But apparently that's tough for you to comprehend.

It doesn't bother me, but apparently being called a retard bothers you.

Seriously, go back an look at that thread. All I argued is it CANNOT be just dismissed, if it holds water in 3 months then it's plausible, at this point it's a THEORY. You're knocking it down as it being ridiculous. Eesh

:rolleyes:

We do not hate you because you are the guy with the nicest house, car or hottest wife.

We hate you because are that guy's third illegitimate cousin on your mom's side, but you act as if you are him and your **** don't stink.

LOL.

Clever.

We don't ****, we lay golden eggs. \:D/

I never said it was.

I said you bashing others ideas is flaming not only the Yankees but the Yankees fan. But apparently that's tough for you to comprehend.

It doesn't bother me, but apparently being called a retard bothers you.

Seriously, go back an look at that thread. All I argued is it CANNOT be just dismissed, if it holds water in 3 months then it's plausible, at this point it's a THEORY. You're knocking it down as it being ridiculous. Eesh

What thread are you talking about?

The thread I started yesterday about the possibility that HR's being up this year over last due to the fact that perhaps MLB has tinkered with balls again. Not a crazy thought as statistics show that HR's ARE up since being so low last year. It's tough to say here in the 1st 2 weeks but if 3 months from now #'s are still up ACROSS baseball and you throw in wind currents/different wall angels in Yankee stadium you can be assured that it's a factor into making the park into a band box.

The thread I started yesterday about the possibility that HR's being up this year over last due to the fact that perhaps MLB has tinkered with balls again. Not a crazy thought as statistics show that HR's ARE up since being so low last year. It's tough to say here in the 1st 2 weeks but if 3 months from now #'s are still up ACROSS baseball and you throw in wind currents/different wall angels in Yankee stadium you can be assured that it's a factor into making the park into a band box.

Where did it site that homeruns were "up".

I read that homeruns were "longer" by 5 ft or so.

Not trying to resurrect, but where was the data that HRs were up?

Sorry you're right, I "misremembered" I meant to say HR's are traveling further across baseball.

No problem.

Longer HR's could be a factor of a lot of things, particularly this short in the season-The parks where the games were, the weather, any number of things.

Exactly how did I attack you or the Yankees in that thread?

I'm relatively new to this forum and for whatever it's worth I think SD's posts are just lame.

I mean seriously, how much more of a broken record can you be:

proclivity to juice

lol Phil Hughes lol

Wash, rinse, repeat. To be fair Tyler Durden's unbridled optimism is equally irksome. When every other thread in this forum is about the Yanks then the Yankee hater contingency's default settings are going to be set to "troll."

I think the solution here is to make a thread called "Yankees prospect" and "Mets prospect" and fans of both teams can stay within the thread. Have one all encompassing thread for each team and you limit the trolls.

No problem.

Longer HR's could be a factor of a lot of things, particularly this short in the season-The parks where the games were, the weather, any number of things.

Exactly how did I attack you or the Yankees in that thread?

I'm saying you dismissed the theory immediately and refused to listen. That's all.

You insisted it was nothing but wind currents in the new park which I didn't dismiss.

Who cares at this point. You can reserve your opinions about me and that's fine by me.

I'm saying you dismissed the theory immediately and refused to listen. That's all.

You insisted it was nothing but wind currents in the new park which I didn't dismiss.

Who cares at this point. You can reserve your opinions about me and that's fine by me.

All I did was propose other options, which, SURPRISE the Yankees are admitting themselves today.

It wasn't my idea alone, as others have proffered it.

As I posted in that thread, think about the sensibility of mlb introducing a juiced ball. It would be pretty stupid in this environment.

I noticed you didn't respond to that.

BTW_how was ANY of that discussion, anti-Yankee, as you suggested?

I'm relatively new to this forum and for whatever it's worth I think SD's posts are just lame.

I mean seriously, how much more of a broken record can you be:

proclivity to juice

lol Phil Hughes lol

Wash, rinse, repeat. To be fair Tyler Durden's unbridled optimism is equally irksome. When every other thread in this forum is about the Yanks then the Yankee hater contingency's default settings are going to be set to "troll."

I think the solution here is to make a thread called "Yankees prospect" and "Mets prospect" and fans of both teams can stay within the thread. Have one all encompassing thread for each team and you limit the trolls.

You can do much worse than call me lame, and that has already been proven.

How 'bout we just start forums that state "Yeah, Team!"

You're repetitive, so you don't qualify as anything other than lame. Boring is another good one.

Man I just read some of your quality stuff in TD's "Call Up Phil Franchise" thread which you somehow managed to devolve the conversation to Joba: starter vs reliever. Classic.

You're repetitive, so you don't qualify as anything other than lame. Boring is another good one.

Man I just read some of your quality stuff in TD's "Call Up Phil Franchise" thread which you somehow managed to devolve the conversation to Joba: starter vs reliever. Classic.

I have made no statements that I am aware of whether Joba should be a starter or reliever, conclusively.

I honestly dont care

joba-chamberlain.jpg

Seriously, who wears that shirt?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I first saw this picture. For a guy with some money, why would you wear this shirt? For a guy with no money, why would you wear this shirt? It looks dumb as hell.

Archived