Jets Trade Rumor On WFAN

GFJET33

Benigno just reported that the jags wanna get a deal done today with the jets where the jets would send their 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks to the jags for their 1st rounder.

If they dont get it done today, the jags are asking for our 1st, 2nd, and 2010 3rd round pick in exchange for their 1st rounder.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what happens if they do this deal and Sanchez is off the board top 5... I guess they'd be comfortable with Maclin, Raji, Tyson Jackson or whoever else. I can definately see this trade happening by the way. I've done full mocks as the Jets and that 52 pick is in no man's land.

Benigno just reported that the jags wanna get a deal done today with the jets where the jets would send their 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks to the jags for their 1st rounder.

If they dont get it done today, the jags are asking for our 1st, 2nd, and 2010 3rd round pick in exchange for their 1st rounder.

call their bluff....

Wait until they are on the clock... and watch the price go DOWN.

There is no way we do this.

The only way it makes sense for us to move up in the draft and give up everything else in our draft is if we know the guy we want the most is on the board when we select. If we give up our entire draft to move 9 spots and our guy isn't there anymore when we select, the draft immediately goes to ****.

No team is stupid enough to actually execute a trade to move up until draft day. It is possible, however, that the Jets and Jags agree in principal to the deal if the guy the Jets want is still on the board at 8, and if he's not the Jets have the right to decline the trade. Although as AEC4 said, why not just wait to agree to a deal until draft day and theyre on the clock? Their asking price will have to go down if they don't like who's there and want to move down.

if the Jets make this deal they are looking for Sanchez and Crabtree. If both are gone they are happy with Tyson Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Beanie Wells, BJ Raji etc. bottom line there will be a player there at 8 who won't be there at 17. i'd do this deal... if the other teams want to leapfrog over 8 to get Sanchez, well best of luck to them...

Why would we do this?

a good part of it is about having a stud QB to sell seats in the new stadium. Woody Johnson craves a star franchise QB to run his team at almost any cost, as evidenced by favre last year, and going after cutler this offseason. its no secret he and tanny will do whatever it takes.

if the Jets make this deal they are looking for Sanchez and Crabtree. If both are gone they are happy with Tyson Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Beanie Wells, BJ Raji etc. bottom line there will be a player there at 8 who won't be there at 17. i'd do this deal... if the other teams want to leapfrog over 8 to get Sanchez, well best of luck to them...

Again, it would be incredibly stupid to execute this trade unless we know exactly who is going to be on the board at 8... If this is true at all, I hope it is just that we are looking to agree in principle to a trade, but have the right not to execute it if there is no one of interest still available at 8.

Again, it would be incredibly stupid to execute this trade unless we know exactly who is going to be on the board at 8... If this is true at all, I hope it is just that we are looking to agree in principle to a trade, but have the right not to execute it if there is no one of interest still available at 8.

+100

you have to wait till sanchez is there at 8 to make trade

FYI, that would leave the Jets with only 3 draft pics in the this draft.

If we trade up and end up drafting Maclin or Crabtree, it will immediately be one of the dumbest moves in franchise history, because we could have had Boldin or Edwards for a lesser cost.

Exactly... There's that too. Add it all up, us trading our entire draft to move up 9 spots in rd 1 is STUPID unless we know with absolute certainty who is going to be on the board at 8.

If we trade up and end up drafting Maclin or Crabtree, it will immediately be one of the dumbest moves in franchise history, because we could have had Boldin or Edwards for a lesser cost.

Gotta question the rationale, right?

According to reports, Tanny supposedly thinks that the 17th overall is "too much" to give up for Edwards or Boldin.

BUT, he's willing to give up the 17th, 2nd rounder & 4th rounder for Maclin/Crabtree???

Why rush it? Work out a trade in principle, and execute it on draft day if the chips fall the right way. We have absolutely nothing to gain by making this trade prior to draft day.

Like gangreenman wrote, this trade has to be in principle. Depending on how the draft pans out, if not it'll be a huge mistake IMO.

According to reports, Tanny supposedly thinks that the 17th overall is "too much" to give up for Edwards or Boldin.

BUT, he's willing to give up the 17th, 2nd rounder & 4th rounder for Maclin/Crabtree???

assinine..

The only thing I can think of is he wants Sanchez....He's the only one where this trade makes sense. But still not until we know he'll be on the board when our trade partner is scheduled to pick.

assinine..

Something doesn't smell right here.

I have to think that these "rumors" are coming out of the Jags camp because they're desperate to get out of the top 10 because of monetary reasons. They're trying to create a market.

FYI, that would leave the Jets with only 3 draft pics in the this draft.

well aware, and im leaning against this trade, but to play devils advocate here, this is one of the rare occasions where we really dont have too many glaring needs going into a draft, so this is the one year we can afford to make a gamble and get the best QB in the draft. Think about it, when was the last time we had a stud franchise QB??? its about time we get one.

Also, who knows, maybe we make another additional move or 2 to add more picks to this years draft.

The only thing I can think of is he wants Sanchez....He's the only one where this trade makes sense. But still not until we know he'll be on the board when our trade partner is scheduled to pick.

This trade, at this time, is sooooo wrong on so many different levels.

You don't trade to a spot in the draft 4 days before the draft for a specific player that will likely be taken 3 to 4 spots ahead of you.

Draft day trade when player is there is the ONLY move that makes sense.

So what? Last time the Jets traded up in the first was when we drafted Revis, and Harris. Tanny knows what he's doing when he trades up. Quality>>>>>>Quantity.

FYI, the Revis trade was for an IMMEDIATE starter. The Jets can get an immediate starter at 17. Heck, they could get 1 at 52.

BUT, in trading up to 8 for Sanchez, the Jets would have only 3 draft picks and they'd all be riding the bench in 2009.

Explain to me how that makes sense?

Tannenbaum might as well pull a Mike Ditka-Ricky Williams trade. Heck, it's worse because at Ditka got an immediate starter out of the trade.

Why would it take a 1st, 2nd & 4th to move up from 17 to 8? Judging from the NFL draft pick value chart, the Jags are getting the better end of that deal points wise. As for a 1st, 2nd & 2010 3rd, thats just ludicris. I don't understand why Jacksonville wants a deal done today when the Jets will PROBABLY only want to move up to 8th if Sanchez is there. If Sanchez were to go to Seattle or Cleveland, we're screwed in terms of giving up 2 picks to move up to get the guy who was already taken.

Archived