Jets Trade Rumor On WFAN

GFJET33

what happens if they do this deal and Sanchez is off the board top 5... I guess they'd be comfortable with Maclin, Raji, Tyson Jackson or whoever else. I can definately see this trade happening by the way. I've done full mocks as the Jets and that 52 pick is in no man's land.

1,2 & 4 for Maclin (who might not be there), Raji or Jackson is way over paying

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And it was also reported that the Jets were never seriously interested and never made a serious offer.

If you're serious about a player, you don't get "blown off" like some incompetent low level sales rep

You do if you play in the same conference as the team trading away the 25-year-old franchise QB and the team he is eventually dealt to is offering exactly what the Broncos wanted in exchange.

The only thing I can think of is he wants Sanchez....He's the only one where this trade makes sense. But still not until we know he'll be on the board when our trade partner is scheduled to pick.

Don't trade up without knowing who on the board especially in front of AL davis. The man dislike for the Jets and he just might draft sanchez at 7(If thats the target) and trade him to another team. IS Maclin worth that much too move up?

Bullspit. Everyone has a price. Hell, Bledsoe was traded to BUF within the same division a few years ago. If we are going to mortgage this draft on Sanchez with all his question marks, then they might as well have gone the full distance and did what needed to get done to get Cutler. He is better, more experience, and more gifted athletically than Sanchez and is still very young. Trading those picks for Sanchez is beyond wreckless, it's moronic. Given all the good moves this FO has made so far, I can't see them throwing it all in the garbage for Sanchez.

If the Broncos felt they were getting equal value from the Bears as they could have gotten from the Jets, they trade him out of the conference any day of the week. That is a total no-brainer.

i dunno. it depends on what the picks become... if they were gonna be busts then it's a great deal... I tend to believe picks are just picks and over the years the teams that trade down rather than take a star usually regret it...

even the Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams deal, look at who the redskins took with all those extra picks... it ended up being a wash...

Bullspit. Everyone has a price. Hell, Bledsoe was traded to BUF within the same division a few years ago. If we are going to mortgage this draft on Sanchez with all his question marks, then they might as well have gone the full distance and did what needed to get done to get Cutler. He is better, more experience, and more gifted athletically than Sanchez and is still very young. Trading those picks for Sanchez is beyond wreckless, it's moronic. Given all the good moves this FO has made so far, I can't see them throwing it all in the garbage for Sanchez.

Ok but to do that the Jets would have had to offer more than two first rounders a QB and a third rounder which was already an extreme price to play. Denver worked out a deal with the Bears and was done and didn't care who else wanted him there was no chance. You people act like their is some magical way that the Jets front office should be able to control every other front office in the league to do whatever is in the Jets best interest. It doesn't work that way.

Edit: Also when Bledsoe was traded he was old and washed up its a completely different situation.

I thought I heard it was a 1 , second and fifth if the Jets did it now. Make the trade with jaguars. If they wait till the day of the draft it will cost a 1, 2 and third.

If the Broncos felt they were getting equal value from the Bears as they could have gotten from the Jets, they trade him out of the conference any day of the week. That is a total no-brainer.

And if the Jets are willing to give that same compensation for Sanchez, then they'd obviously have offered alot more for Cutler who is by far and away superior in every aspect than Sancheza is or will ever be.

i hate this idea. this team has too many offensive holes to mortgage the whole draft on an unproven qb. if sanchez is there at 17 (not likely) then take him. but don't give up 3 picks to move up and take him. if he busts....the entire first draft for our new coach ends up being a bust....that's not good. i mean sure the entire draft coudl bust anyway......but 3 picks>1 pick in terms of chances of finding at least one decent starter.

You do if you play in the same conference as the team trading away the 25-year-old franchise QB and the team he is eventually dealt to is offering exactly what the Broncos wanted in exchange.

And being in the same conference means we play him and extra 4 times in his career..

I will concede that we would've had to slightly outbid the bears, but that's a far cry from being "blown off"

Why has nobody included TJones in this possible trade? Couldn't they use a solid back like him to complete a 1-2 punch with Jones-Drew?? Maybe TJ, our 1st, and our 4th for their #8?

Jones has zero trade value, and even if he did, it wouldn't be a full round higher than what we got him for two years ago when he still had two years left in him.

i hate this idea. this team has too many offensive holes to mortgage the whole draft on an unproven qb. .

#1QB, #1 WR and #2 TE is not too many holes. It's like 3 holes and Sanchez solves the most important problem on the whole team.

Wait, what? An SEC player is mediocre according to Troll?

Stop the presses! They are all Pro Bowlers.

I have never been impressed with Stafford. He really didn't do **** in college. All hype.

SEC players that PRODUCE in college = Pro Bowlers.

Get it right, Big Eleven blower.

i hate this idea. this team has too many offensive holes to mortgage the whole draft on an unproven qb. if sanchez is there at 17 (not likely) then take him. but don't give up 3 picks to move up and take him. if he busts....the entire first draft for our new coach ends up being a bust....that's not good. i mean sure the entire draft coudl bust anyway......but 3 picks>1 pick in terms of chances of finding at least one decent starter.

We have too many offensive holes? We have 2 and thats a #1 wideout (which unless we take Crabtree or Maclin a rookie won't help us his first year) and a blocking TE.

And if the Jets are willing to give that same compensation for Sanchez, then they'd obviously have offered alot more for Cutler who is by far and away superior in every aspect than Sancheza is or will ever be.

maybe this is true...but you have no way of really knowing this.

#1QB, #1 WR and #2 TE is not too many holes. It's like 3 holes and Sanchez solves the most important problem on the whole team.

SOLVES it??? Are you kidding? The guy will be a decent QB at best. He has played 16 college games. his own coach questions his readiness and you think giving away our entire draft for him SOLVES our problems!!?? Hell, doing this only compounds our problems and drags them out for the next 5 years.

And an average arm (red flag # 3) with some accuracy issues (red flag # 4).

You're absolutely right, we could have given DEN our 1st, 2nd, and next year's 3rd along with Clemens and gotten Cutler without a doubt. In return we would have received a proven young prospect who has already played in his first probowl. Giving this up for Sanchez is just plain idiotic.

Denver was not going to trade within the AFC, its a moot point. We never really had a chance at him although im sure tanny was willing to give up a lot for him.

Exactly.

This whole thing is a recipe for disaster.

Take a college QB with very little experience and throw him into the fire immediately, despite the fact that he has NO WEAPONS.

Sanchez to Cotchery and Clowney...I can taste the Lombardis already.

I thought I heard it was a 1 , second and fifth if the Jets did it now. Make the trade with jaguars. If they wait till the day of the draft it will cost a 1, 2 and third.

You are right, Joe said if deal is today it would be trade places in round 1, this years 2 and next years 5th.

maybe this is true...but you have no way of really knowing this.

Just as the people who think DEN didn't even want to hear our offer have no way of knowing. What I am saying is look at the logic-if our FO is willing to give up this entire draft practically for a kid with very little experience and alot of red flags in college, then why would they not have made a very serious push for Cutler and offered whatever it took to get the trade done? If we wanted a QB besides Clemens this badly I have no doubt we would have Cutler right now and given whatever it took to get it done.

SOLVES it??? Are you kidding? The guy will be a decent QB at best. He has played 16 college games. his own coach questions his readiness and you think giving away our entire draft for him SOLVES our problems!!?? Hell, doing this only compounds our problems and drags them out for the next 5 years.

Sorry, Boozer, but that's speculation. We don't know if Sanchez will be decent, suck, or great.

We DO know that Sanchez won't be the starter in 2009 and, thus, he DOES NOT solve the Jets QB issue.

In drafting Sanchez the Jets will be putting off whether they know if they have the QB of the future or not. In other words, it simply prolongs the issue.

Exactly.

This whole thing is a recipe for disaster.

Take a college QB with very little experience and throw him into the fire immediately, despite the fact that he has NO WEAPONS.

Sanchez to Cotchery and Clowney...I can taste the Lombardis already.

Not that im for trading up for sanchez, but if we do, we have a core nucleus at WR to build around, im sure if not this year but next year well get a playmaking WR for sanchez to throw to. On the same token, this is going to be a running team anyway, teams have gotten to the super bowl before without a high octane passing game.

what happens if they do this deal and Sanchez is off the board top 5... I guess they'd be comfortable with Maclin, Raji, Tyson Jackson or whoever else. I can definately see this trade happening by the way. I've done full mocks as the Jets and that 52 pick is in no man's land.

Sanchez is going to Seattle at #4 IMO. Let em wait till Saturday.

Not that im for trading up for sanchez, but if we do, we have a core nucleus at WR to build around, im sure if not this year but next year well get a playmaking WR for sanchez to throw to. On the same token, this is going to be a running team anyway, teams have gotten to the super bowl before without a high octane passing game.

I must have been sleeping for the past 2 years. Who's this core nucleus of WR's to build around because I don't see anyone but a guy who's a solid #2 WR and a bunch of other guys with little to no experience whatsoever.

And if we don't need a high octane passing game then why trade our entire draft for a QB?

just to clear things up, it was for our 4th round pick this year, we dont have a 5th rounder

I don't understand the mindset of some fans who think throwing a player like Sanchez into the fire will be an automatic disaster.

Our offense is missing a few pieces, but it is far from bad. Some of the responses make it seem like we are on par with one of the worst offenses in the league.

We have a great and possibly elite OL in place. This is the most important factor! We have one of the best rushing attacks in the AFC behind solid RB's and a Pro Bowl calibur blocking FB. We have legitimate weapons in Cotchery, Keller, and Leon and a few young guys like Clowney and Stuckey who are looking to break out.

If we run a conservative power offense and give our QB time behind a stellar OL, there is no reason to think that a rookie QB is bound to fail. Were Matt Ryan's or Joe Flacco's situations last year really any better than what we have to offer?

QB is by far our biggest missing piece. I refuse to believe that plugging a rookie QB into our roster would be a definite failure.

Sanchez starts week 1 2009, wherever he is drafted, JMO.

That's crazy.

The guy has only 16 collegiate starts. No one with such few collegiate starts has been a bum in the NFL.

So you think teams believe he Sanchez will be the lone exception to the rule?

Sanchez' only hope is at least a year on the bench.

I don't understand the mindset of some fans who think throwing a player like Sanchez into the fire will be an automatic disaster.

Our offense is missing a few pieces, but it is far from bad. Some of the responses make it seem like we are on par with one of the worst offenses in the league.

We have a great and possibly elite OL in place. This is the most important factor! We have one of the best rushing attacks in the AFC behind solid RB's and a Pro Bowl calibur blocking FB. We have legitimate weapons in Cotchery, Keller, and Leon and a few young guys like Clowney and Stuckey who are looking to break out.

If we run a conservative power offense and give our QB time behind a stellar OL, there is no reason to think that a rookie QB is bound to fail. Were Matt Ryan's or Joe Flacco's situations last year really any better than what we have to offer?

QB is by far our biggest missing piece. I refuse to believe that plugging a rookie QB into our roster would be a definite failure.

It's not that he will fail, it's that you don't throw your whole draft away to "not fail". Clemens can come in and manage a game and not make mistakes, which is the best you're going to get from a rookie like Sanchez who has very little experience.

We have too many offensive holes? We have 2 and thats a #1 wideout (which unless we take Crabtree or Maclin a rookie won't help us his first year) and a blocking TE.

we also have qb and rb. because despite what you guys think our qb's suck and jones is old and will be about as mediocre as you can get.....and he won't even be here after this year anyway. we also have o-line and d-line depth problems. don't gfet me wrong...i want sanchez, but not for 3 of our picks in this draft.

Archived