Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Fenway Park

Morrissey

God damn

You are a f-ing moron

the Yanks pen was stretched thin because of 3 pooor outings by Wang, and 1 by Joba

Why is the Sawx pen so good

Delcarmen????:good_one::rl:

There's a surprise. JonE is calling names. :rolleyes:

Delcarmen is just one of the reasons the Sox pen has been successful this season. One of the other reasons is now in the rotation until Dice-K is healthy.

Let's just wait and see what happens this weekend.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and Luis Castillo is hitting .400

It's April and your talking about ERA?

Does not erase the fact 2.50 ERA is better then a +6 one. You can use your MadMike WHIP saber-metric voodoo all you want, but there is no spin that makes a plus 6 ERA better then a 2.50 ERA.

I like the matchups for the Sox. The only guy who should do well for the Yankees is Burnett as he owns the Sox.

If it gets to the bullpen the Sox have a huge advantage.

Depends in what inning you get to the bullpen. Bruney has been pretty damn good for us. It's silly to say but the key to this match up is going to be who gets to whose bullpen first. Good match up across the board. Masterson was very good for you guys and I hate to say but we're horrid against pitchers we've seen once or twice. AJ has pitched well against you and so has Joba... but Joba scares me because he might only go 5 innings which puts us in a bind.

Either way should be a good series.

Red Sox slugger David Ortiz warned Joba Chamberlain through a group of reporters Wednesday night to keep the ball over the plate this weekend.

The Red Sox seem to be anticipating some aggressiveness from the Yankees when the two clubs begin a three-game series at Fenway Park on Friday night. "None of that, man -- just play the game the way it's supposed to be, and that's about it," Ortiz said, referring to Chamberlain. ""This is a guy, as good as he is, the next step for him will be to earn respect from everybody in the league."

Source: New York Post

Red Sox slugger David Ortiz warned Joba Chamberlain through a group of reporters Wednesday night to keep the ball over the plate this weekend.

The Red Sox seem to be anticipating some aggressiveness from the Yankees when the two clubs begin a three-game series at Fenway Park on Friday night. "None of that, man -- just play the game the way it's supposed to be, and that's about it," Ortiz said, referring to Chamberlain. ""This is a guy, as good as he is, the next step for him will be to earn respect from everybody in the league."

This coming from a team that has constantly thrown at and hit Yankee batters for the better part of the past decade. It must be a joke.

This coming from a team where Josh Beckett threw at Bobby Abreu. Please.

This coming from a team that has constantly thrown at and hit Yankee batters for the better part of the past decade. It must be a joke.

That's the first thing I thought. Mainly was a Pedro thing and the Yanks never retaliated that I can recall. Now it seems Joba has tried to assume that role but I don't think the Sox will be as passive in response as the Torre Yankees were.

I thought the Ortiz interview was pretty good.

Ortiz is just hoping he gets into Joba's head....whereas Joba being nervous about ortiz' idle threats will only top out at about 85, allowing The Gorilla to finally catch up to his 1st fastball of the season

Sad when little Dusty has gone deep more then Big Papi.

That's the first thing I thought. Mainly was a Pedro thing and the Yanks never retaliated that I can recall. Now it seems Joba has tried to assume that role but I don't think the Sox will be as passive in response as the Torre Yankees were.

Yea I think that Girardi is more willing to let his pitchers dictate that.

This year I don't know if you guys remember but I believe it was Garza or someone else on the Rays knocked down Swisher, Swish then hit a HR. But the next inning AJ came in and gave someone on the Rays some chin-music himself.

Sad when little Dusty has gone deep more then Big Papi.

LOL

I gotta be honest bro when I heard this today I thought it sounded like:

PLEASE OH PLEASE THROW ME A FASTBALL OVER THE MIDDLE

I'm about 30 times more frightened by Pedroia and Youklis (sp?) then Ortiz.

It was a crime that the Yankees did not retailiate. Especially the game where Pedro hit Soriano and Jeter to start the game.

I'm glad that Joba tried to intimidate the Red Sox hitters. They were way too comfortable in the box (especially Ortiz).

I'm pulling for the Red Sox to take two of three from the Yankees for two reasons... I think the Yankees have the better team and the Rays also have a winning record against the Red Sox with a losing record against the Yankees. It's early on in the season, but everything matters in the long run.

Right now the Rays are 3 games behind Both Boston and New York and 4.5 games behind the Jays. Since the Sox and Yanks dont play today, I would love a Rays win to take the series against Seattle and move to only 2.5 games behind the Sox and Yanks. A rays win PLUS a Jays loss would have the Rays only 3.5 games out from being on top of the AL East here in 09.

Watch out boys...The Rays are about to make a run and we have played like garbage here in 2009 but yet...We are still right in the thick of things.

I'm pulling for the Red Sox to take two of three from the Yankees for two reasons... I think the Yankees have the better team and the Rays also have a winning record against the Red Sox with a losing record against the Yankees. It's early on in the season, but everything matters in the long run.

Right now the Rays are 3 games behind Both Boston and New York and 4.5 games behind the Jays. Since the Sox and Yanks dont play today, I would love a Rays win to take the series against Seattle and move to only 2.5 games behind the Sox and Yanks. A rays win PLUS a Jays loss would have the Rays only 3.5 games out from being on top of the AL East here in 09.

Watch out boys...The Rays are about to make a run and we have played like garbage here in 2009 but yet...We are still right in the thick of things.

The Rays and Toronto play much better against Boston than they do vs the Yankees but Baltimore's laydown jobs against boston every season make up for the other 2...

Daniel Bard continues his torrid pitching stretch with a legendary save Wednesday in Triple-A.

Bard struck out the side in just nine pitches - all strikes. He was one of the best pitchers in camp, but was sent to the minors in order to develop further as a closer rather than spend time in middle relief in the bigs. Bard has allowed just one run over nine innings while amassing 16 strikeouts to just three walks. He will be a dynamic closer one day, or at least a lights-out setup man for Jonathan Papelbon.

Source: WEEI.com

Daniel Bard continues his torrid pitching stretch with a legendary save Wednesday in Triple-A.

Bard struck out the side in just nine pitches - all strikes. He was one of the best pitchers in camp, but was sent to the minors in order to develop further as a closer rather than spend time in middle relief in the bigs. Bard has allowed just one run over nine innings while amassing 16 strikeouts to just three walks. He will be a dynamic closer one day, or at least a lights-out setup man for Jonathan Papelbon.

Source: WEEI.com

Bard < Hughes. ;)

It was a joke Francis.

What happen to Longoria being the next superstar the Red Sox sign? lol :bag:

Bet you didn't know he was locked up LONG TERM with the Rays...Now did ya? P.S...Just about every young talent is locked up with the Rays. :cheers:

On a side note...Lets go Red Sox! The Yankees are the better team here in 2009 and I would rather see the Red Sox take down the Yankees this series before the Yankees run away from the Rays.

What happen to Longoria being the next superstar the Red Sox sign? lol :bag:

Bet you didn't know he was locked up LONG TERM with the Rays...Now did ya? P.S...Just about every young talent is locked up with the Rays. :cheers:

On a side note...Lets go Red Sox! The Yankees are the better team here in 2009 and I would rather see the Red Sox take down the Yankees this series before the Yankees run away from the Rays.

A long term contract does not mean a player is locked in to that team.

The Sox signed Renteria to a 4 year-40 million contract. He was gone within a year to the Braves. Miguel Cabrera signed an 8 year-153 million dollar contract. If a team is willing to take the contract on......like the Red Sox and the other team is willing to trade. He could be gone in a heart beat.

Evan's 6 year-17 million is nothing. I think the Sox are paying that much for Manny to be in LA.

Those Rays are only locked in as long as they are cost effective to your small market team. When they become too pricey, they are as good as gone for prospects..

A long term contract does not mean a player is locked in to that team.

The Sox signed Renteria to a 4 year-40 million contract. He was gone within a year to the Braves. Miguel Cabrera signed an 8 year-153 million dollar contract. If a team is willing to take the contract on......like the Red Sox and the other team is willing to trade. He could be gone in a heart beat.

Evan's 6 year-17 million is nothing. I think the Sox are paying that much for Manny to be in LA.

Those Rays are only locked in as long as they are cost effective to your small market team. When they become too pricey, they are as good as gone for prospects..

Keep dreaming buddy. Longoria will be the face of the Rays for years to come and he's not going anywhere.

YANKEES (9-6)

1. Jeter SS
  2. Damon LF
  3. Teixeira 1B
  4. Posada DH
  5. Swisher RF
  6. Cano 2B
  7. Cabrera CF
  8. Molina C
  9. Ransom 3B

Pitching: RHP Joba Chamberlain (0-0, 5.06).

RED SOX (9-6)

1. Ellsbury CF
  2. Pedroia 2B
  3. Ortiz DH
  4. Youkilis 1B
  5. Drew RF
  6. Bay LF
  7. Lowell 3B
  8. Varitek C
  9. Green SS

Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (1-2, 5.50)

YANKEES (9-6)

1. Jeter SS
  2. Damon LF
  3. Teixeira 1B
  4. Posada C
  5. Swisher RF
  6. Cano 2B
  7. Cabrera CF
  8. Molina C
  9. Ransom 3B

Pitching: RHP Joba Chamberlain (0-0, 5.06).

RED SOX (9-6)

1. Ellsbury CF
  2. Pedroia 2B
  3. Ortiz DH
  4. Youkilis 1B
  5. Drew RF
  6. Bay LF
  7. Lowell 3B
  8. Varitek C
  9. Green SS

Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (1-2, 5.50).

Both pitchers are looking to lower their era but I have a feeling this game could be a slug fest.

Archived