Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Fenway Park

Morrissey

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was listening on the radio and Kay and Waldman were basically ripping (questioning) Girardi for the Mo move in the 8th. Especially making the move with an 0 - 1 count. When Kay and Waldman are questioning your moves before the results are in, you know you have screwed up. BAD.

I just didnt get the point of that move, why use Mariano in the 8th when Alballadejo is dealing? Seems Giardi over extended Mariano for no reason. Dumb move, and if we lose this game, that move will ring loud.

Teixiera swings at ball 4 like a moron. Watch the Redsox come back in the 10th and win it.

He was off by about 1/16th of an inch... lol

Take it easy... he was just trying to keep making contact adn avoid watching strike 3 go by... he knew he was swinging at almost anything within reach before that pitch was thrown...

He was off by about 1/16th of an inch... lol

Take it easy... he was just trying to keep making contact adn avoid watching strike 3 go by... he knew he was swinging at almost anything within reach before that pitch was thrown...

The ball was at the same level as his nose, no excuse hacking @ that pitch!

Truth be told, that's a game the Yankees usually win. I'll take it and go into another pitcher's duel tomorrow.

Between Sox/Yanks, the draft and the Penguins I don't know how I'll make it through sports tomorrow.

That game was a microcosm of the past few years. The Yankees don't get the big hit and Red Sox do.

It also doesn't help that the Sox have a far superior manager.

I for one, can't blame Girardi for this loss, and you know when that comes to from me, then it probably wasn't his fault. We saw something from Marte that we have never seen from him ever as a Yankee, even though he allowed the home run, he was extremely loud on the mound, and thats what I like to see from him. The Yankees basically blew most of the game in the top of the ninth. How you get no runs when your bases loaded with none out is beyond me. You expect Rivera to be able to go out there and shut the game down. Like I said, can't really blame our retarded manager for this loss.

Cody Ransom has a quad injury and will be out for some time, which means A-rod will prbabby come back a lil sooner. Brian Bruney was sent back to NY for an MRI for a sore elbow. This sucks.

Cody Ransom has a quad injury and will be out for some time, which means A-rod will prbabby come back a lil sooner. Brian Bruney was sent back to NY for an MRI for a sore elbow. This sucks.

Yeah, and Wang is on the DL too now, and Robertson will be coming back up. Could they please bring up Melancon, and Hughes now...

Starting to get the feeling that Girardi is going to be an ESPN Baseball tonight analyst by July and Bobby V will be running the Yanks. Clueless Joe Part II looks totally out of place and unsure of himself behind the bench. Can the man take a friggin seat and relax a little bit? Its April not game 7 of the World Series.

His in game decision making leaves a lot to be desired too.

O well, this team is still soft anyway. Games like tonight remind you not to get your hopes up on this club.

Joe Girardi=moron.

Joba Chamberlain=average

Wow, really? Joba average? Did you miss the part where he gave up only 1 earned run? I totally saw that part. Oh, and that was on a BAD NIGHT.

C'mon. Joba is young and has some room to develop, but he's absolutely above average, with the possibility of greatness.

Yeah, and Wang is on the DL too now, and Robertson will be coming back up. Could they please bring up Melancon, and Hughes now...

If they bring up Melancon, someone needs to either go on the 60-day DL or be Designated for Assignment. Soooo. Maybe.

Most likely what will happen is that we'll go with the extra reliever until after Monday's game. Hughes will be joining the team for the trip to Detroit and will be activated on Monday night so that he can start on tuesday.

They'll prob. replace Ransom with Angel Berroa (unless they surprise us all can call up Eric Duncan who has been hitting well at 3B in Scranton). Either way, they will need to DFA or 60-day someone to get Berroa on the 40 man roster, which means that when ARod comes back, there will potentially be room on the 40 man for Melancon (assuming that Berroa gets DFA'd himself).

That game was a microcosm of the past few years. The Yankees don't get the big hit and Red Sox do.

It also doesn't help that the Sox have a far superior manager.

Do they? I remember him getting run out of Philly, pitchforks and torches style. In fact, I'm pretty sure he had a losing record there.

Brian Bruney is being sent back to New York to have an MRI for a sore elbow.

Bruney's absence proved costly tonight, as the Yankees chose to turn to Mariano Rivera in the eighth and Rivera subsequently blew the save in the ninth. If Bruney lands on the DL, Mark Melancon could be brought up to make his debut.

Source: The Journal News

Wang also is going DL. Robertson up for the w/end then likely Hughes for Tuesday.

wang's goin on the dl with "weak hips"......LMFAO. why don't the yanks just tell the truth. "we're putting wang on the dl for sucking"......lol

Do they? I remember him getting run out of Philly, pitchforks and torches style. In fact, I'm pretty sure he had a losing record there.

Francona's similar to Torre, he landed in a great situation with loads of talent. My guess is he is a great manager of people and when you have the horses, that's really all you need.

Francona's similar to Torre, he landed in a great situation with loads of talent. My guess is he is a great manager of people and when you have the horses, that's really all you need.

Tito's in-game style is questionable at times, but the way he has handled all of the personalities over the years for the Sox has been nothing short of phenomenal. Only certain people can deal with Pedro's prima donna, Schilling's mouth, Manny's antics, and 22 other guys' problems all at the same time!

Wow, really? Joba average? Did you miss the part where he gave up only 1 earned run? I totally saw that part. Oh, and that was on a BAD NIGHT.

C'mon. Joba is young and has some room to develop, but he's absolutely above average, with the possibility of greatness.

13 base runners in 5.1 innings is not good. Credit to him only allowing one run, but it was far from masterful.

Managers get too much credit when things work well and not enough blame when they dont.

Francona's moves this year have been very questionable, yet he is getting zero heat for it.

As a manager of personalities and the Boston media, he has been as great as you can be. but he's got some tough decisions to make soon with Big Pap-out, his bullpen, and SS.

Whether he is a great manager or not will come through this year.

Managers get too much credit when things work well and not enough blame when they dont.

Francona's moves this year have been very questionable, yet he is getting zero heat for it.

As a manager of personalities and the Boston media, he has been as great as you can be. but he's got some tough decisions to make soon with Big Pap-out, his bullpen, and SS.

Whether he is a great manager or not will come through this year.

It is Big Pop Out. F'ing Mess fans.

The answer ......... so far is going to be Kason Gabbard. Hopefully, he can solidify the lefty role. Javier has been crap. Okijima is either good or crap. The rest of the pen is solid with Paps, Ramirez, Declaremen and Masteron (once he is back).

Archived