Welcome to New York Mark Sanchez

SUorangefootball

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not for nothin' but there was a time in every Hall of Fame QB's career when he was an inexperienced QB.

Yes. But this team this year needed someone with some experience. We have a good running game and a good defense. We have unknowns at QB and WR. We could have competed with a mediocre QB. Instead we draft a QB and trade away our 2nd.

next year we'll need a WR and RB and we'll be further away from being good.

The trade itself was a good trade by Tanny. I disagree with drafting Sanchez. Wrong move wrong time. Unless you need a good looking QB to bring attention to a team trying to sell PSL's.

I post what I see.

Just glad we got ourselves another inexperienced QB and cant address real needs.

Hope Sanchez can sell PSL's since this is what its all about.

no what this about is a REAL QB competion LBS, Ratliff was being outclassed on the field by Clemens...let the best young man win it-either one, I'll be rooting for both

no what this about is a REAL QB competion LBS, Ratliff was being outclassed on the field by Clemens...let the best young man win it-either one, I'll be rooting for both

we didnt need him for the team we have.

dont get me wrong, I'll be cheering for him and hope we are competitive. I just think our team f#cked up today.

Mark Sanchez would have been a Top 3 pick next year. We just got him for a 2nd rounder and 3 non impact players.

Anyone who does not like this move is just plain stupid and hasnt been paying attention to our QB situation for the last 35 years.

Every player in the draft is a risk. But we moved up to get a top QB prospect and it cost us a 2nd rounder.

We just robbed that idiot Mangini. ROBBED.

And we have a guy in Sanchez that gives us real hope.

To the naysayers, shut up and be happy for once.

I couldn't be happier. To all you nay sayers oh well to you. this kid is going to thrive in our offense and N.Y in general. just keep him away from suzy kolber. She might take him up on an offer that joe willy got turned down on. Welocome mr. sanchez.

Mark Sanchez would have been a Top 3 pick next year. We just got him for a 2nd rounder and 3 non impact players.

Anyone who does not like this move is just plain stupid and hasnt been paying attention to our QB situation for the last 35 years.

Every player in the draft is a risk. But we moved up to get a top QB prospect and it cost us a 2nd rounder.

We just robbed that idiot Mangini. ROBBED.

And we have a guy in Sanchez that gives us real hope.

To the naysayers, shut up and be happy for once.

Exactly. People shouldnt be allowed to discuss why they are unhappy with the moves of their team.

Listen, I dont know much about Sanchez other than many a analyst on ESPN said he is probably going to have the best career of any QB in this draft...But I am glad about 2 things.

1 -- We did not give up much at all to make that trade. I think 2 things factor into that: 1st, we waited until the Browns had 2 mins left to make the trade..Literally last minute and im sure the Browns asking price dropped considerably. 2nd, the Jets had leverage in the deal. They could have probably waited until the Jags were on the clock and still have gotten Sanchez...

2 -- The band-aid fix, scrub QB competition, era is over in NY. Everyone involved liked this guy, we made a move, and we got him. Right now, he IS our franchise QB and he WILL be our starting QB for at least the next few years... GUARANTEED.

For all that, I am happy.

Listen, I dont know much about Sanchez other than many a analyst on ESPN said he is probably going to have the best career of any QB in this draft...But I am glad about 2 things.

1 -- We did not give up much at all to make that trade. I think 2 things factor into that: 1st, we waited until the Browns had 2 mins left to make the trade..Literally last minute and im sure the Browns asking price dropped considerably. 2nd, the Jets had leverage in the deal. They could have probably waited until the Jags were on the clock and still have gotten Sanchez...

2 -- The band-aid fix, scrub QB competition, era is over in NY. Everyone involved liked this guy, we made a move, and we got him. Right now, he IS our franchise QB and he WILL be our starting QB for at least the next few years... GUARANTEED.

AMEN BROTHER. We fuc$ing robbed Mangini. I cant believe what an idiot he is.

I LOVE IT!!!

If Sanchez turns out to be the QB that a lot of people think, this will be a great day in Jets history.

A great day? It'll be the greatest day in the history of the franchise since 1965 and one of the greatest draft day trades in NFL history.

You are right. I had a brain lapse that we are talking about the Jets' history. :D

we didnt need him for the team we have.

dont get me wrong, I'll be cheering for him and hope we are competitive. I just think our team f#cked up today.

obviously Tanny, Woody and Rex think differently. They knew that Brett Ratliff will only be good against future UPS drivers in games 3 and 4 of the pre season

Merril Hoge: Kellen Clemens is the best QB in the 2006 NFL draft.

Yeah, the same Clemens that was just replaced by the guy who Hoge is scrutinizing. Consider it an endorsment.

My thoughts exactly when I thought that.

Like the pick or not you have to like his passion and excitement. Watching him on TV he couldn't wait to put the hat on. In all his interviews he's seemed to heavily favour being a Jet.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-134/Sanchez-happy-the-wild-journey-continues.html

At the end of that little article he thinks he might sleep with the hat on.

We have a player that wants to be here, can't wait to get started, and wants to earn the starting job.

Also Pete Carroll was against him declaring for the draft....if Pete's against it we can't loose!

Archived