Now sell out for Boldin or Edwards!!!!!

CTM

nightmare ?

only jets fans draft a QB #5 and start with the nightmare crap

dude

he has a great o-line in front of him, a running game and a defense. the jets have plenty of picks left to get a WR

I think this guy is going to be a star in jeters neighborhood within 3 years

nightmare :rolleyes:

take your sack out of your anus loser

nightmare ?

dude

he has a great o-line in front of him, a running game and a defense. the jets have plenty of picks left to get a WR

The same guy that didn't want Cutler is calling Sanchez a star??

That's besides the point though. I'd prefer to surround a very under-experianced QB with as much talent as possible..

nightmare ?

dude

That was totally uncalled for. Don't let your love for Sanchez blind you from having serious football discussions.

I don't even understand how you can compare two players from different sports, but um, okay.

Wait until next offseason and trade for the next flavor of the year...

we're going to suck anyway this year, might as well wait.

I like Sanchez as a prospect, I really do, we got him for a steal as well. My point is why not sell out to surround him with as much talent as possible next year?

Totally agree Chan. The two things young QBs need are a good offensive line(which the Jets have) and 1 WR that brings everything in (something the Jets dont have). I dont think Sanchez will start this season, but even having guys like that in practice helps immensely.

Totally agree Chan. The two things young QBs need are a good offensive line(which the Jets have) and 1 WR that brings everything in (something the Jets dont have). I dont think Sanchez will start this season, but even having guys like that in practice helps immensely.

Well, if he doesn't start, my point is lessened. I have a hard time believing he doesn't start unless Kellen goes Drew brees on us out of nowhere..

I really like Sanchez, but we have to be pragmatic here and accept that the dude has only a handful of college starts and now will be entering the pros with almost nothing to throw to. It's a recipe for disaster..

At the least we need a guy that demand double teams who will open things up underneath..

If Im in the Jets brain trust and am even considering starting Sanchez this year, I move my #1 next year right now for one of the two premier receivers available

Guys this is not a nightmare situation for a rookie QB. In fact Stafford may have the best WR in the league but Sanchez is in a much better situation IMO.

Good pass protection, good running game, potentially great defense = Good situation.

I agree that we are pretty weak in terms of weapons but Keller and Cotch aren't scrubs

I think we're officially out of bullets CTM...Boldin's price tag was a second rounder, but if there was any possible way to swing a trade for him I'm all for it

We can trade back into the second this year with our 3 and some scraps, and then package with an escalating pick next year..

Or we can trade next years #1

The same guy that didn't want Cutler is calling Sanchez a star??

That's besides the point though. I'd prefer to surround a very under-experianced QB with as much talent as possible..

I agree but I don't think we've got the ammo to grab either WR CTM.

Guys this is not a nightmare situation for a rookie QB. In fact Stafford may have the best WR in the league but Sanchez is in a much better situation IMO.

Good pass protection, good running game, potentially great defense = Good situation.

I agree that we are pretty weak in terms of weapons but Keller and Cotch aren't scrubs

Agreed about the oline, but our receivers are terrible imo...

Sanchez is now our franchise, I'm a fan of doing everything we can to make him succesful and keep his confidence up..

Agreed.

And, I'd still be excited to send some picks for a WR.

He doesn't have a great WR situation, but he'll have strong blocking, and a good running game. As he grows in the offense, we'll surround him with more weapons, and evolve the offense.

nightmare ?

dude

BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Agreed.

And, I'd still be excited to send some picks for a WR.

He doesn't have a great WR situation, but he'll have strong blocking, and a good running game. As he grows in the offense, we'll surround him with more weapons, and evolve the offense.

If nobody is open he will struggle. Cotch is slow as **** and everyone else sucks. Maybe Clowney emerges, but I have doubts..

Here's hoping David Clowney turns out to be good. I do hope we address the WR position, I really do, but lets not act like Sanchez will get the David Carr treatment. The MOST important aspect for a QB is the O-line and ours is pretty good.

Our Oline isn't lights out in pass blocking..

Watch the Sanchez highlights, his receivers are very often WIDE open. Several Mayock breakdowns criticize him for not throwing a ball where a WR was NFL open.

WR's who can't get open make your Oline look worse as they have to hold their blocks longer.

We need a threat. Someone who at the very least opens up stuff for our #2 and #3 receivers..

A lot of QB's don't recover from a nightmare first year and our receivers SUCK

He has a great OL, a solid running game, and a good defense. The three "best friends" of a QB. We could use another guy, but given the fact that we have those three going, Cotchery is no slouch and Clowney definitely has the speed to stretch the D. Plus this draft is DEEP in WR's... never know who we can still pick up in rd 3 or 4. Or maybe we'll package those two picks and maybe a conditional pick next year to move up and grab someone like Robiskie in round 2.

Well, if he doesn't start, my point is lessened. I have a hard time believing he doesn't start unless Kellen goes Drew brees on us out of nowhere..

I really like Sanchez, but we have to be pragmatic here and accept that the dude has only a handful of college starts and now will be entering the pros with almost nothing to throw to. It's a recipe for disaster..

At the least we need a guy that demand double teams who will open things up underneath..

If Im in the Jets brain trust and am even considering starting Sanchez this year, I move my #1 next year right now for one of the two premier receivers available

There are two reasons why I think he will not start. The first is that I think the Jets realize that there is little to be gained by throwing a true rookie onto the field, even taking into account the success of Matt Ryan last season. More importantly I think Woody will want this to be his big unveiling at the new stadium. Of course Clemens also sucks and maybe that throws the plans totally out the window as well. Either way the Jets need to get some targets for the kid to throw to. If Mike T truly has faith in his drafts and team that he built they should trade next years 1 for Boldin right now.

You're focusing on the wrong side of the ball. Sanchez will be fine due to the fact that he has a veteran offensive line (which, not to mention, is very good) watching his back while he works through his receiver woes. The biggest problem going into '09 is the fact that our DL sucks balls now, like huge donkey balls. You know your DL's weak when losing Kenyon ****ing Coleman puts a serious dent in your defense.

Archived