What's with all the negative talk about Sanchez?

TaborJet

For the love of God, please tell me why Ratliff and/or Clemens were better options? For that matter, tell me why Quinn, Campbell, and Bulger are better options? Is it because we gave up picks and crappy players to move up to get him?

Y'all got some 'splainin' to do.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the love of God, please tell me why Ratliff and/or Clemens were better options? For that matter, tell me why Quinn, Campbell, and Bulger are better options? Is it because we gave up picks and crappy players to move up to get him?

Y'all got some 'splainin' to do.

It's because Sanchez isn't as good as advertised.

On this board, I've only seen a few negative posts about us taking sanchez and even less about how much we gave up to get him.

Some of the things I've read on NFL.com about Sanchez is down rght ignorant. A lot of racist slurs in the comment section over there coming from-- you guessed it, Pats fans.

I dont understand it either... I didnt even want the guy and I am excited about it...

He is a good QB... better than anything the JETS had... and only cost them a 2nd rounder to move up and get him...

I really don't understand the negativity.

I had my reservations about Sanchez (because of meager experience), but the Jets staked their future on him. If he fails, both Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan will be fired.

Do people really want that to happen?

It's because Sanchez isn't as good as advertised.

Well, I just see a lot of cars up on the Brooklyn Bridge, all parked but left running with no drivers. They all have Jets bumper stickers.

And one of the cars was a 6-cylinder Mustang with Michigan plates.

I really don't understand the negativity.

I had my reservations about Sanchez (because of meager experience), but the Jets staked their future on him. If he fails, both Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan will be fired.

Do people really want that to happen?

My only concern is that were pressured to start him and he's a disaster next year..

I like him as a prospect, but I can't see the dude being remotely succesful next season with nothing at WR

My only concern is that were pressured to start him and he's a disaster next year..

I like him as a prospect, but I can't see the dude being remotely succesful next season with nothing at WR

I share your concern. But, unfortunately, with the trade for Sanchez, the chance of trading for an elite WR is gone (unless they trade a 2010 1st for Boldin/Edwards).

Right now, I hope the Jets trade up for Gilbert in the 3rd. Get rid of Coleman for a franchise QB and draft a possible upgrade? Works for me.

What did Flacco have at WR last year? Things worked out pretty good for him in Baltimore and his best receiver was the 34-year-old Derrick Mason.

Cotchery isn't exactly incompetent. Stuckey showed some nice development last year. Clowney is a potential stud. Keller is very good and only going to get better.

Plus something tells me we'll pick up another receiver or two tomorrow and possibly sign a FA or two after the draft.

What did Flacco have at WR last year? Things worked out pretty good for him in Baltimore and his best receiver was the 34-year-old Derrick Mason.

Cotchery isn't exactly incompetent. Stuckey showed some nice development last year. Clowney is a potential stud. Keller is very good and only going to get better.

Plus something tells me we'll pick up another receiver or two tomorrow and possibly sign a FA or two after the draft.

Derrick Mason is one of the best receivers in the league, just because you don't hear about him doesn't change that. And Mark Clayton is a huge play waiting to happen; he had very good targets last year.

I dont understand it either... I didnt even want the guy and I am excited about it...

He is a good QB... better than anything the JETS had... and only cost them a 2nd rounder to move up and get him...

Wrong. It cost a second and three players, who, while none of us thought were anything special, were still assets.

We don't know if he's good, or even better than Kellen. The NFL is a lot different than playing against overmatched competition in the Pac-10. He doesn't have a big arm and he won't have any real targets.

I'm not wishing him any ill will, of course I want him to succeed. I just don't see how this offense is any better. It'll be the same old crap with everything on the defense 6 yards from the LOS because there is no threat or playmakers.

If they went to 5, I would have preferred them taking Crabtree, but that is just me.

Wrong. It cost a second and three players, who, while none of us thought were anything special, were still assets.

We don't know if he's good, or even better than Kellen. The NFL is a lot different than playing against overmatched competition in the Pac-10. He doesn't have a big arm and he won't have any real targets.

I'm not wishing him any ill will, of course I want him to succeed. I just don't see how this offense is any better. It'll be the same old crap with everything on the defense 6 yards from the LOS because there is no threat or playmakers.

If they went to 5, I would have preferred them taking Crabtree, but that is just me.

No ****... I worded it as "just a 2nd" for a reason...

Losing Coleman is a good thing... he sucked and this forces them to replace him and hopefully find an upgrade at some point... there is plenty of depth at Dline right nwo too if they need to rotate that position...

Elam and Ratliff were backups... Ratliff would have never saw the field over Clemens and Elam would have been a ST playter...

I will play your game though...

The JETS gave up a 2nd rounder...

A backup QB

A 3rd string safety

and one of the worst defensive starters on the team

Why are you upset about that?

The JETS got better today with one pick.

:yawn:

You're the guy who thought Beanie "almost a second-rounder" Wells was better than Moreno. Clearly the majority of NFL talent evaluators disagree, and I am fairly sure that when he gets on the field, Moreno is going to make you look like a jerk.

For the record, I'm not upset about Elam or Ratliff.

EDIT:

Also, for the record... (via Twitter... OMG!).

Jay Feely said he likes Elam, but is glad he was traded, because he wasn't going to play much in NY. Also he said, "Coleman was another great guy and a solid starter but we have depth on the DLine with our free agent singings, get rookie"

And Kerry Rhodes tells me, "we are gonna get another reciever just watch." I also asked if he would be interested in taking some snaps at QB -- playing a little ironman football and he replied, "Maybe. LOL"

You're the guy who thought Beanie "almost a second-rounder" Wells was better than Moreno. Clearly the majority of NFL talent evaluators disagree, and I am fairly sure that when he gets on the field, Moreno is going to make you look like a jerk.

Look like a jerk? Even if I'm wrong about him how does that make me a jerk exactly?

I've never ruled him out of having success in the NFL I just pointed out that I'm not a fan of him as a runner and didn't want the Jets to have any part of him. Right now I still think Wells is the better back. If I'm wrong, so be it. It doesn't mean anything what I think.

Archived