What's with all the negative talk about Sanchez?

TaborJet

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did Flacco have at WR last year? Things worked out pretty good for him in Baltimore and his best receiver was the 34-year-old Derrick Mason.

Cotchery isn't exactly incompetent. Stuckey showed some nice development last year. Clowney is a potential stud. Keller is very good and only going to get better.

Plus something tells me we'll pick up another receiver or two tomorrow and possibly sign a FA or two after the draft.

Cotchery is completely incompetent as a #1

Mason is better then him and Clayton is better then anything we're putting at 2

In the end, who cares?

If Sanchez doesn't work out Tannenbaum will be unemployed and probably can't find another GM job and Rex will be a DC somewhere.

Us? We'll be watching the Jets as we always have.

I was born after SBIII so I have no idea what a Jets SB team is like. Only if Sanchez succeeds and takes the Jets to the promised land will I experience something new.

If he fails? It will be business as usual.

In the end, who cares?

If Sanchez doesn't work out Tannenbaum will be unemployed and probably can't find another GM job and Rex will be a DC somewhere.

Us? We'll be watching the Jets as we always have.

I was born after SBIII so I have no idea what a Jets SB team is like. Only if Sanchez succeeds and takes the Jets to the promised land will I experience something new.

If he fails? It will be business as usual.

Lol.. That's actually not a bad point..

It has nothing to do with KC/Rat and everything to do with what we gave up for someone who will not be a franchise pick for us and the money we're going to have to give him at the #5 slot. If he doesn't pan out we're looking at a new regime and another setback of at least 10 years.

The Giants, as sad as it is to say, are a model franchise. They had a need they filled it without trading up and without stretching and reaching to make the pick, and they'll be a contender again while we're barely .500.

It has nothing to do with KC/Rat and everything to do with what we gave up for someone who will not be a franchise pick for us and the money we're going to have to give him at the #5 slot. If he doesn't pan out we're looking at a new regime and another setback of at least 10 years.

The Giants, as sad as it is to say, are a model franchise. They had a need they filled it without trading up and without stretching and reaching to make the pick, and they'll be a contender again while we're barely .500.

Hey retard..................2004 is calling and says hello.

I'm being dead serious here can anyone give me a reason to be excited about Sanchez BESIDES:

1. That he's another guy who maybe, possibly, hopefully could be a starting quality QB. (Any man with a heartbeat "could" be that guy)

2. He's "handsome" (SO THE HELL WHAT??? I can't believe I've heard this even mentioned. Handsome may sell a couple seats it doesn't win a damn game)

3. He's nice and charismatic with intangibles (again SO WHAT? Nice, charismatic, intangibles, good leadership, etc. - these are all secondary traits. I.E, it's nice to have a strong arm QB + good leader, or an accurate scrambling QB with charisma.)

It's because Sanchez isn't as good as advertised.

Well, when rex was interviewed after the pick he was gushing saying the kid can make all the throws. Why don't we wait until we at least see him in uniform for a few days before we coin him a bust or "not as good as advertised."

I'm not happy with the pick and what we gave up to get this guy.

I didn't lose hope in Clemens, O'well....

we gave up a second round pick and guys who are next to meaningless for a possible franchise qb moving from 17 to 5 in the draft.

It is one thing to say you don't like the guy as a player (which is still premature paranoid jets fan bull btw) but it is totally crazy to say we gave up too much to move up the draft like that to grab him.

I really don't understand the negativity.

I had my reservations about Sanchez (because of meager experience), but the Jets staked their future on him. If he fails, both Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan will be fired.

Do people really want that to happen?

Wait, it isn't like we mortgaged our future with multiple picks here. Let's not forget that clearly rex inherited a team with no qb, what was he going to do? Also, I hear Woody loved the kid too.

What did Flacco have at WR last year? Things worked out pretty good for him in Baltimore and his best receiver was the 34-year-old Derrick Mason.

Cotchery isn't exactly incompetent. Stuckey showed some nice development last year. Clowney is a potential stud. Keller is very good and only going to get better.

Plus something tells me we'll pick up another receiver or two tomorrow and possibly sign a FA or two after the draft.

Yup, a lot of the teams that needed wr help snatched them up in the 1st round and jax grabbed holt. Boldin is still sitting there not wanting to play for zona, i would say his price starting tomorrow will be less. We may end up having a few more headlines to come this offseason.

Because when I want to make football decisions, I want Woody Johnson making them.

That was in reference to the poster i was quoting saying tanny and ryan tied their futures to this pick. IF the owner loves him and is on board than i doubt they get fired if it doesn't work out.

I assume you are a bit of an emotional wreck and not able to fully read a lot of these posts, being that you are losing ANOTHER sh#tty favorite player with KC going to the bench for his last season as a jet. lol ;)

It seems funny that every single sports news outlet I have read online about the draft has said that the drafting of Sanchez was a great job by the Jets and we have the makings of a franchise QB, yet the only negativity I can find anywhere on the net comes from..you guessed it.....Jets fans.

Let's lighten up fellas. Too many of you have been burned by past trade busts to even give any Jets draft a chance anymore. If they had picked anyone else, I'm sure you all would have been b**ching about it too.

We didn't seem to give up a whole lot for the guy. I'm sorry for all of you who thought Ratliff was the second coming of Johnny Unitas based on a few measly PRESEASON games, but he isn't. I wouldn't even bat an eye at losing Coleman either.

Besides, we all know Clemens is s***, why draft a WR like Crabtree if we have no one to get him the ball.

For the love of God, please tell me why Ratliff and/or Clemens were better options? For that matter, tell me why Quinn, Campbell, and Bulger are better options? Is it because we gave up picks and crappy players to move up to get him?

Y'all got some 'splainin' to do.

How do you know Clemens or Ratliff arent better. We've SEEN Clemens. And if Sanchez has a preseason like Ratliff did last year ,EVERYONE will be s--king his diccck!!!!

Imagine, Sanchez, with Rat's preseason numbers, and tell me I'm wrong. But one's handsome and went to USC and was a top pick, the other is a workhorse and climbed on the squad from Utah.

Let's continue, we had AnQuan Boldin for LESS!!!!!!!!! Anyone who tells me they would rather have Sanchez right now than Boldin is nuts, especially when it was a 2 and 5??????What???

You know we are all in a pickle, we know for a fact it was our worst draft day in years but we are forced to root for the guy.

Clemens fans or, him,himself must feel awful, obviously 4 years was long enough to evaluate HIS worth. lol

How do you know Clemens or Ratliff arent better. We've SEEN Clemens. And if Sanchez has a preseason like Ratliff did last year ,EVERYONE will be s--king his diccck!!!!

Imagine, Sanchez, with Rat's preseason numbers, and tell me I'm wrong. But one's handsome and went to USC and was a top pick, the other is a workhorse and climbed on the squad from Utah.

Let's continue, we had AnQuan Boldin for LESS!!!!!!!!! Anyone who tells me they would rather have Sanchez right now than Boldin is nuts, especially when it was a 2 and 5??????What???

You know we are all in a pickle, we know for a fact it was our worst draft day in years but we are forced to root for the guy.

Clemens fans or, him,himself must feel awful, obviously 4 years was long enough to evaluate HIS worth. lol

Your response, while very good, was peppered with the word preseason, which adds up to about half of a chicken sandwich.

Sanchez's collegiate career, albeit brief, was good enough to impress. He also had a pretty decent Rose Bowl, wouldn't you agree?

So you could say that Sanchez/Rose Bowl > Ratliff/preseason.

My only concern is that were pressured to start him and he's a disaster next year..

I like him as a prospect, but I can't see the dude being remotely succesful next season with nothing at WR

And if we took a WR instead of a QB, the complaints would instead be, "Yeah, but who's going to throw the ball to him?"

At some point you have to take one before the other. I don't know how Sanchez is going to turn out, but have no objection to them looking to upgrade at QB.

You know $hit about football obviously. We traded a 2nd round pick to move up and get a potential franchise QB. Thats a VERY good thing. Maybe you havent been paying attention to our QB situation for the last 40 years???

Hey retard..................2004 is calling and says hello.

You are clueless. The Giants organization is light years ahead of the Jets and have actually won something in the color TV era.

Because when I want to make football decisions, I want Woody Johnson making them.

Hey what do you want? He sat on his hands and did nothing and you complained. Now, he is showing some interest that he has a team and you complain. Jets fans. :rolleyes:

It seems funny that every single sports news outlet I have read online about the draft has said that the drafting of Sanchez was a great job by the Jets and we have the makings of a franchise QB, yet the only negativity I can find anywhere on the net comes from..you guessed it.....Jets fans.

Let's lighten up fellas. Too many of you have been burned by past trade busts to even give any Jets draft a chance anymore. If they had picked anyone else, I'm sure you all would have been b**ching about it too.

We didn't seem to give up a whole lot for the guy. I'm sorry for all of you who thought Ratliff was the second coming of Johnny Unitas based on a few measly PRESEASON games, but he isn't. I wouldn't even bat an eye at losing Coleman either.

Besides, we all know Clemens is s***, why draft a WR like Crabtree if we have no one to get him the ball.

Jets fans being Jets fans.

I guy whose opinion I respect phil simms really is very high on Sanchez. The front office really liked him in his workouts along with a number of teams also. They made the move they thought was right to grab him. Time will tell but I back the decision.

OK then....124, GOB....who did you want to be QB this season and why? (In 100 words or less)

Short answer: Kellen Clemens.

Not that I think he's a sure thing. No one knows if he is or isn't. But the two glaring holes on our roster are QB and WR, and I think Kellen has more potential and liklihood to be decent than any of our wide receivers (or anyone left in the draft) do.

And why exactly does everyone think KC needs to be replaced? Two years ago, everyone wanted him in, wanted to let him grow, and now he's dog poop. He got exactly 6 starts with a turnstile offensive line and now we need to be trade up to replace him. I don't understand that. I guess we'll all give Sanchez 10 starts before we give up on him.

Personally, from what I've read and heard, this doesn't seem to be a football decision. It seems like Woody decided he wanted Sanchez and we went out and got him. I hope to hell I'm wrong about that.

Some of the things I've read on NFL.com about Sanchez is down rght ignorant. A lot of racist slurs in the comment section over there coming from-- you guessed it, Pats fans.

Hey that is my QB. That is the one thing I hate about the Internet. People say crap that they would not dare to in person. Just like people who cut you off in their car and then give you the finger when you honk. Ah, but sometimes they get stuck at an intersection ...

Hey what do you want? He sat on his hands and did nothing and you complained. Now, he is showing some interest that he has a team and you complain. Jets fans. :rolleyes:

I did? Show me where. I want Woody Johnson to write the checks and keep his mouth shut, thats the job of owner. We don't need another Daniel Snyder.

OK then....124, GOB....who did you want to be QB this season and why? (In 100 words or less)

Kellen Clemens. He has never been given a legitimate shot and we spent a 2nd round pick on him. Players no longer on the team in 2008 have said that he would've been the QB in 2008 if we didn't aquire Favre, that despite what some people here thought, he was really winning the battle.

Beat me to it. Remember Joe Flacco...

Short answer: Kellen Clemens.

Not that I think he's a sure thing. No one knows if he is or isn't. But the two glaring holes on our roster are QB and WR, and I think Kellen has more potential and liklihood to be decent than any of our wide receivers (or anyone left in the draft) do.

And why exactly does everyone think KC needs to be replaced? Two years ago, everyone wanted him in, wanted to let him grow, and now he's dog poop. He got exactly 6 starts with a turnstile offensive line and now we need to be trade up to replace him. I don't understand that. I guess we'll all give Sanchez 10 starts before we give up on him.

Personally, from what I've read and heard, this doesn't seem to be a football decision. It seems like Woody decided he wanted Sanchez and we went out and got him. I hope to hell I'm wrong about that.

Kellen Clemens. He has never been given a legitimate shot and we spent a 2nd round pick on him. Players no longer on the team in 2008 have said that he would've been the QB in 2008 if we didn't aquire Favre, that despite what some people here thought, he was really winning the battle.

The guy holding the clipboard is always better than the starter. Got it. He did have a legitimate shot, but it didn't last long. That's life as a pro QB in the big city. Kellen "happy feet" Clemens didn't take advantage.

:rl::ahhh::rl:

You just lost ALL credibility with that post... all of it...

You are officially no longer allowed to chime in on this situation... at all... wow

Archived