What's with all the negative talk about Sanchez?

TaborJet

The guy holding the clipboard is always better than the starter. Got it. He did have a legitimate shot, but it didn't last long. That's life as a pro QB in the big city. Kellen "happy feet" Clemens didn't take advantage.

He did not have a legitimate shot, he was playing on one of the worst Offensive Lines in the NFL, no Coles for 3 of his 8 starts and Coles left after the first series in 3 of his other 5 starts. Also, becasue no Offensive Line, no Running Back. Yes, 8 starts makes a QB. By this logic, Eli Manning should've been cut and traded after his rookie season.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He did not have a legitimate shot, he was playing on one of the worst Offensive Lines in the NFL, no Coles for 3 of his 8 starts and Coles left after the first series in 3 of his other 5 starts. Also, becasue no Offensive Line, no Running Back. Yes, 8 starts makes a QB. By this logic, Eli Manning should've been cut and traded after his rookie season.

Obviously Ryan did not feel KC could get the job done

Sanchez is a franchise QB...and is smart as a whip

You naysayers will be kissing our collective arses in 3 years

8-8 in 2009 with or without Sanchez

yes there will be a learning curve for him and we still need a WR

Braylon for next years #1 get it done

Joey,

How many years was Clemens here? How many minicamps and training camps and preseasons and practices did Kellen have with the Jets? He had lots of opportunities to take the starting job. He couldn't beat out Pennington, who we Jets fans ran out of town, for the most part.

It has nothing to do with KC/Rat and everything to do with what we gave up for someone who will not be a franchise pick for us and the money we're going to have to give him at the #5 slot. If he doesn't pan out we're looking at a new regime and another setback of at least 10 years.

The Giants, as sad as it is to say, are a model franchise. They had a need they filled it without trading up and without stretching and reaching to make the pick, and they'll be a contender again while we're barely .500.

Refresh my memory: what did the Giants give up for Eli Manning?

Kellen Clemens. He has never been given a legitimate shot and we spent a 2nd round pick on him. Players no longer on the team in 2008 have said that he would've been the QB in 2008 if we didn't aquire Favre, that despite what some people here thought, he was really winning the battle.

Clemens has had 3 years to impress Shotty and the JETS FO... 4 offseasons... he failed to do so... he failed to impress 2 HC's...

Who cares if he would have been the QB in 2008... I mean honestly is that really a huge accomplishment that a few players said they think he might have been the starter over Chad?

Clemens has had a better chance than most QB's to step up and prove himself... this is 3 years in a row he blew a chance at locking up the starting job... some people only get a chance due to injury... Clemens had that chance too!

I did? Show me where. I want Woody Johnson to write the checks and keep his mouth shut, thats the job of owner. We don't need another Daniel Snyder.

No, not you but some were complaining.

What did they get?

superbowl-trophy.jpg

If Sanchez leads you to the promised land, it is worth it, but if not.......

:rl::ahhh::rl:

You just lost ALL credibility with that post... all of it...

You are officially no longer allowed to chime in on this situation... at all... wow

What did they get?

superbowl-trophy.jpg

If Sanchez leads you to the promised land, it is worth it, but if not.......

This almost deserves it own thread... lol

This was an epicly bad error of a post on CrazyCarls part... #-o

Kellen Clemens. He has never been given a legitimate shot and we spent a 2nd round pick on him. Players no longer on the team in 2008 have said that he would've been the QB in 2008 if we didn't aquire Favre, that despite what some people here thought, he was really winning the battle.

Player. One player said that, if I recall. And I'm sure if you asked another ex-player like Coles, he would have said the exact opposite.

Clemens had a raw deal in his first opportunity. Crap OL, crap ground game, crap at receiver, and his TE was blocking the whole time. But it's not like he looked good despite all that.

He looked bad in a bad situation. His own OC thinks the Jets are better off going with someone else.

You know $hit about football obviously. We traded a 2nd round pick to move up and get a potential franchise QB. Thats a VERY good thing. Maybe you havent been paying attention to our QB situation for the last 40 years???

A few weeks ago, KC and Rat were Potential franchise QB's and beyond Stafford, there were no QB's worth a dammm in this draft. What changed?

we also gave up our backup SS and DE, but, whatever. I guess thy were fooling us with Sanchez, because he FLEW up the draft board. I watch the same sports news as you and EVERY said this was a ONE qb draft after the bowls, so what happened.

Getting one of the best WR's in the game for a 2 and 5 and either Freeman(if you want a 1st round QB) or Moreno( and play SB 2000 Ravens with great O-line running game,2 great possesion WR's and a nasty defense)

Is Sanchez THAT good?? NO, NO, NO and if Rat/KC with Boldin/Cotch, TJ,Moreno and Leon and Keller and great d suckkk so bad, because Sanchez isn't on it then we get a top 5 NEXT year and get a real STUD for nothing.

AND, we know for a fact that KC/Rat both suck, instead of caving in to the NY pressure.

2 Questions:

1. What made Sanchez go from "a distant #2 in a one QB draft" to a #5, guaranteed franchise, worthy of a 1,2 two solid backups and a guy who is exactly what Sanchez is, a guy with "potential"?

2. What would you rather?

• Sanchez for a 1,2, two Solid backups, and a guy who is him minus the great preseason
  • Boldin, (easily one of the top 10, Most definitely top 5) and Moreno( a predecessor to TJ who blew his load and now wants money for it)

It's sort of rhetorical lol

Gimme a break, this is a horrible move.

Sanchez is a project, well we invested 4 in Clemens and 2 in Rat, grab a bada$$ receiver and RB and let one of these two show how good/bad they are. If they are good, we are built for the trophy, NOW!

If they both succ and with our awesome WR's, RB's and Keller can't pull a Dilfer with a great defense, then WE take next years STUD, since all reports everywhere on the planet said this was a horrible QB draft, until yesterday, when Sanchez became the greatest prospect ever!

Sorry we had a chance to come out with Boldin,Moreno and two key back ups and we came out with a thinned out defense and our number 2 for a kid everyone said stay away from! What happened, did he win a Bowl game last week that I missed?

Sanchez, cook up some crow for me buddy, jam my shoe in my big mouth, I'm begging you, because, I want you to know(after you're done bannging blondes in groups all day, tomorrow on the way to sign the check) ) that lancemehl, an internet poster from NY better see something, because he hates the move. lol

I guy whose opinion I respect phil simms really is very high on Sanchez. The front office really liked him in his workouts along with a number of teams also. They made the move they thought was right to grab him. Time will tell but I back the decision.

I think everyone is high on the pick

except the clemens commisison and patise trolls

they put the kid through a chalk talk session and a rigorous workout and decided they wanted him

the best part ?

he wanted us

he's no dummy

he saw a defensive HC, a good running game and very good o-line on a team that needed a QB in the largest media market on earth

A few weeks ago, KC and Rat were Potential franchise QB's and beyond Stafford, there were no QB's worth a dammm in this draft. What changed?

Says who?

Some had Sanchez ranked the best QB in the draft.

I like Sanchez but didn't want to trade up for him. That being said, we ripped off the Browns so I'm ok with the deal. We really didn't give up anything other than a 2nd rounder and an average DE. Ratliff and Abram weren't really valuable pieces and anyone who's freaking out over losing Ratliff is really going overboard. The only thing we really gave up for Sanchez was weakening our depth some what and that's a fair trade off IMO for a prospect of his caliber.

The only thing I worry about is that they'll rush him to the field and that wouldn't be ideal considering his inexperience. I'm starting to soften on that stance since I think he can handle it considering we should have the type of team and style of play to protect him but its still risky.

It seems funny that every single sports news outlet I have read online about the draft has said that the drafting of Sanchez was a great job by the Jets and we have the makings of a franchise QB, yet the only negativity I can find anywhere on the net comes from..you guessed it.....Jets fans.

Let's lighten up fellas. Too many of you have been burned by past trade busts to even give any Jets draft a chance anymore. If they had picked anyone else, I'm sure you all would have been b**ching about it too.

We didn't seem to give up a whole lot for the guy. I'm sorry for all of you who thought Ratliff was the second coming of Johnny Unitas based on a few measly PRESEASON games, but he isn't. I wouldn't even bat an eye at losing Coleman either.

Besides, we all know Clemens is s***, why draft a WR like Crabtree if we have no one to get him the ball.

The media doesnt care if we're successful or not. They dont have to live with this team. The fans do. And most fans will give him a chance. They're just not happy with the decisions made yesterday. And no... we ALL dont know if Clemens is sh!t since he never was given a real chance to be an NFL QB.

I'm still not happy with the decision made yesterday and still fear for our future, but Im still rooting for my team and the new guy.

The media doesnt care if we're successful or not. They dont have to live with this team. The fans do. And most fans will give him a chance. They're just not happy with the decisions made yesterday. And no... we ALL dont know if Clemens is sh!t since he never was given a real chance to be an NFL QB.

I'm still not happy with the decision made yesterday and still fear for our future, but Im still rooting for my team and the new guy.

Would you stop that BS... he has had 4 offseasons to win a job... FOUR!!!

Why the hell should he get gametime to prove himself if he cannot even win a job in TC???

What the **** kind of logic is that???

Joey,

How many years was Clemens here? How many minicamps and training camps and preseasons and practices did Kellen have with the Jets? He had lots of opportunities to take the starting job. He couldn't beat out Pennington, who we Jets fans ran out of town, for the most part.

His only opportunity to beat out Pennington was in 2006, as a rookie, with a brand new coach coming in, competiting against a guy in the 3rd year of a 7 year, $64 million deal. Yeah. Very likely.

2007, it was Pennington's job because in 2006 he took them to the playoffs.

2008 it would've been Clemens' job if it were not the opportunity to get Favre.

His only opportunity to beat out Pennington was in 2006, as a rookie, with a brand new coach coming in, competiting against a guy in the 3rd year of a 7 year, $64 million deal. Yeah. Very likely.

He had no chance? If he was better he would have played, it is that simple. Chad was the better QB and still is.

Stop the bull**** about the job being his in 08' because one player said he thinks that might be the case... you do not know that... dont talk about it like it is a fact...

He had no chance? If he was better he would have played, it is that simple. Chad was the better QB and still is.

Stop the bull**** about the job being his in 08' because one player said he thinks that might be the case... you do not know that... dont talk about it like it is a fact...

It is a fact. Two players said it and the players know more than anyone else. Do they not? Are you going to tell me what the players in the locker room said isn't a fact? The only backer of PennyBoyWonder would've been Coles.

Give it a rest.

Pennington isn't the better QB, he was just making more $ and more experienced. Woody Johnson wants his $'s worth.

It is a fact. Two players said it and the players know more than anyone else. Do they not? Are you going to tell me what the players in the locker room said isn't a fact? The only backer of PennyBoyWonder would've been Coles.

Give it a rest.

Pennington isn't the better QB, he was just making more $ and more experienced. Woody Johnson wants his $'s worth.

Woody is a greedy mother ****er and wants to MAKE MONEY... winning makes money... Clemens is not a money maker...

Get where this is going?

Woody is a greedy mother ****er and wants to MAKE MONEY... winning makes money... Clemens is not a money maker...

Get where this is going?

Media advertising makes a lot of money and Favre and Sanchez bring more "sex appeal" meaning more billboards, back pages, jersey sales and PSL's.

Really it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Dude, I agree that he didn't get the greatest opportunity in the world. But winners make the most of their opportunities. Clemens didn't.

You do not know that he would have beaten Pennington out in '08, though I like to think he would have. One ex-player said that, and I guarantee more than one would have said just the opposite. The testimony of one ex-player does not make it so.

Dude, I agree that he didn't get the greatest opportunity in the world. But winners make the most of their opportunities. Clemens didn't.

You do not know that he would have beaten Pennington out in '08, though I like to think he would have. One ex-player said that, and I guarantee more than one would have said just the opposite. The testimony of one ex-player does not make it so.

Exactly!

Winner rise to the top even when they dont get a chance!

Clemens had a better chance than most... he not only got to step in and finish a year in 2007 but then had 2008 and 2009 offseasons to impress the team enough not to replace him two years in a row...

Archived