Are You Happy With The Trade For Sanchez?

Maxman

Are you happy with this trade?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you happy with this trade?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we got next years #1 prospect for a few jags and a 2nd rd pick

oh, and he plays QB

in the grand scheme of things, I've been waiting for this guy since 1982

I can wait another year for him to be great

and he will be

Yes

How can you not be?

It is essentially only for a 2nd rounder...

None of those players mattered... all backup quality players... and it is better not to have Coleman barely holding onto his job... let him go be mediocre with Mangidiot.

This was a Woody Johnson move. just like getting Favre was last year. I hope it fails miserably too.

Enough with this bald headed band -aid maker ruining my football team. :1cry:

So just to clarify. You voted no right? :lol:

Is he the long term solution? Nobody knows.

Was it a good value trade? Yes.

Does this help us this year? No. It hurts us. We need a good WR. We just needed an average QB to get us through this year. Our team was being built on a running game and strong defense. Now we cant get that WR or probably the blocking TE we need. And next year Thomas Jones is a year older, Leon cant handle the load as a full time RB, and we'll still need a WR.

So short term it sucks because it doesnt address our needs now. Long term it could be the greatest deal we ever made if he pans out.

Obviously Im rooting for him because he's a Jet now. But doesnt change the fact I think our FO and coaching staff made a terrible mistake today.

This was a Woody Johnson move. just like getting Favre was last year. I hope it fails miserably too.

What a shame... he is sick of the JETS losing...

The JETS had one of if not the worst QB situations in the NFL...

I think it was common sense to give up only a 2nd rounder and scrubs to get a potential franchise QB...

What a shame... he is sick of the JETS losing...

The JETS had one of if not the worst QB situations in the NFL...

I think it was common sense to give up only a 2nd rounder and scrubs to get a potential franchise QB...

I have the knuckle head toy store owner who probably didn't spend a dime on the Jets last year defending that douche Woody..lol...JUST LOL!

Don't think he's selling especially in this economy but if he was...???

I have the knuckle head toy store owner who probably didn't spend a dime on the Jets last year defending that douche Woody..lol...JUST LOL!

I spent almost $500 on them last year and I don't even live in NY/NJ...

Your the ******* here hoping a NYJ player fails before he takes a snap...

Go spend your money on a different team if you feel that way, your not wanted here if that is how you feel.

I voted "Yes."

BTW, I just wanted to point this out: Mark Sanchez has bigger hands than Stafford and Freeman (saw it on the NFL.com videos).

This is important for a QB and Rex Ryan in a post draft interview I saw mentioned that fact as one of Sanchez's positives. Remember last year when the coaches talked about how big Favre's hands are? It's important in throwing.

Name -- Height -- Hand Size

Sanchez -- 6'2 1/8" -- 10 1/2"

Stafford -- 6'2 1/4" -- 10"

Freeman -- 6'5 3/4" -- 10"

I spent almost $500 on them last year and I don't even live in NY/NJ...

Your the ******* here hoping a NYJ player fails before he takes a snap...

Go spend your money on a different team if you feel that way, your not wanted here if that is how you feel.

whoa! the toy store owner is getting angry at me? :1cry:

:rl:

I am an *******..I'll admit it..it's true. I wanted more picks..lol..we still have no pass rush..we still have no wide receivers..lol..the Jets defense sucked last year..lol..get it?

A fan who doesn't want his team to fail, unlike yourself.

Oh, the hero of the Jets has chimed in..lo..I wanted more picks..we ****ing trade picks away every year..and still suck..we need players..not a player..get it?

I don't like it, especially with the gaping holes at wide receiver. Look I've been saying every year since 2005 we need a franchise QB, but of course they trade up take the one I didn't want over the likes of Cutler or Flacco which they could have had easily at the time without giving up more draft picks (especially in a a deep WR draft which we need). I hope his arm strength doesn't hurt him in cold weather and I hope he is actually 6'3" and not Kellen Clemens 6'2" with 2 phone books under his feet.

I really hope he does well, and I feel sorry for him because imho if he plays any less than GOD level the press and fans are going to kill him. The franchise will suffer for years if they missed on this one, but whats a few more years of misery added to the Jets history.

That being said I hope he works out, it is kind of exciting having some hope we might have a young franchise QB and we can retire the terms noodle arm, the egg, and "zip".

Trading into the 5 spot from 17 at the expense of 3 JAGs and a 2nd round pick is highway robbery. From that perspective there should be no reason not to love the trade.

If he turns out to be a legitimate franchise QB this trade is absolutely epic.

BTW...

If you don't like the player that is fine and it is your right to state why you don't like the move... but hoping any player in our organization fails (especially one who has never taken a snap) is pathetic. We could have picked Michael Mitchell at that spot and while I would be vomiting in disgust but I sure as hell would be behind him 100%.

Archived