Hitman Harrison to Ref?

RSJ

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8257273

It's official: Hit Man Harrison in improbable internship

March 5, 2005

By Clark Judge

SportsLine.com Senior Writer

You want to know why next week's NFL Europe league workouts are worth following? I can tell you in two words: Rodney Harrison

Rodney Harrison remains one of the league's most feared hitters. Rodney Harrison.

It's not that Harrison has anything to do with the tryouts. It's that he has everything to do with the officiating, with the New England safety expected to serve as one of five interns chosen from NFL rosters.

The league office on Friday confirmed that Harrison, the Hit Man the league loves to fine, will participate in the three-day clinic, with the first session beginning Monday

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8257273

It's official: Hit Man Harrison in improbable internship

March 5, 2005

By Clark Judge

SportsLine.com Senior Writer

You want to know why next week's NFL Europe league workouts are worth following? I can tell you in two words: Rodney Harrison

Rodney Harrison remains one of the league's most feared hitters. Rodney Harrison.

It's not that Harrison has anything to do with the tryouts. It's that he has everything to do with the officiating, with the New England safety expected to serve as one of five interns chosen from NFL rosters.

The league office on Friday confirmed that Harrison, the Hit Man the league loves to fine, will participate in the three-day clinic, with the first session beginning Monday

RS did you ever see Jack Tatum play???

Really?

In his book, "They Call Me Assassin," Tatum defended his style as aggressive. But the limits of aggressiveness were questioned on his hit during a 1978 exhibition game that paralyzed New England wide receiver Daryl Stingley. Tatum was also fined for a punishing hit that sent Steelers receiver Lynn Swan to the hospital.

In his book, "They Call Me Assassin," Tatum defended his style as aggressive. But the limits of aggressiveness were questioned on his hit during a 1978 exhibition game that paralyzed New England wide receiver Daryl Stingley. Tatum was also fined for a punishing hit that sent Steelers receiver Lynn Swan to the hospital.

I'm going to have too look for some more info on him. I really do not know much about him. I knew about the Stingley hit, but that is it. That is only because it is replayed all the time. Remember that SS that played for the Cards? I believe his name was Chuck Cecil? I could be wrong about his name. He claimed he was ran out of the NFL. I think that was the dirtiest, and hardest hitter I have ever seen. Second ofcourse is R Harrison.

Cecil hit exclusively with the crown of his helmet. He's lucky he's not eating through a straw right now.

Sav, who was the other Oakland safety that played with Tatum? Weren't those guys the dirtiest pair of safeties ever to play professionally?

Cecil hit exclusively with the crown of his helmet. He's lucky he's not eating through a straw right now.

Sav, who was the other Oakland safety that played with Tatum? Weren't those guys the dirtiest pair of safeties ever to play professionally?

In the 70's everybody was considered a DB! The

only one's that come to mind in that period that

played with Tatum was Willie Brown,Colzie and

Atkinson..The Raiders also had a backup DB who

went on to acting and got his break playing Apollo

Creed in the Rocky movies!! :wink:

In the 70's everybody was considered a DB! The

only one's that come to mind in that period that

played with Tatum was Willie Brown,Colzie and

Atkinson..The Raiders also had a backup DB who

went on to acting and got his break playing Apollo

Creed in the Rocky movies!! :wink:

Really? I never knew that. That is pretty cool.

Archived