The move that the Jets need to make right now.

T0mShane

Go and get Braylon Edwards:

The Jets have sold the future anyway by dealing away all their picks for two players this year. Obviously, they have no interest in using the draft to fill holes, so they should just go ahead and burn next year's #1 and Thomas Jones (plus another pick or player) to get Edwards out of Cleveland.

Currently, the Browns have only Jamal Lewis at HB, and they already went out and drafted two receivers this year to replace Edwards. They did not draft a RB. The Giants, long considered the top suitor to pick up Edwards, went ahead and drafted, not one, but THREE guys to catch the ball, effectively cancelling them off the list as a potential landing spot.

The Browns need and the Jets need make this a perfect match.

Tannenbaum hinted at something big yesterday, telling the collected media that the Jets "weren't finished" and that they should stay ready for something else. Could he have been pointing to an Edwards/Jones swap? Could be. It is clear that Mangini wants "his guys" around him, and Thomas Jones was a soldier for him this year. It would be a great match.

Add to that, Edwards' trade value will never be lower. The Browns drafted two receivers, making it clear that Edwards will never see the new contract he wants from the Browns. Post-draft, Mangini has to choose between having a disgruntled Edwards in his locker room, potentially poisoning the water for his re-building process, or dealing Edwards on the cheap, selling the fan base on the league's leading rusher (Jones) and a pretty #1 pick in next year's draft. He will be hailed as a genius.

Add to this the fact that Mangini will likely be dealing Brady Quinn for another #1 pick, which would make selling Edwards for a less-than-huge package easier to deal with across the board.

Go get Edwards and it immediately changes the Jets' offense the second he puts on a uniform.

Agreed. But for a different reason..

They will start Sanchez and I'm 90% sure he's not ready. Look at this highlight videos, he's throwign to guys that are wide open most of the time. Watch Mayock break him down and critisize him for not throwing to guys that are as open as they'll get in the NFL..

With Cotch and stucky as our 1 and 2, these guys will have a hard time getting open for Peyton manning, let alone a rookie QB with 16 fricken college starts.

Insert Edwards, Cotch can eat up #2 corners, Keller can work the middle more effectively as teams are FORCED to roll coverages towards Edwards. They have to. Have to get a real WR in here.

Agreed. But for a different reason..

They will start Sanchez and I'm 90% sure he's not ready. Look at this highlight videos, he's throwign to guys that are wide open most of the time. Watch Mayock break him down and critisize him for not throwing to guys that are as open as they'll get in the NFL..

With Cotch and stucky as our 1 and 2, these guys will have a hard time getting open for Peyton manning, let alone a rookie QB with 16 fricken college starts.

Insert Edwards, Cotch can eat up #2 corners, Keller can work the middle more effectively as teams are FORCED to roll coverages towards Edwards. They have to. Have to get a real WR in here.

+1 - That's everything right there.

I'd still push harder after Boldin, because I still think he's a much better WR.

I just have this feeling that if we do get Edwards he'll crash and burn. I like his talent, which is off the charts and as high as any WR not named Calvin Johnson. That being said, he's just so unreliable and inconsistent.

Meh, if they go for it I'll be happy but far from convinced that he's going to tear it up.

I'd still push harder after Boldin, because I still think he's a much better WR.

I just have this feeling that if we do get Edwards he'll crash and burn. I like his talent, which is off the charts and as high as any WR not named Calvin Johnson. That being said, he's just so unreliable and inconsistent.

Meh, if they go for it I'll be happy but far from convinced that he's going to tear it up.

Here's the thing abotu Braylon, he'll be playing fro a big contract.

There will literally be millions of dollars on the line for him. We know what tends to happen to these guys in that kind of scenario..

Thomas Jones + a 2 next year that escalates to a 1 based on resigning him and team performance..

Tannenbaum hinted at something big yesterday, telling the collected media that the Jets "weren't finished" and that they should stay ready for something else. Could he have been pointing to an Edwards/Jones swap? Could be. It is clear that Mangini wants "his guys" around him, and Thomas Jones was a soldier for him this year. It would be a great match.

All the reports are that they were trying to move up for Harvin and Cleveland wanted too much..

Here's the thing abotu Braylon, he'll be playing fro a big contract.

There will literally be millions of dollars on the line for him. We know what tends to happen to these guys in that kind of scenario..

Thomas Jones + a 2 next year that escalates to a 1 based on resigning him and team performance..

Edwards will get his contract re-worked before the trade is ever finalized.

Go and get Braylon Edwards:

The Jets have sold the future anyway by dealing away all their picks for two players this year. Obviously, they have no interest in using the draft to fill holes, so they should just go ahead and burn next year's #1 and Thomas Jones (plus another pick or player) to get Edwards out of Cleveland.

Currently, the Browns have only Jamal Lewis at HB, and they already went out and drafted two receivers this year to replace Edwards. They did not draft a RB. The Giants, long considered the top suitor to pick up Edwards, went ahead and drafted, not one, but THREE guys to catch the ball, effectively cancelling them off the list as a potential landing spot.

The Browns need and the Jets need make this a perfect match.

Add to that, Edwards' trade value will never be lower. The Browns drafted two receivers, making it clear that Edwards will never see the new contract he wants from the Browns. Post-draft, Mangini has to choose between having a disgruntled Edwards in his locker room, potentially poisoning the water for his re-building process, or dealing Edwards on the cheap, selling the fan base on the league's leading rusher (Jones) and a pretty #1 pick in next year's draft. He will be hailed as a genius.

Add to this the fact that Mangini will likely be dealing Brady Quinn for another #1 pick, which would make selling Edwards for a less-than-huge package easier to deal with across the board.

Go get Edwards and it immediately changes the Jets' offense the second he puts on a uniform.

I was saying this yesterday...I actually think they could get him for TJ & 2010 2nd & 4th (5th would be even better)...can only hope...

Archived