Yankees vs. Tigers @ Comerica Park

Morrissey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love that breaking ball from Melancon

He needs to be pitching the 8th, not the 7th. In a game like tonight, if we weren't going to use Rivera, Melancon should've pitched the 9th.

At least until Bruney comes back.

He needs to be pitching the 8th, not the 7th. In a game like tonight, if we weren't going to use Rivera, Melancon should've pitched the 9th.

You want to get his feet wet before you put him in "money spots". They did the same thing with Chamberlain when he got called up 2 years ago.

It was 2-0 when he started warming up, and I would venture that this is considered a tight spot. I have no complaints on the intended use of Melancon last night.

G.O.B. checking in to take his lumps. :lol:

O M F G - I just froze my ass off for 2 hours and 45 minutes (And left in the top of the 8th!!) to watch that debacle unfold before my eyes. :bag:

Hughes and Jackson both pitched well.

The Tigers cavelcade of comedy in the 7th was unbelievable. 10 runs, 8 unearned? Wow.

Nice game by the Yanks. Let's hope Rick Perry, Brandon Lyon & Nate Robertson catch the swine flu after the game.

After the Grand Slam, it seemed like everyone got up and left. There were more folks in the aisles walking out than there were still sitting in their seats.

What's up with that?

After the Grand Slam, it seemed like everyone got up and left. There were more folks in the aisles walking out than there were still sitting in their seats.

What's up with that?

There were plenty of empty seats to start the night with. I've NEVER seen a Tigers-Yankees game with so many open seats. Year's past, you had to get tix for the Yanks or Red Sox as soon as they came out, but last night, you could pretty much sit in any section you wanted. It was cold last night, 47 degrees by the 6th inning, but still.

Has to be a sign of the horrendous economy here in Michigan.

Still concerned about our hitting, even with the 8th inning outburst.

We cant hit decent starters. This team isnt good enough to put together winning streaks,

I wasn't happy with this win... reminds me of last year where we put up 12 runs one game and then 1-2 the next. Man this team does need A-Rod, hopefully adding him and Tex heating up will wake the bats up

I wasn't happy with this win... reminds me of last year where we put up 12 runs one game and then 1-2 the next. Man this team does need A-Rod, hopefully adding him and Tex heating up will wake the bats up

A-Rod would have made it 17-0.

There were plenty of empty seats to start the night with. I've NEVER seen a Tigers-Yankees game with so many open seats. Year's past, you had to get tix for the Yanks or Red Sox as soon as they came out, but last night, you could pretty much sit in any section you wanted. It was cold last night, 47 degrees by the 6th inning, but still.

Has to be a sign of the horrendous economy here in Michigan.

I bet there are no $2,500 seats at Comerica Park right GOB?

Hell, there aren't $250 seats at Comerica.

$2,500 would get you a "phat" suite at Comerica Park, forget a seat.

The $2,500 seat (now $1,250) comes with access to all the private club lounges and restaurants, and food and drinks with waiter service.

The $2,500 seat (now $1,250) comes with access to all the private club lounges and restaurants, and food and drinks with waiter service.

It's hard for me to say even at $1,250, that's remotely worth it.....but I'm not the type of clientele those seats are suited for so it's not fair for me to be the judge. Personally, I still think that the price is ridiculous.....but I think the prices for a suite at Comerica are ridiculous so what do I know. :D

It's hard for me to say even at $1,250, that's remotely worth it.....but I'm not the type of clientele those seats are suited for so it's not fair for me to be the judge. Personally, I still think that the price is ridiculous.....but I think the prices for a suite at Comerica are ridiculous so what do I know. :D

I would never pay for it, but you get a lot.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showpost.php?p=1507773&postcount=3163

Private entrance, free unlimited 5-star meal from 2 "restaurants", cooked in an open kitchen when you get there, waiter service with unlimited free food, 2 more bars with free food (alcohol you need to pay for).

Here's pictures of it it all:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20503670@N05/sets/72157616296668381/

Nice series boys. Thought we might actually pull it off at the end of tonight's game.

Nice pitching by Hughes & Joba, although someone needs to teach Joba how to properly curve and form the brim of a baseball cap.

If he pitches like that more often he can wear his hat backwards for all I care... lol

Nice series boys. Thought we might actually pull it off at the end of tonight's game.

Nice pitching by Hughes & Joba, although someone needs to teach Joba how to properly curve and form the brim of a baseball cap.

Buck Showalter is that you?

Archived