Not saying that Sanchez will = Peyton but

afosomf

look at analysis of each

Manning is probably the most prepared QB to enter the NFL draft in several years.. He has had a storybook college career, and has been in a top level program with excellent coaching, and he has maturity and great intangibles to go along with his natural skills.. He should be able to pick up the mental aspects of the game early on the NFL level, and should play very quickly. He has great overall field vision. He is a fierce competitor, and all of his mechanics are very solid. He has good arm strength, but not necessarily a “gun” that you might expect from a QB at the top of the draft.. He has adequate mobility and good overall AA, although he is not a scrambler by nature. He has done an excellent job of getting the most out of his abilities, but he is not quite as natural a player as Leaf. One question that some NFL scouts have is the question “will he get any better?”. At times he gives the appearance of being a self-made player, and sometimes those types of players don’t always go on to great NFL careers. In Manning’s case, he may be a solid and productive NFL QB, but he may not have Hall of Fame type skills, but it certainly won’t be for lack of effort.. He has probably been the most scouted player in the draft in recent years, and because that NFL teams tend to look too much at potential flaws, instead of accepting him for what he is, a great college QB that is on his way to an outstanding NFL career.

Sanchez Analysis

Positives: Ascending talent whose intangibles for the position are just as impressive as his physical tools. Cerebral player. Reads defenses well and rarely throws into coverage. Goes through his progressions quickly and takes what the defense gives him. Recognizes the blitz very well for a player of his experience and often targets the weak link on defense when blitzed. Good setup and a smooth over-the-top delivery. Legitimate NFL arm strength. Capable of making every NFL throw, including the deep ball. Rather than relying on pure arm strength as some of the other highly touted passers of the 2009 class do, however, Sanchez combines good velocity with rare anticipation, especially for a player of his limited experience. Consistently releases his passes before his receivers have made a break, giving the defense little time to react. Distributes the ball all over the field. Good short, medium, and long-range accuracy. Consistently places his passes where only his receiver can get it and throws a very catchable ball. When healthy, showed very surprising mobility for his size. Can evade the pass rush and will scramble if the defense gives free yards. Rare accuracy on the rollout. Squares his shoulders and can fire the ball with consistency and accuracy. Team captain. Blue-collar work ethic. Father, Nick Sanchez, is a fire captain in Orange Country, Calif.

Sanchez received excellent tutoring as the heralded quarterback at Mission Viejo High School, where his coach was Bob Johnson, the father of former USC and NFL quarterback Rob Johnson. He was named 2004 Parade All-American Player of the Year, Super Prep All-American Player of the Year, EA Sports All-American first-team, Super Prep Elite 50, Prep Star Top 100 Dream Team, Student Sports Top 100, Rivals 100, Prep Star All-American, Tom Lemming All-American and Scout.com All-American first-team as a senior.

Sanchez will be a Phucking star...you can jump aboard now if you wish

the train is leaving soon

Good post! I agree with most of this. I think Sanchez is going to be a great QB. I am just hoping the media does not rattle him.

from a blue collar family...Rexy loves this kid..very humble

already called kellen...everyone sez he is a great kid

from a blue collar family...Rexy loves this kid..very humble

already called kellen...everyone sez he is a great kid

I heard Rexy had a tat of Sanchez' face put on his butt. :rolleyes:

That it took two days for a Peyton comparison can only be signs of progress in Jet Nation.

Usually, it takes an hour for such a grand comparison of a player that has not played a down. :rolleyes:

look at analysis of each

Manning is probably the most prepared QB to enter the NFL draft in several years.. He has had a storybook college career, and has been in a top level program with excellent coaching, and he has maturity and great intangibles to go along with his natural skills.. He should be able to pick up the mental aspects of the game early on the NFL level, and should play very quickly. He has great overall field vision. He is a fierce competitor, and all of his mechanics are very solid. He has good arm strength, but not necessarily a

Peyton and Sanchez have a lot in common.....

Both ......

* left college a year early against their college coaches recomendation. (oh wait, Peyton didn't do that)

* both were the top QB in the draft (oh wait, this year that was one who went to the Lions)

* both were coached by a head coach with 11 years of experince as a head coach in the NFL (oh wait, that was just Peyton, Sanchez has a rookie HC)

I can't wait for the thread explaining the similarities between Sanchez and Montana!

Both ......

* left college a year early against their college coaches recomendation. (oh wait, Peyton didn't do that)

* both were the top QB in the draft (oh wait, this year that was one who went to the Lions)

* both were coached by a head coach with 11 years of experince as a head coach in the NFL (oh wait, that was just Peyton, Sanchez has a rookie HC)

I can't wait for the thread explaining the similarities between Sanchez and Montana!

Blow me

when Manning came out,,many experts liked Leaf better cause of arm

strength...

Per Mayock...the worst we will get is just a "good NFL QB"

He was at the pro day...teams requested Sanchez to make every throw and he passed with flying colors...he also has huge hands so fumbling will not be

an issue

Does it make me a bad person that every time I hear Mayock speak I'm distracted by his lisp?

And?

Means nothing.

Why is it an issue for you and your Chowd brethren?

It's quite humorous than on her and JI, all you Chowds are jumping in on the Sanchez threads trying to rain on the parade.

Why?

You have BriSele back. Be happy.

And who has gun this year...Stafford..yet mayock and most analysts rate

Sanchez the better QB Prospect

Who had the gun in 2006?

Cutler.

How is that USC guy Lienart doing? Bench.

Most analysts liked Sanchez around where the Jets were originally picking.

He has not thrown a ball in 5 months and yet he shot up the draft board.

Can you say workout wonder?

Sanchez is as polished a public persona as I have ever seen coming out of the draft ever. I am not saying he is going to be bad, but I am not believing the hype quite yet.

Who had the gun in 2006?

Cutler.

Sanchez is as polished a public persona as I have ever seen coming out of the draft ever. I am not saying he is going to be bad, but I am not believing the hype quite yet.

Leinert had questions when he came out..he was not listed as a cant miss

his arm is also weaker than Sanchez

Leinert was also a party animal and more likely to do the Dirty sanchez than

mark.

No need to worry for us.....

Who had the gun in 2006?

Cutler.

Talk about trolling. Most experts had him ranked around the 4th or 5th best prospect in the draft (i.e right around where he was actually drafted). But don't let facts get in the way of good trolling. Pathetic.

Did not say he would be Manning

I see a great QB though

All I see right now is a beautiful man with a smile that could turn a straight man gay, who knows his way around an interview. Im gonna hold off on what I think he will be until he actually does something!!!! But if we do get a Peyton Manning like QB in him, I'll be thrilled--finally. But still all this speculation is premature.

Both ......

* Both Sanchez and Manning were in school for 4 years.

* Both are thought of as the better QB and Stafford/Leaf are thought of as the big arm QB.

* Both coached by a defensive coach with success prior to their HC job.

SPin SPin SPin... and I will spin with you...

Talk about trolling. Most experts had him ranked around the 4th or 5th best prospect in the draft (i.e right around where he was actually drafted). But don't let facts get in the way of good trolling. Pathetic.

Wrong.

He was rated 4th/5th best by the time of the draft.

When he declared for the draft he was projected to be mid-first round.

Keep your crazy party going though.

Did not say he would be Manning

I see a great QB though

You did not say it, but you inferred it.

Wrong.

Don't tell me i inferred it....

Now wash my balls

Wrong.

And James Laurinhitis was projected as a top 10 pick this time last year. How far did that get him? Oh BTW, was Mayo projected to be a top 10 pick when the offseason started last year? No, but he still got picked and he worked out.

I can't figure out whether you just have a lack of football knowledge or if you're just spewing this crap just to get a rise. I can't even believe I am falling into this argument all things considered, because no matter how many facts are presented to you (along with a few other Pats* fans as well as the whiny woe is me among Jet fans), you'll keep spewing the same nonsense. Try being objective for once (you know that thing that you clearly are not but whine and cry about everytime Jet fans show the least bit of optimism).

Don't tell me i inferred it....

Now wash my balls

Where does your wife keep them?

And James Laurinhitis was projected as a top 10 pick this time last year. How far did that get him? Oh BTW, was Mayo projected to be a top 10 pick when the offseason started last year? No, but he still got picked and he worked out.

I can't figure out whether you just have a lack of football knowledge or if you're just spewing this crap just to get a rise. I can't even believe I am falling into this argument all things considered, because no matter how many facts are presented to you (along with a few other Pats* fans as well as the whiny woe is me among Jet fans), you'll keep spewing the same nonsense. Try being objective for once (you know that thing that you clearly are not but whine and cry about everytime Jet fans show the least bit of optimism).

Why don't you go look to what I was replying to you dork. Here is my quote which was in response to assmop's saying Sanchez was a better prospect then Stafford.

Again, when he came out, he was projected to be mid-first round. That is not the 4th/5th best player.

Archived