Roberts book claims A-Rod took roids in HS and w/ Yankees, does any care?

Morrissey

Well if true it makes his entire career a sham and that includes the Yankee years.

Removes the little safety net some used in that "it was only in Texas.

On a whole though, it is a muti million dollar payday for the cream of the crop young player so the HS disclosure could be chalked up to wanting to get paid. After that it is just ARod being the shallow me first BS artist that we have come to know him as.

More troubling to me is:

In one shocking disclosure, the book accuses A-Rod of "pitch tipping" when he was with the Rangers - letting a friendly opponent at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games.

Rodriguez expected players he helped would do the same for him when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up and it wouldn't affect the outcome of the game.

I wonder if proven as true just how long a ban from the game that would warrant.

Also this adds fuel to the circus that still awaits ARod on the road this year whuch has been forgotten due to the injury.

Well if true it makes his entire career a sham and that includes the Yankee years.

Removes the little safety net some used in that "it was only in Texas.

On a whole though, it is a muti million dollar payday for the cream of the crop young player so the HS disclosure could be chalked up to wanting to get paid. After that it is just ARod being the shallow me first BS artist that we have come to know him as.

More troubling to me is:

In one shocking disclosure, the book accuses A-Rod of "pitch tipping" when he was with the Rangers - letting a friendly opponent at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games.

Rodriguez expected players he helped would do the same for him when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up and it wouldn't affect the outcome of the game.

I wonder if proven as true just how long a ban from the game that would warrant.

Also this adds fuel to the circus that still awaits ARod on the road this year whuch has been forgotten due to the injury.

That part I am not worried about because I am of the belief that any home runs hit in this era at all are a sham.

But I do care about this only because it is yet another distraction that the Yankees do not need.

well.....i've already concluded his career is steroids tainted and consider him a cheating pos anyway now.....so it doesn't change my perception of him or his accomplishments any. sucks cause i really wanted him to legitimize barry bonds' record...but oh well. maybe pujols, but it'll probly come out that hes a steroids cheat too.

well.....i've already concluded his career is steroids tainted and consider him a cheating pos anyway now.....so it doesn't change my perception of him or his accomplishments any. sucks cause i really wanted him to legitimize barry bonds' record...but oh well. maybe pujols, but it'll probly come out that hes a steroids cheat too.

That is a great post and I agree 100%.

If ARod was juicing as far back as HS, it would make his accomplishments even more illegitimate than Bonds, who was a sure-fire HOFer before he started taking PEDs.

I could care less. He's just another baseball "great" who was so egotistical to believe that he could get away with using steroids.

This is the era some of us younger guys (I'm 27) have grown up in. I still love this game and this book is in itself an example of how things have changed. This persistent 24/7 sports culture that has been groomed by ESPN and blogs has given good reason for people like Selena Roberts go out and make a name for themselves.

These people know ESPN, blogs, newspapers, etc. are going to plaster this all over the place and they'll make themselves filthy rich. This is the woman who crucified the Duke lacrosse team. This type of writing is encouraged because there is only so much you can talk about sports, people want to "provocative" now, it's created personalities like Cowherd, Steven A, etc. They don't care about OBP's and SLG, but hell, someone being called bitch **** is much more fun fodder to talk about.

I don't care anymore, I've just gotten numb to the culture of sports reporting. There has to be a hot or cold reaction every day. People forget that sometimes it's just a game, and people like Arod have tainted it, and I believe that may be enough. Like ND said... he knew many of us hoped he was clean so he could break Bond's record, now that hope is gone and he's just another ego-maniac like Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, Canseco before him.

Play ball.

I could care less. He's just another baseball "great" who was so egotistical to believe that he could get away with using steroids.

This is the era some of us younger guys (I'm 27) have grown up in. I still love this game and this book is in itself an example of how things have changed. This persistent 24/7 sports culture that has been groomed by ESPN and blogs has given good reason for people like Selena Roberts go out and make a name for themselves.

These people know ESPN, blogs, newspapers, etc. are going to plaster this all over the place and they'll make themselves filthy rich. This is the woman who crucified the Duke lacrosse team. This type of writing is encouraged because there is only so much you can talk about sports, people want to "provocative" now, it's created personalities like Cowherd, Steven A, etc. They don't care about OBP's and SLG, but hell, someone being called bitch **** is much more fun fodder to talk about.

I don't care anymore, I've just gotten numb to the culture of sports reporting. There has to be a hot or cold reaction every day. People forget that sometimes it's just a game, and people like Arod have tainted it, and I believe that may be enough. Like ND said... he knew many of us hoped he was clean so he could break Bond's record, now that hope is gone and he's just another ego-maniac like Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, Canseco before him.

Play ball.

Should reporters just ignore when there is wrong doing?

Should reporters just ignore when there is wrong doing?

Dude- Go away.

If it was David Wright, or Reyes that was caught and hounded like this you'd be flipping a ****.

And no, they shouldn't, but the difference is that she's releasing a book to make her self HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars. She pushed the release of her book back to coincide with A-Rods return. I'm sure you see nothing wrong with this.

What I'm saying is that this is the culture of sports today. As a fan of the game I chose not to pay attention when something is an obvious money grab. I will never look at A-rod as a pure player again.

Dude- Go away.

If it was David Wright, or Reyes that was caught and hounded like this you'd be flipping a ****.

And no, they shouldn't, but the difference is that she's releasing a book to make her self HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars. She pushed the release of her book back to coincide with A-Rods return. I'm sure you see nothing wrong with this.

What I'm saying is that this is the culture of sports today. As a fan of the game I chose not to pay attention when something is an obvious money grab. I will never look at A-rod as a pure player again.

They only make money on these things, if people buy the information, and they obviously choose to do so.

How you try to make the reporter out as the "bad guy" tin this circumstance is somewhat puzzling.

I ask a simple question, and you turn it into a Yankee-Mets thing.

Some of you are a little bit sensitive.

They only make money on these things, if people buy the information, and they obviously choose to do so.

How you try to make the reporter out as the "bad guy" tin this circumstance is somewhat puzzling.

That's cause you're a ****ing ass who only posts in threads like this.

Like I said, had this been one of your guys I'm sure you'd be trashing Roberts.

I'm stating the obvious here, I'm saying I'm numb to this, it is what it is. I don't forgive, I think he's as big of an ass as you are. I'm also saying that today's culture rewards gossip reporting in sports.

That's cause you're a ****ing ass who only posts in threads like this.

Like I said, had this been one of your guys I'm sure you'd be trashing Roberts.

I'm stating the obvious here, I'm saying I'm numb to this, it is what it is. I don't forgive, I think he's as big of an ass as you are. I'm also saying that today's culture rewards gossip reporting in sports.

For being "numb" you certainly seem to be coming out strongly.

I didn't know that you were part of the thread task force enforcing what threads people should post in.

Awful convenient of you also to state what my stance would be on something that hasn't even happened.

Just a ball of naivete, aren't ya ;

I don't give a s*it about this or any other aspect of A Rod's existence. I curse Brian Cashman, who had the out last year and, instead, signed him for another 10 years of this circus.

I could be wrong, but I think Cashman wanted him gone, but the Steinbrenners wanted him back. Plus we needed a 3B.

For being "numb" you certainly seem to be coming out strongly.

I didn't know that you were part of the thread task force enforcing what threads people should post in.

Awful convenient of you also to state what my stance would be on something that hasn't even happened.

Just a ball of naivete, aren't ya ;

I never thought I'd meet someone dumber, more trolly, and more annoying then TX on the internet. You sir take the prize.

You just like to pick people's opinions part and act like a ****ing know it all and OH I'M SO UNBIASED LOOK AT ME, I AM THE VOICE OF REASON IN BASEBALL, AND AM MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THEN ALL OF YOU

Let's not kid ourselves. Anyways, you can take the last word on this, I know you're THAT GUY that needs to have the last word.

If I'm a ball of naivete, then you're a ball of delusion.

I could be wrong, but I think Cashman wanted him gone, but the Steinbrenners wanted him back. Plus we needed a 3B.

Rodriguez--like Giambi, Clemens, Pavano, et.al before him--was the wrong move for the Yankees in the first place. For all his talent and celebrity, what have we done since he was signed? Zero. He got to inflate his numbers, but how many championships or playoff games have we won? If it wasn't Cashman, then Steinbrenner and the rest of the idiot brigade that they call an ownership team are bigger dunces than I already think they are.

Rodriguez--like Giambi, Clemens, Pavano, et.al before him--was the wrong move for the Yankees in the first place. For all his talent and celebrity, what have we done since he was signed? Zero. He got to inflate his numbers, but how many championships or playoff games have we won? If it wasn't Cashman, then Steinbrenner and the rest of the idiot brigade that they call an ownership team are bigger dunces than I already think they are.

I agree, but it's like a marriage that you have to work out now. He does produce during the regular season and will be a welcome bat in our lineup this season. If Hughes and Joba pan out at least we know some of Cashman's moves in the minors are paying off for us at the big league level.

One of the things that disturbs me is how invested we are in strictly pitching. I hope that Coke and Melancon pan out in the pen.

I agree, but it's like a marriage that you have to work out now. He does produce during the regular season and will be a welcome bat in our lineup this season. If Hughes and Joba pan out at least we know some of Cashman's moves in the minors are paying off for us at the big league level.

One of the things that disturbs me is how invested we are in strictly pitching. I hope that Coke and Melancon pan out in the pen.

Any time I see young pitchers from the farms doing well, it brings a smile to my face. I hope all those guys become stars and the next generation of talent for us.

I never thought I'd meet someone dumber, more trolly, and more annoying then TX on the internet. You sir take the prize.

You just like to pick people's opinions part and act like a ****ing know it all and OH I'M SO UNBIASED LOOK AT ME, I AM THE VOICE OF REASON IN BASEBALL, AND AM MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THEN ALL OF YOU

Let's not kid ourselves. Anyways, you can take the last word on this, I know you're THAT GUY that needs to have the last word.

If I'm a ball of naivete, then you're a ball of delusion.

Hmmm, and all I asked is if reporters should report on wrong doings.

I can see how you could get so worked up about that, that you have to resort to name calling.

Yeah, I am the guy with a problem ;)

Its easy to say all that when they don't pan out. Clemens won a championship for us, him being a POS aside.

And as for the Yankees ownership being an idiot brigade, well at least they spend the money. I'd rather them blow it on FA's then pocket it and hope and pray that the farm system works out.

Either way a happy medium has to be reached, and I think they are working towards it.

Yes. I'm sure everyone on this board armed with prime sources to make this book would turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it. Roberts gathered up a lot of sources over a long period of time and pulled threads from them bit by bit to make this book. It's pretty good reporting, at least. I'm not going to say it's good work because I don't know if the book is largely going to be gossip or it's going to be the facts from trusted sources.

Roberts' work on the Duke lacrosse team was pretty pathetic, but, to be fair, she was using information provided to her by the police department and justice department. She's not the bad guy in this situation.

Yes. I'm sure everyone on this board armed with prime sources to make this book would turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it. Roberts gathered up a lot of sources over a long period of time and pulled threads from them bit by bit to make this book. It's pretty good reporting, at least. I'm not going to say it's good work because I don't know if the book is largely going to be gossip or it's going to be the facts from trusted sources.

Roberts' work on the Duke lacrosse team was pretty pathetic, but, to be fair, she was using information provided to her by the police department and justice department. She's not the bad guy in this situation.

She's a piece of **** for that one.

Any time I see young pitchers from the farms doing well, it brings a smile to my face. I hope all those guys become stars and the next generation of talent for us.

The thing is though that the Sox have had some bats come up through their minors that are major contributors now. We can't rely on aging batters in free agency. Out side of Jackson who do we hear in the minors will be up soon and can produce?

Anyways- I think Cashman needs another year or two for us to really see the fruits of his work. There was a period of time when the "braintrust" controlled everything.

Archived