Pats' image takes a hit

GimmeShelter

Two Superbowl Victories, Two Superbowl MVP Trophies, the hightest winning percentage in the NFL and undefeated in the playoff's - I;d say Tom Brady is well on his way to the HOF.

BB - three sb's as HC and two as an assistant. The title "genius" and a coach of the year honors - I'd say he's well on his was too - heck his Giants Defensive game plan for the SB against Buff is already there.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You Pats fans have short memories, I tellya. Outside iof the strike season and Tony Eason, your franchise was actually worse run than ours is. Do the Jets have to get their sh*t together? Obviously, yes. Are the Pats the model franchise? Yes and no--Belichick is an anamoly, but there is no disputing that you guys are the class of the league. It should be the Jets mission to get there, but lets not pretend that the Pats have been, or will be, the greatest franchise of all time. Scumbags. :lol:

Two Superbowl Victories, Two Superbowl MVP Trophies, the hightest winning percentage in the NFL and undefeated in the playoff's - I;d say Tom Brady is well on his way to the HOF.

BB - three sb's as HC and two as an assistant. The title "genius" and a coach of the year honors - I'd say he's well on his was too - heck his Giants Defensive game plan for the SB against Buff is already there.

I'm not going to argue about BB being a HOF'er. However Brady may be a different story. It is not just my opinion but the opinions of the voters that Brady is a system QB as of right now. If he was to go to another team or seperate from BB for a lenght of time and struggled or turned into a journeymen you can write it down that he will not be voted in. It is sort of what happened to Ken Griffey, Jr. A sure shot lock to make it during his first 6 years in the league. But things change.

No one is aguring that the Pats were not a sorry franchise for what seems like forever - but don't diminish the fact that the team has turned into something special. It won't last forever. But I;m sure as heck enjoying this ride.

You Pats fans have short memories, I tellya. Outside iof the strike season and Tony Eason, your franchise was actually worse run than ours is. Do the Jets have to get their Sh#t together? Obviously, yes. Are the Pats the model franchise? Yes and no--Belichick is an anamoly, but there is no disputing that you guys are the class of the league. It should be the Jets mission to get there, but lets not pretend that the Pats have been, or will be, the greatest franchise of all time. Scumbags. :lol:

Hey Dumbass, tell the Pats fans something they DON'T already know. :wink:

Nice, real nice JonE! :evil: And a creator of a Jets board at that! Very mad! :twisted:

I'm a one man woman.

Me thinks someone may be sleeping on Ms. Sweet N' Innocent's sofa....

Damn straight he is. I'm not letting him sleep with US, darlin' :lol::lol::lol:

Ever hear Jimmy Johnson say that?

Actually, he did after the Superbowl. He said the Patriots was more impressive because of having to deal with the salary cap thing. :roll:

rsherry - Why do I have feeling these people you seem to reference alot are voices in your head? Maybe you were sulking immediately after the Superbowl for about a week, but the Brady for the Hall debate was talked about alot. The rang of answers went from Yes, to he needs to play well for another couple of years. The bottomline was as long as he can put up the numbers he has over the last 4 years, he will be a HofFer. He has three Superbowl titles and two Suprebowl MVPs.

Actually, he did after the Superbowl. He said the Patriots was more impressive because of having to deal with the salary cap thing. :roll:

rsherry - Why do I have feeling these people you seem to reference alot are voices in your head? Maybe you were sulking immediately after the Superbowl for about a week, but the Brady for the Hall debate was talked about alot. The rang of answers went from Yes, to he needs to play well for another couple of years. The bottomline was as long as he can put up the numbers he has over the last 4 years, he will be a HofFer. He has three Superbowl titles and two Suprebowl MVPs.

That is what I pretty much said in my other post. If he falls off the face of the earth tomorrow he will probably make it. If he seperates from BB and struggles history will remember Vinitiari and a great "team" winning those Super Bowls and little to no credit would go to Brady.

BTW, quote the text next time you throw out an insult. I was refering to the people that Vote on the HOF. Those people are the writers most of which still do not give Tom Brady the respect a pats fan does and rightfully so.

Archived