X-Men Origins: Wolverine - MERGED

Alk

Took the boys to see the 7 o' clock tonight. I kind of expected the same stuff from previous X-Men movies. Violence but nothing really hardcore. Boy was I surprised. This movie was a freakin' bloodbath. :lol: Jackman and Schreiber both nailed their roles. I wish I could say the same for the guy they cast as Gambit. He just seemed to be all wrong for the part. It was still cool to finally see him in an X-Men movie. Overall it was a pretty entertaining flick but it really seemed to drag at times.

Did Gambit at least talk with an accent? My friend got the game and he said it's gory as hell too so I'm sure he's going to love the movie when he sees it. Wolverine tore up a bunch of people in X3 but you didn't really see it too much because they always had him on the other side of the person he was slicing. Very disappointed with that aspect of that movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night :)

Did Gambit at least talk with an accent? My friend got the game and he said it's gory as hell too so I'm sure he's going to love the movie when he sees it. Wolverine tore up a bunch of people in X3 but you didn't really see it too much because they always had him on the other side of the person he was slicing. Very disappointed with that aspect of that movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night :)

It seemed like he "tried" to talk with an accent but it just wasn't even close. I'll tell you who could have pulled it off. Johnny Depp!! But it was much too small of a role to justify bringing him in.

It seemed like he "tried" to talk with an accent but it just wasn't even close. I'll tell you who could have pulled it off. Johnny Depp!! But it was much too small of a role to justify bringing him in.

Depp as Gambit would have been awesome IMO, I agree with you about the guy playing Gambit was wrong for the part. Very disappointed because he's one of my all time favorite....Did you happen to stay after the credits? I heard there's some extra scenes after the credits.

Fans of the genre will be gaga over this flick but it has the feel of Transporters with its special effects, twisting fight scenes and lack of pure story telling. Its opening credits tell more of the story than its last 90 minutes. It has moments, dont get me wrong, but it lacks the impact and intensity of Iron Man.

Jackman plays it close to the vest and Schrieber is appropriately evil when needed.

There is too much saving story time to throw in another special effect fight scene. Iron Man found a better balance.

For XMen fans , you will enjoy less than Iron Man but enjoy none the less.

It obvioulsy gives us the neccasary plot lines for Wolverine 2 an dlets hope the get that one better.

2 1/2 stars_002.gif's

Depp as Gambit would have been awesome IMO, I agree with you about the guy playing Gambit was wrong for the part. Very disappointed because he's one of my all time favorite....Did you happen to stay after the credits? I heard there's some extra scenes after the credits.

I saw the first scene in the middle of the credits but it sounds like there was another one at the very end that I missed.

I saw the first scene in the middle of the credits but it sounds like there was another one at the very end that I missed.

<SPOILER ALERT>

All you missed was Striker being picked up while on his "walk" by the military in connection with the general's death.

<SPOILER ALERT>

All you missed was Striker being picked up while on his "walk" by the military in connection with the general's death.

Not true,,,spolier alert

that was in middle of credits..at end of credits there is another scene...two actually depending on reel u get at theater..

1st one is a hand picking up the head of recently decapitated mutant..

and other is scene where wolverine is drinking i na bar and batertender says ' u drinking to forget, he says no drinkin to remember'

I feel like it depends on what you are looking for. This isn't a plot driven movie and if that's what you are looking for you will be disappointed. It is more or less mindless action which did well in that regard for entertainment. I though jackman and schrieber were pretty good and the other characterswere lacking. Gambit was disappointing in particular. I found it better than the other xmen movies myself.

I feel like it depends on what you are looking for. This isn't a plot driven movie and if that's what you are looking for you will be disappointed. It is more or less mindless action which did well in that regard for entertainment. I though jackman and schrieber were pretty good and the other characterswere lacking. Gambit was disappointing in particular. I found it better than the other xmen movies myself.

I disagree...Iron Man brought action, effects and adult driven deeper plot..

The new Star Trek, from all early reports has a great plot........

You can do both...

Remember folks,,stay for secret scene at end of credits,,there is a scene in middle of credits, BUT, there is another scene totally at end of credits....

Stay..........................

Actually in theater I go to, they do trivia with free tickets as prizes before previews come on,,and the manager of theater announced that there is a secret scene at end of flick...

Fans of the genre will be gaga over this flick but it has the feel of Transporters with its special effects, twisting fight scenes and lack of pure story telling. Its opening credits tell more of the story than its last 90 minutes. It has moments, dont get me wrong, but it lacks the impact and intensity of Iron Man.

Jackman plays it close to the vest and Schrieber is appropriately evil when needed.

There is too much saving story time to throw in another special effect fight scene. Iron Man found a better balance.

For XMen fans , you will enjoy less than Iron Man but enjoy none the less.

It obvioulsy gives us the neccasary plot lines for Wolverine 2 an dlets hope the get that one better.

2 1/2 stars_002.gif's

I hated this movie. It was horrible. This coming from a comic book fan and X-Men nut for the past 2 and a half decades. I don't mind changing the comic book story to fit a movie, but nothing was remotely close except the actual addition of Wolverines adamantium skeleton.

I even tried to look past that, but even just as a stand alone movie it was bad.

Wow, always amazing to see people's point of view when it's not lining up with yours. I felt if anything Gambit was the best part of this movie. The action scenes were horrible.

I havent seen it. Maybe I should actually invest in a boyfriend.

Why do you need a boyfriend to go to a movie? Just freakin' go. If I want to see a movie that my wife doesn't want to I'll just go by myself or with a friend that wants to see it. One of the best times I had at a movie was by myself at Lord of the Rings with a bottle of Crown.

Why do you need a boyfriend to go to a movie? Just freakin' go. If I want to see a movie that my wife doesn't want to I'll just go by myself or with a friend that wants to see it. One of the best times I had at a movie was by myself at Lord of the Rings with a bottle of Crown.

I went to a movie by myself once, and it was kinda cool. I don't think there was anybody else in the theatre except me. It was for Beowulf, and I liked the movie actually. I essentially had my own giant screen TV and sound system, in my own room. As if I was some rich dude that could build something like that.

The reason for that was I needed to take my car in for something, and didn't have classes or work that day. I figured I'd drop it off, kill some time reading or getting other work done, then get home. Instead, the service place tells me my warranty covers a loaner car, and basically kicks me out. They give me a giant minivan thing (I don't understand why) and it's all souped up and all, but I realize...I forgot my parking garage remote in my car. I remember looking for parking on the street, but there was none anywhere near my place. I had my bookbag and a giant minivan, so I just went to the shopping mall and took a nap in the back and got some work done, but eventually got bored and wanted to kill more time. So I see the movie. I believe this would be about 2 years ago.

I kind of want to watch a movie again on my own, and I especially would love having my own theatre again. But I haven't, and it's probably impossible out anywhere in NY, no matter what day or time, especially in this economy with more people being out of work probably. And there's no way I'll ever have enough money to burn that I can build one for the same effect.

I know people in general were not impressed by Beowulf, I can't help but wonder if the experience was what made me like it so much.

Saw the movie on Saturday night. I enjoyed it for the most part. I was very disappointed in the fx they used on Wolverine's claws though. At least in the first three movies, he actually had real props on his hands. There were scenes in this movie that the blades even looked too long.

Aside from that it was pretty enjoyable.

Couple of reasons I thought this movie sucked:

-CGI was terrible. The scene where he's looking at his claws in the mirror was a joke. The CGI looked like it could have been made for a straight-to-DVD movie.

-How exactly does someone born in the "northwest territories of Canada, 1845" fight in just about every major war for the U.S.? Also completely ignoring the fact that the dominion of Canada wasn't formed until 1867 and the northwest territories weren't organized until 1870.

-The entire movie, I felt like this was all information I had already gotten from the X-Men movies. Honestly, the focus of the X-Men movies were more on Wolverine than anyone else. Why did I need another story. Should have focused on just one of his adventures, instead of AGAIN going into his past.

Jackman and Schreiber did fine. They gave ryan reynolds all of 2 seconds on screen and teh whole Deadpool thing was a joke. The guy who played Gambit couldn't hold an accent to save his life.

I didn't think it was as bad as some other people did. Not a "good" movie by any means, but I had more fun watching it than I expected to. I think it's enjoyable if you're looking to just chill out for a couple hours and rest your brain. :)

I was talking to two of the guys at work who saw it and both hated it, but they're also both huge comic fans who read the comics religiously. I find that people I know who followed the comic books closely are the ones that hate these types of movies. Casual fans like me who might not know when something in the movie is different are generally entertained.

The CGI on Wolverine's claws were definitely horrible though. They should have stuck with the same people who did it in the three X-Men movies.

Archived