Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

NEW YORK YANKEES (13-11)

VS.

BOSTON RED SOX (15-10)

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png...................100px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png

Monday: RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00) vs. LHP Jon Lester (1-2, 5.40) @ 7:05 PM

Tuesday: RHP Joba Chamberlain (1-0, 3.13) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (2-2, 7.22) @ 7:05 PM

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be very disappointed if the Yanks don't take both of these. They need these games in the standings.

Likewise, I'd be disappointed if the Sox don't take both as they should have the pitching advantage in each. Depends on which Lester and which Beckett show up. Should be interesting because it will be the Sox first time at the new stadium and they'll be coming off of a terrible series against the Rays.

I would like to watch the Hughes/Lester match-up but playoff hockey takes precedent.

Tyler, you plan on sticking around for this one or only if the Yankees win? You were awfully quiet in the last series. :)

Likewise, I'd be disappointed if the Sox don't take both as they should have the pitching advantage in each. Depends on which Lester and which Beckett show up. Should be interesting because it will be the Sox first time at the new stadium and they'll be coming off of a terrible series against the Rays.

I would like to watch the Hughes/Lester match-up but playoff hockey takes precedent.

Tyler, you plan on sticking around for this one or only if the Yankees win? You were awfully quiet in the last series. :)

I disagree, the way those guys have been pitching, the Yanks have the pitching advantage.

I think the rainout screwed us now. If there was a game today, and Phil Hughes pitched today, and Joba for game 1, and Burnett for game 2, we would obviously win both games for revenge since it's in the Stadium. Now, I am thinking a split will happen, us winning game 2.

If we ever get this game in, here is the Yankee lineup.

1. Derek Jeter SS

2. Johnny Damon LF

3. Mark Teixeira 1B

4. Nick Swisher RF

5. Robinson Cano 2B

6. Jorge Posada DH

7. Melky Cabrera CF

8. Jose Molina C

9. Angel Berroa 3B

Pitching: RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00)

If we ever get this game in, here is the Yankee lineup.

1. Derek Jeter SS

2. Johnny Damon LF

3. Mark Teixeira 1B

4. Nick Swisher RF

5. Robinson Cano 2B

6. Jorge Posada DH

7. Melky Cabrera CF

8. Jose Molina C

9. Angel Berroa 3B

Pitching: RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00)

Do you think they'll be able to get it in?

I think the rainout screwed us now. If there was a game today, and Phil Hughes pitched today, and Joba for game 1, and Burnett for game 2, we would obviously win both games for revenge since it's in the Stadium. Now, I am thinking a split will happen, us winning game 2.

Obviously?

Revenge is hardly a huge factor in baseball

Poor Joba.

Joba Chamberlain's mother is jailed in Nebraska and facing a felony charge after being arrested on suspicion of selling methamphetamine to an undercover police officer in February.

As if the DUI arrest wasn't embarrassing enough. Lincoln Police Capt. David Beggs said that 44-year-old Jacqueline Standley was arrested at her apartment Saturday night. She allegedly sold one gram of a substance believed to be meth to an uncover officer for $110 on Feb. 11. The substance tested positive for meth in testing at the state laboratory.

The Associated Press

Poor Joba.

Joba Chamberlain's mother is jailed in Nebraska and facing a felony charge after being arrested on suspicion of selling methamphetamine to an undercover police officer in February.

As if the DUI arrest wasn't embarrassing enough. Lincoln Police Capt. David Beggs said that 44-year-old Jacqueline Standley was arrested at her apartment Saturday night. She allegedly sold one gram of a substance believed to be meth to an uncover officer for $110 on Feb. 11. The substance tested positive for meth in testing at the state laboratory.

Chances are he could careless about his mother, she walked out on him and his father when he was just a little boy.

Chances are he could careless about his mother, she walked out on him and his father when he was just a little boy.

I heard this happened because she's a clairvoyant, and even when he was a small child, she predicted he would be a bust someday with the Yankees. The meth sales are her way of deadening the pain of seeing her prophecy come to light.

I heard this happened because she's a clairvoyant, and even when he was a small child, she predicted he would be a bust someday with the Yankees. The meth sales are her way of deadening the pain of seeing her prophecy come to light.

Dumb..

Joba has a 2.85 ERA as a starter, and 1.53 ERA has a reliever

The Red Sox are just so much better in every facet of the game its scary.

Phil Hughes isnt built to pitch these types of games. Dude is soft. This entire team is soft.

Tough position for Hughes to be in. The Sawx plus the rain. He did have a fabulous first start in Detroit, but at 49 pitches through 2 innings this could be a long night for the Yanks shaky pen.

Archived