Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

The New York Yankees organization is a complete embarrassment right now. From the ownership, to the awful new Stadium right to the actual product on the field.

It's a sickening feeling because my hands are tieD. I cant just stop rooting for them...even with them representing everything that is wrong in sports.

If they were winning, it might be easier...but this team hasnt won a playoff series in 5 years. Multiply by a Moseleum that is half empty every night...you have one ticked off fanbase.

You're free to root for someone else. No one is forcing you.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're free to root for someone else. No one is forcing you.

You're happy with the way the organization is being run? I could understand if they were winning, but theyre not. The team sucks...

Randy Levine is the biggest scumbag in sports in my eyes. Him and Dolan need to jump off a cliff. Both are ruining the two most important franchises in NY.

That is not difficult to do, when you have more seats.

FACT-The Mets are actually selling a greater percentage of their total seats than the Yankees.

Opinion-Who cares, except for you who seems to have to have a knee jerk reaction to any Yankee opinion that does not agree with your own.

Obviously percentage in this debate would only matter if they sold out the ballpark. This argument only works for the Red Sox, because Fenway sells out.

You're happy with the way the organization is being run? I could understand if they were winning, but theyre not. The team sucks...

Randy Levine is the biggest scumbag in sports in my eyes. Him and Dolan need to jump off a cliff. Both are ruining the two most important franchises in NY.

Randy Levine doesn't handle any aspect of the baseball operations.

Obviously percentage in this debate would only matter if they sold out the ballpark. This argument only works for the Red Sox, because Fenway sells out.

Do you even realize what you are arguing any more?

The whole debate started with someone saying the stadium was half empty.

That sent you in Colonel Flagg, mode protecting everything "Yankee".

You stated correctly, that the Yankees sell more tickets than the Mets.

I also correctly told you, that in relation to empty seats, the Yankees have more than the Mets.

I also state "both teams are probably somewhat disappointed" as well as "who cares".

In your over zealous attempt to protect everything Yankees, you lost your point.

Randy Levine doesn't handle any aspect of the baseball operations. He deals with the Yankees money.

Well, no ****. And that's all the Yankees care about now, OUR money. The product on the field is an after thought. The first Yankees Red Sox game in the new glitzy Stadium looked like a Jets preseason game in the 4th quarter attendnance wise.

They saw the old Stadium as a roadblock into making more money...when in reality it was home.

I'm not happy with the results, but I believe Cashman and the Yankees are doing what they can do get this team to where it needs to be, the World Series.

Do you even realize what you are arguing any more?

The whole debate started with someone saying the stadium was half empty.

That sent you in Colonel Flagg, mode protecting everything "Yankee".

You stated correctly, that the Yankees sell more tickets than the Mets.

I also correctly told you, that in relation to empty seats, the Yankees have more than the Mets.

I also state "both teams are probably somewhat disappointed" as well as "who cares".

In your over zealous attempt to protect everything Yankees, you lost your point.

85.2% isn't half empty.

88.5% isn't half empty.

I wasn't the one that made that statement.

The Yankees are doing well, but are behind 5 other clubs in terms of percentage of seats to full they are selling.

They sold seats at a higher percentage, through all of last year, in comparison 92%.

Well, no ****. And that's all the Yankees care about now, OUR money. The product on the field is an after thought. The first Yankees Red Sox game in the new glitzy Stadium looked like a Jets preseason game in the 4th quarter attendnance wise.

They saw the old Stadium as a roadblock into making more money...when in reality it was home.

Yeah, so the Yankees brought in Sabathia, Teixeira, and Burnett.. because the product on the field was an after thought. Get a clue.

Yup, sure did. And I understand it was raining,nasty and delayed for 2 hours, but but that never stopped yankee fans before. Even the cheering was weak.

Yeah, so the Yankees brought in Sabathia, Teixeira, and Burnett.. because the product on the field was an after thought. Get a clue.

That might be true but dont be naive in thinking they didnt spend almost a 1/2 billion dollars on 3 players just so they could sell out those shiny, elitist $2500 seats :rolleyes:

That might be true but dont be naive in thinking they didnt spend almost a 1/2 billion dollars on 3 players just so they could sell out those shiny, elitist $2500 seats :rolleyes:

Name 1 team that doesn't bring in players to sell tickets.

Bull****...

What you are is a Yankee bully. if someone does not agree with your perspective on the Yankees, you call them names, you deride them, you chastise them for either not being a fan and drinking your kool-aid or being a hater.

You are the definition of a bully, insecure that others won't think the same way you do.

What you are is a Yankee bully. if someone does not agree with your perspective on the Yankees, you call them names, you deride them, you chastise them for either not being a fan and drinking your kool-aid or being a hater.

You are the definition of a bully, insecure that others won't think the same way you do.

Maybe it was because I got beat up as a child, that or I disagree with them, and retaliated after I was called a name.

WHatever makes you sleep better at night.

I don't know about you, but I actually go to games. I've experienced everything at a ballpark, including rain delays. I've stayed for some, I've left for other, and to say the ballpark across the street was always full even after a long delay simply isn't true. It's one thing to have opinion, it's another to be wrong. I'll probably be waiting for a rain delay tonight.

The product on the field stinks. This team is gutless, like its front office.

This season is a trainwreck.

Name any player the Yanks have developed themselves that has made an impact outside of Derek Jeter, Andy Pettite and the neo generation of kids? Again, I never said they NEVER HAVE developed players but outside of those guys, who else have they developed themselves? Theo Epstein >Brian Cashman

Vaginitis>Brian Cashman

We are not having a great start right now but I wouldn't say this season is a train wreck just yet.

Im factoring the new stadium and the performace of our overpiced aquistions. Add in the fact we've been completely blown off the field several times.

I think we'll get it together when it warms up, but this start hasnt been ideal. They're hard to watch. On a brighter note, Teixeira looks like he's warming up FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

It aint warm in October....

When did this exucse even become relevant? We'll play better when it gets warm out? I wish I could tell my boss that during the winter.

It aint warm in October....

When did this exucse even become relevant? We'll play better when it gets warm out? I wish I could tell my boss that during the winter.

It has nothing to do with weather, Teixeira has good post season numbers.

Bernie Williams was a really slow starter, yet he obviously hit in October.

Hold on a second.. why doesn't Robinson Cano count? and who the hell are "neo generation kids"

As in Robinson Cano, UDFA Melky Cabrera, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes , the god awful Ian Kennedy to some extent.

As in Robinson Cano, UDFA Melky Cabrera, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes , the god awful Ian Kennedy to some extent.

So why don't they count? it's like me saying..

Who has the Red Sox developed besides Youk, Papelbon, Pedroia, Lester, Ellsbury, ect...

It has nothing to do with weather, Teixeira has good post season numbers.

Bernie Williams was a really slow starter, yet he obviously hit in October.

The Yankees have used the cold as an excuse for some time now. Damon's said it, Randy Johnson used to say it....its been used ever since they forgot how to win in the postseason, and now apparently the regular season.

Who has the Red Sox developed besides Youk, Papelbon, Pedroia, Lester, Ellsbury, ect...

That's a pretty solid core right there. One reigning MVP and most likely one coming from Youk this season.

The Yankees have used the cold as an excuse for some time now. Damon's said it, Randy Johnson used to say it....its been used ever since they forgot how to win in the postseason, and now apparently the regular season.

Bernie Williams was aloud to use it...

Dude, I never said they didnt count, what are you talking about, this is my orginal statement:

Name any player the Yanks have developed themselves that has made an impact outside of Derek Jeter, Andy Pettite and the neo generation of kids?

You then threw out Robinson Cano's name saying I excluded him when in fact he's one of the new kids and he WAS included in my statement. I can't possibly dumb it down any further.

That's a pretty solid core right there. One reigning MVP and most likely one coming from Youk this season.

Yes it is, there the model franchise right now, but again DarkLady says I can't count Cano, Joba or Wang.. makes no sense.

Dude, I never said they didnt count, what are you talking about, this is my orginal statement:

You then threw out Robinson Cano's name saying I excluded him when in fact he's one of the new kids and he WAS included in my statement. I can't possibly dumb it down any further.

Dudette,

Why do I need to name people outside of Cano, Wang, Joba, ect...

Archived