Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Who'da thunk Joba & Hughes would be our most reliable pitchers in May? :rolleyes:

MadMike?

He has 10 hits allowed and 7 walks. Not the best recipe. The walks are the more troubling issue. He had 8 all of last year.

He also had one of his highest ERAs last year and lowest WHIP.

Seeing most of the walks come against the Yankees, I am willing to bet they are working the count and getting high pitch counts like they always do.

I understand why they have a no re-entry policy, but on a night when the stadium is only going to be half full anyway just let the f#ckers in. Who cares if half the Bronx sneaks in.

And the fans learned a lesson. The people working there are retarded and have no clue on whats going on. The workers are just as dumb as the ticket holders.

You NEVER leave until there is an official announcement made over the P.A. NEVER. If its that important to you and you've already waited 2 hours, why cant you sit there until an official announcement? People working security or in a concession stand have no idea what decisions are being made by the baseball people.

I thought that was the problem. The Stadium Staff were saying it was canceled.

By the way.. the Yankees are currently second in attendance, between the Dodgers and Phillies.

That is pathetic.

Recession or not.......NY is the biggest city and the tri-state region probably has 2-3x the population of any other city.

Kind of off topic, but it's these numbers that will someday force the Red Sox to build a bigger ballpark.

Why?

If they are ever to find land relatively close to Fenway and work something out with the local government. :rl:

I could see them bumping the attendance up a few thousand. Maybe, topping out at 40K.

Right now, with a 36K/37K capacity is perfect. They can create a demand on tickets and bump the prices up.

It will be a cold day in hell if we see a new Fenway in our lifetimes. I don't think Tyler realizes that getting public money to build sports stadiums just doesn't happen in Massachusetts.

TD BankNorth Garden: Privately funded by Delaware North (Jeremy Jacobs & the Bruins).

Gillette Staduim: Privately funded by Robert Kraft.

All the Commonwealth kicked in was money for infrastructure improvements for Gillette. I don't think they spent a dime for the new Garden.

I know it will never happen.

Isn't Henry buying up most of the local surrounding property?

IMHO they will continue to refurbish the current stadium and try to squeeze maximum available seating.

Heads Up To All You Yankees and Red Sox Homers:

Avoid the personal insults and name calling.

You guys have been enemies long enough to be able to talk smack to each other without personal insults and language.

You're all better than that.

Unfortunately for you, none of your 3B are better than Brandon Inge.

Go Tigers. Play Nice.

G.O.B. :fighting0002:

When is Cabreera coming to Boston?

I haven't heard a bad thing about the new Yankee Stadium sight lines at all so thats a good thing. I went to old Yankee Stadium twice. Sat in the bleachers once (bleachers are what they are) and then way up top in right field. Talk about vertigo and bad sight lines! Those seats were horrible.

I think we can all agree Shea was a dump.

Both the Mets and Yankees will work out the kinks with their new Stadiums and all will be good.

Don't they both have obstructed view seats? By obstructed view I mean you cannot see a good portion of the field?

The Yankees lately are like the whole swine flu nonsense. Everything is blown completely way out of proportion by a few alarmists, and ultimately, it's not really that big of a deal.

Your team is poorly managed.

They have an economic advantage no one can touch. It is the only reason you are competitive.

They should not be looking at their 9th straight season without a title. It is not like they are getting better. They are getting progressively worse every year.

Im siding with the journalist who has went through the same type of experience.

Fan police...watch out.

The ticket fiasco thing seeing it is their policy....meh. There are probably a few things they can do to let people back in. Stamping the hand or whatever. When they saw people leaving they should have been announcing the game has bot been canceled and if you leave, you cannot get back. No more the a CYA.

The issue I have with the article, if true, is denying access to the guard rails to kids seeking autographs. What type of crap is that? Shutdown 30 or 60 minutes before game time, but that is part of going to the game experience.

Yankees are such are $hitty run franchise.

They dont want us poor people treading into their sections and farting on their premium padded seats.

If you were a rich corporate dooshie you wouldnt want it either.

If I was a rich corporate dooshie and saw the rain. I would have given the tickets to one of my underlings and then used it as a tax write off for 10x the value.

Lol, that MUST be it.

I think that's been the worst part about these losses. We haven't really gotten thumped terribly... we've been in every game. And in every game... the Sox find a way to get the hits and the Yankees tease and choke. :bag:

That sounds like what............................

Sox fan talking about the Yankees 10 years ago.

Yup.

I'm not lying to myself. The tables are turned and we're the ones looking down the barrel of the gun.

Like I said previous, before there was an air, a feel of invincibility.

Now it's a feeling of inevitability. I know sox fans will disagree but this roster HAS the talent to change everything. But the question is if they have that "it" that "drive" to just will themselves to be the team to beat.

I would have to agree.

It is a good team. There is talent, but "it" is missing.

Francesa is killing the Yanks. Wonder if he and Tyler feel the core should be broken up like they did with the Mets.:rolleyes:

They should.

It is clear it is not working.

If the Yankees truly have a deep farm system, bring up more players. Cut ties with a majority of the vets near 35yo or older. Bye bye Damon, Matsui. If you have a hole, trade or sign a young player with upside to fill that spot.

Do something about the middle relief.

Raw emotion is just that brother... raw, uncontrolled, reactive, etc.

You can't think "wait I'm losing!, can't do that!"

You let out that emotion, if you can control, if it helps you then feed on it. I was always an emotional player. That's the way we are as fans bro, say you guys were losing that game with Beckett. Flip flop the roles, and say Becks strikes out the last guy he faces, he lets out a primal scream and is FIRED UP.

Then the Sox come up, knock in 2-3 runs, take the lead and win the game... Dont' you think people would say "OH MAN, THE RAW EMOTION OF BECKETT IGNITED THIS TEAM!!"

That's the thing with emotion, people look at it in a subjective/logical manner. It's not logical. A fist pump, a primal scream, something that is a literal outburst at anytime is fine by me. A celebration of jumping up and down, showboating and showing people up, trash talking is a different story.

I think there is a fine line there.

If you get out of a big inning or pressure packed situation, then it is ok even if you are losing.

If you are like those ass clowns that strike a pose after getting a first down late in the 4th when you are down 35-10. That is flat out stupid.

All of this crap is not black and white....it is as the rest of life...gray.

Boston is the least diverse city in America. And most racist. And you're really going to dispute that with a recent action by Massachusetts voters? The ones who continually elect Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank, etc. etc.? Funny stuff. Thanks.

Wrong.

http://www.boston.com/jobs/press/2006/012506.shtml

Boston has s shameful racial history. There is no arguments there.

Considering some of the borderline tongue and cheek that are not really tongue and cheek typed on this board, NYers are one to talk.

There's that defensiveness I spoke of.

Let's see. I've spent extensive time and have stayed/lived/worked in: Framingham, Worcester, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville, Copley Square, Fenway, South Boston, Quincy, Fall River, Pembroke, Plymouth, most of the Cape, to name a few. And that's just in the eastern half of the commonwealth. You want addresses and phone numbers to follow up with?

What are you Barney Frank's lover? :confused:

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company