Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

This is quite possibly the silliest thread in the history of messageboards.

At least the Sox won.

I think even madmike would be embarrassed with this thread and Tyler's behaviour.

Why?

If they are ever to find land relatively close to Fenway and work something out with the local government. :rl:

I could see them bumping the attendance up a few thousand. Maybe, topping out at 40K.

Right now, with a 36K/37K capacity is perfect. They can create a demand on tickets and bump the prices up.

It will be a cold day in hell if we see a new Fenway in our lifetimes. I don't think Tyler realizes that getting public money to build sports stadiums just doesn't happen in Massachusetts.

TD BankNorth Garden: Privately funded by Delaware North (Jeremy Jacobs & the Bruins).

Gillette Staduim: Privately funded by Robert Kraft.

All the Commonwealth kicked in was money for infrastructure improvements for Gillette. I don't think they spent a dime for the new Garden.

I know it will never happen.

Isn't Henry buying up most of the local surrounding property?

IMHO they will continue to refurbish the current stadium and try to squeeze maximum available seating.

They purchased some property but not nearly enough to build a new ballpark. They purchased that crappy bowling alley across from the Cask and Flagon and turned it into a Sports Bar.

As you know there is no real estate available in the area. South Boston was the most logical choice a few years ago but the politicians turned down Kraft in the late 90's and the previous Sox ownership in the early part of this decade.

The Commonwealth then built a convention centre in South Boston that nobody wanted (apart from the politicians).

Back on topic: Tyler you need to have a thicker skin. Being called a Homer is nothing like calling a woman a bitch.

Whoever Guido is, just don't call him a "Homer". Or we might see some more sparks fly.

:rl:

Fact-There are 5 other teams in MLB that sell out a greater percent of their seats than the Yankees.

Another fact-I don't really care.

I was just guiding a misguided principal by TD as he was using numbers that did not pertain to the discussion at hand.

Do the attendance numbers mean people who actually show up or is it like the NFL when they count tickets sold as the attendance?

They just count ticket ssold.

For a good number of years, the NL counted only people who showed up. They finally changed that.

Thats a crock. In the box score they should list tickets sold and tickets scanned.

How many times have we seen games at Dolphin Stadium with thousands upon thousands of empty seats called a sellout?

If you hate this "gorgeous" new Stadium, you're not a real fan.

If security ws giving you a problem for trying to take a picture- you were probably drunk.

Randy Levine, is that you?

Gillette Stadium was "gorgeous" when it opened in 2002. That doesn't discount the fact the there was a severe lack of mens bathrooms and getting in to the Stadium was a mess.

When I complained about it my fellows Pats fans agreed that it was terrible. The Patriots listened and all was taken care of in the next couple of seasons.

Homers are the best. No matter what the ownership/team does all is good :rolleyes:

It doesn't make you less of a fan if you complain about things that negatively impact your game day experience.

There are so many kinks to work out of a new stadium, everything can't be thought of.

Some people here are confusing the stadium for the team, and not allowing any comments based on what people are feeling and seeing is silly

Well said. Some posters think criticizing the stadium = criticizing the team. That isn't the case at all.

I haven't heard many complaints about Citi Field. Have you heard anything?

For what it's worth I think the Yankees need to train their support staff and security people to shut up if they don't know what is going on.

What happened to Matt39 after a game was ridiculous.

There are enough complaints about Citi also:

-sight lines.

-met items displayed.

Discussing those and saying what you feel does not constitute tearing down the team.

TD and a few others feel that they have the duty to protect all that is Yankees.

It's like the emperor's clothes.

Shea was one of those awful multi-purpose crap Stadiums built in the '60's like Three Rivers, Riverfront, etc. I went to a Pats/Steelers game in 1994 and couldn't see from the 10 yard line to the endzone where I sat.

Are the sight lines that bad at Citi? The lack of Mets items needs to be taken up with ownership.

Here are the negatives I've read about the new Yankee Stadium:

- Ridiculous prices to sit down low between 1st and 3rd.

- Uninformed & overly aggressive security/staff.

- HR's are flying out of the place.

I've been to Citifield as well, and I'd have to say that I think the sightline thing is blown way out of proportion. Citifield is sweet. It reminded me a bit of Philly's new stadium, but I think in some ways it fell just short of that one.

But in comparison to Shea, it is a one million times improvement. Mets fans should be psyched.

I haven't heard a bad thing about the new Yankee Stadium sight lines at all so thats a good thing. I went to old Yankee Stadium twice. Sat in the bleachers once (bleachers are what they are) and then way up top in right field. Talk about vertigo and bad sight lines! Those seats were horrible.

I think we can all agree Shea was a dump.

Both the Mets and Yankees will work out the kinks with their new Stadiums and all will be good.

I went to the first games at Citizens Bank park (am still a ticket season holder) and right away there were things that were just off:

-You could not see the numbers on the scoreboard facade (the background was not contrasting from the numbers), and it was tough to tell the count.

-You could not hear announcements in all parts of the stadium.

-Of course, the idea of having the visitor's bullpen so close to the fans was a huge mistake (or was it)

But they eventually got these things worked out.

Opening a stadium, hosting upwards of 50,000 people is a task of epic proportions. And not everyone is going to get it right. And not everyone is going to be trained properly

Their will always be kinks to work out at a new Stadium so I agree 100%.

I don't buy the "trained properly" part as the older Stadiums (The Vet, old Yankee Stadium, Foxboro Stadium, Shea, etc) were much worse places to control a crowd.

If anything the security should have a much better grasp on what is going on. From my 7 years of going to Gillette there are many more security people than what we ever had at Foxboro.

:rl:

You belong back at JI if you think you need to put people to task since they disagree with you. Talking sports is having a discussion, listening to what someone else says, and expressing your opinion. You for some reason cant do this. You cant stop until you yell louder than everyone else.

If you just stuck to discussing baseball you would be fine. But you cant. Your blatant homerism totally destroys any good input you have about baseball.

Too bad. I thought you were a good addition here for a while. Now... I see you for what you really are.

TD never left JI. What kind of "threat" is that? http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194216

So, who gets hit?

That would be Bay as Youk isn't playing tonight. I loved the way Joba celebrated to end the 5th. Bring on the bullpen!

He's pitching the 6th.

Awesome.

Those empty seats behind home plate look awesome. Go Yankees!

Except in Boston, where everything is white.

The Governor of Massachusetts says hi.

DEVALsussman1.jpg

Who cares.

Me thinks Guido has an issue with the City of Boston.

Right, and you just know he grew up or lives in a diverth community like the north shore of LI.

:Typotux:

With a username like Guido Monzino I'm sure he spends a lot of his time at Seaside Heights in the summer. We all know that is a diverse crowd! ;)

You really think that's a real name?

I said username.

Actually, Bostonians, although they appear to share many of the same traits and clearly share common ancestors as others from Mass, seem to have evolved an extra protective layer of anger, agressiveness, and self-defense. I'm developing a theory that delves into the many factors that have contributed to the behavior.

What baffles me about the culture though still is how the language up there formed. It appears to be some kind of degraded form of English in which they have removed the letter "R".

The City of Boston has around 600,000 residents and believe it or not they aren't all white!

Most of us Mass residents live outside the City. I live exactly 10 miles north of Boston and can be downtown in 15 minutes.

BTW: A New Yorker making fun of a Massachusetts accent is ironic to say the least.

The many weeks and months I have spent in the city of Boston

Is it weeks or months or was it 4 weeks that equaled a month :confused:

May 7, 2009, Log entry #4,239: Local tribal residents of Stoneham, MA exhibiting struggles with simple math and/or the Gregorian calendar concept.

You said many weeks and months. How long were you up here? Where did you stay?

Since you have thrown Boston under the bus I would like to know how you formed your opinion.

There's that defensiveness I spoke of.

Let's see. I've spent extensive time and have stayed/lived/worked in: Framingham, Worcester, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville, Copley Square, Fenway, South Boston, Quincy, Fall River, Pembroke, Plymouth, most of the Cape, to name a few. And that's just in the eastern half of the commonwealth. You want addresses and phone numbers to follow up with?

Lets break this down:

Apart from the Cape and Back Bay you have been to the most diverse places in Massachusetts. Or does diverse only equal black in your narrow mind?

Wrong thread. Oops. Go Sox!

The thread is good it's just that Guido brought up his hatred of the City of Boston instead of his hatred for the team that plays in Boston.

So by your admission, there are no "black" people in any of those places?

By the way, when did I ever say anything about African Americans?

If you have actually been to the towns in Boston you claim to have gone to you would know diversity is part of life in Mass.

Framingham & Somerville have many Brazilians. Fall River is predominantly Portuguese. South Boston is probably the most diverse neighborhood in the State.

Fenway is full of gay people and degenerates. I can't comment on Plymouth as I've never been there.

Can you please stop talking out of your arse?

SIG WORTHY

Good for you if you want to use that as your sig. I was talking about the Fenway area in the City you loathe.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company