Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Likewise, I'd be disappointed if the Sox don't take both as they should have the pitching advantage in each. Depends on which Lester and which Beckett show up. Should be interesting because it will be the Sox first time at the new stadium and they'll be coming off of a terrible series against the Rays.

I would like to watch the Hughes/Lester match-up but playoff hockey takes precedent.

Tyler, you plan on sticking around for this one or only if the Yankees win? You were awfully quiet in the last series. :)

I disagree, the way those guys have been pitching, the Yanks have the pitching advantage.

If you're going to call me a homer, than can I call you a stupid bitch?

No, you ****ing can't.

There is a big difference between being called a homer and a stupid bitch.

Enough of that.

I disagree. If someone personally attacks me, then I'll go right ahead and do the same.

Ban me if you like, I really don't give a sh*t.

If you can't see the difference between being called a homer and being called a stupid bitch, then you have serious problems my friend.

If I wasn't called a homer, than no one gets called anything.

You are one thin skinned dude if being called a homer upsets you.

I'll bet you're a hoot at parties.

There also isn't any need to be labeling someone a homer.

There is some truth in calling you a homer, so it's not really an insult.

DLJ, on the other hand, isn't stupid.;)

I am a homer for the Mets, Jets and Rangers-see me upset about that. You need to get a grasp of reality. Stick to rooting for your team and not comment about others.

You're a prick.

Homer.

This is quite possibly the silliest thread in the history of messageboards.

At least the Sox won.

• Upvote 1

You are from New York, which is why you aren't a bandwagoner on the Jets, besides the point that they suck, there is no one in their right mind that would bandwagon on them anyway.

You root for a team from Boston, and Pittsburgh. If you're from New York, and your a Jets fan, you should be rooting for the Mets, and probably Rangers or Islanders. You obviously bandwagon on those 2 teams.

Also, the fact that you think Okajima is any good is laughable, that is the first time I have ever seen him do well against the Yankees.

Who are you? The fan police? You're going to tell us who we should be rooting for? Maybe I became a Red Sox fan because there are plenty of Yankee fans that I didn't want to be associated with.

Some of you Yankee fans are so arrogant.

• Upvote 1

Who are you? The fan police? You're going to tell us who we should be rooting for? Maybe I became a Red Sox fan because there are plenty of Yankee fans that I didn't want to be associated with.

Some of you Yankee fans are so arrogant.

And before any of you get your panties in a bunch. Yes, I realize that there are douchebag arrogant Sox fans too. I'm not arrogant.

Instead, Mariano blows a "gimmee" save and we lose the next three.

Not sure I would call that a 'gimme'. You want to blame him for walking Millar, fine, but Bill Mueller is one of the few people in baseball to hit Mariano fairly well.

I was annoyed with Fatcessa getting on Joba for pumping his fist. I am blown away by how many people DON'T want to see emotion in sports. He's a kid, emotion is a good thing.

There are plenty of Yankee fans here who got on Josh Beckett and Papelbon for doing the same thing. I'm with you. K-Rod's antics don't bother me either, if it bothers the other team, do something to stop them from celebrating.

The ONLY time I've ever gotten on those guys is when Joba gets ripped and no one says boo about them. Otherwise I totally agree, they wont' be pumping their fist when you rip a double.

Joba is the first Yankee to show any raw emotion since O'Neill. Personally, I think that's what the Yankees have been missing over the last decade.

It's fine and dandy to want to be 'corporate', but it's still just a game. It's supposed to be fun.

So in the brief amount of reading I have done in this thread... is someone actually saying it is not OK to show emotion when doing well?

This is nto church... (and heck there is some wild churches out there even) it is a sport...

I could go back and find plenty of posts giving Papelbon, Beckett and K-Rod **** for their antics. Now that there is someone like that in pinstripes, I'm sure those posts will disappear.

I'm not saying everyone has done this, just a few select 'hardcore' fans.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company